• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.6 beta

against my better judgement i installed 3319f and guess what, no hdd drive play.
reinstalled 3319a .
what happens now,do we wait for another cyberlink update or what.

against my better judgement i installed 3319f and guess what, no hdd drive play.
reinstalled 3319a .
what happens now,do we wait for another cyberlink update or what.
Cyberlink like all the other companys are having their problems with this. I have gone back to V7.3.3304a and have no problems , so it might be prudent to do that and wait for them to come out with product that actually works, Slysoft has no control over this. AnyDVDhd works, I have it working with Nero 8 with the HD-DVD-Blu-Ray add on. But even then its hit and miss with the titles.

I use the Anti virus software from Avira Anti Vir

The rips you burned don't work in an standalone player? That is weird many people here said the rips would work in a PS3 or do you try to playback a rip with BD+ this doesn't work of course. OK I can now say ripped Bds burned to a BD-R playback with PowerDVD also rips on my harddrive work and also all BD(except Spiderman trilogy) work when AnyDVD is enabled for playback. So I think Cyberlink doesn't check if AnyDVD is running or something else there has to be a bug or something on your system is blocks the function now?! By the while this patch seems to be a little bit buggy because when I tried to install the patch the first time it wanted to remove PowerDVD from my sytem. I downloaded it again and it worked

yes I know people say they work in ps3, but I don't have a ps3 to try, I have the computer for BD and HD DVD and a standalone BD player,
so far the standalone player plays all original discs with no updates no issue
some are a slight slow load but they all work this including BD+
on the pc I have no BD+ rips I'm waiting for it to be cracked before messing with it,
I know there are ways to make burned BD's work in a standalone player but
this is rather pointless back up why back up a disc when you can buy the movie for the same or less?
For me the HDD is good enough for playback, and DVD+R for backing them too
I only used a BD RE to burn the files data to see if power DVD has really made it reject riped files, and from a BD-R it works,
my anti virus is Norton's 2007 and it don't work from the HDD
I have rolled back to previous version and I'm there to stay until they fix there issues

Cyberlink like all the other companys are having their problems with this. I have gone back to V7.3.3304a and have no problems , so it might be prudent to do that and wait for them to come out with product that actually works, Slysoft has no control over this. AnyDVDhd works, I have it working with Nero 8 with the HD-DVD-Blu-Ray add on. But even then its hit and miss with the titles.

You mean that you can play *ALL* DVD, BD and HD-DVD titles with Nero 8 with the HD-DVD-Blu-Ray add on?? If it is the case, we must really think about switching from PDVD Ultra to Nero 8!!

BD+ Smart Menu Technology

>all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper, or can be watched on HTPC without HDCP using PowerDVD 3104 and AnyDVD

I'm running PowerDVD 3104a + AnyDVD 6.1.6 beta and can't get the menu with the extra content on 'Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer' (smart menu?). The movie plays and defaults to dts (using spdif) but no other menu options are offered.

Can anyone with this or another BD+ title confirm and/or is a later version of PowerDVD necessary to get the 'smart menu' with the extra disc content?

>all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper, or can be watched on HTPC without HDCP using PowerDVD 3104 and AnyDVD

I'm running PowerDVD 3104a + AnyDVD 6.1.6 beta and can't get the menu with the extra content on 'Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer' (smart menu?). The movie plays and defaults to dts (using spdif) but no other menu options are offered.

Can anyone with this or another BD+ title confirm and/or is a later version of PowerDVD necessary to get the 'smart menu' with the extra disc content?
When I press the "root menu" on FF, I thought I had no options. It should go to a screen with a FF logo - that logo is clickable, which I didn't realize at first. This is with 3319a, so if it is different with 3104 then you may need a new version of pdvd in order to change the audio.

I hope you were kidding because if you were not I might have to second guess your motives. :policeman:

which bit do you mean? the bit that i might try it too or the first bit :p

but anyways you might not have understood it right, what i meant with i might try it too is: i might make a program and go hd dvd exclusive if M$ pays me (H)

no really that bit with "don't buy bluray" is just fanboyism
* Note to Twentieth Century Fox: As you can see, BD+ didn't offer you any advanced security, it just annoyed some of your customers with older players. So could you please cut this crap and start publishing your titles on HD DVD? There are thousands of people willing to give you money.
* Note to people considering to invest in HD media: Please buy HD DVD instead of Blu-ray. HD DVD is much more consumer friendly (e.g., no region coding, AACS not mandatory). Don't give your money to people, who throw your fair-use rights out of the window.

start publishing your titles on HD DVD? same goes for Paramount..

second point.. thats just SOOOOOOOO fanboyism, you might have good motives, and you maybe like hd dvd more, but WTF? let people choose :S my self i haven't gone HD yet, only HD thing i have in house is a PS3, which will be followed by and xbox 360, even my tv is SD.. and i ain't buying any BluRay or HD DVD movies yet until the 'war' is over.. Hell all the movies come also out on dvd which is atm my best choice..

i would rather have bluray to win, but ain't gonna begin the war myself lol, just because you can fit more data on it.. i because i ain't gonna download a movie or w/e.. i will only use HD DVD/BluRay for backup etc.. so on BluRay i get more space.. thats the main reason i want BluRay to win, then the second reason is because i currently own a PS3, but that reason might be scrapped when i get a 360!!

greetzzz..

You can't seriously recommend HD DVD over Blu-ray. What big release is on HD-DVD this week? Shrek the Third? Gimme a break

Well Shrek came out last week in the US. This week you have Star Trek TOS Season 1 on HD DVD, last week you had the Harry Potter movies come out on both formats in europe. Also a lot of the so called 'Blu-ray exclusives' are only exclusives in the US and come out in europe on HD DVD

Last edited:
BD+ isnt cracked

Note to Twentieth Century Fox: As you can see, BD+ didn't offer you any advanced security, it just annoyed some of your customers with older players. So could you please cut this crap and start publishing your titles on HD DVD? There are thousands of people willing to give you money. :)

Well according to Macrovision BD+ is not cracked at all and was only temporarily defeated. Is this the case? Can we expect to see a genuine crack for BD+ soon considering its posted all over the internet that Slysoft have cracked BD+?

Yes and yes. (I don't comment on things posted over the Internet)

I'm a little unclear. Will AnyDVD HD, allow me to rip the protection from my BD+ disc to hard drive, so I can then play with the .M2TS files?

I have been ripping my BD collection and storing them on hard drive, remuxing them to stream to PS3. I would not be using any PC side software, or reburning to BD or DVD+R. Simplly streaming the .M2ts files

No it won't at the moment, if you want to play it from the hard drive you'd have to play it with the full BD structure not just the m2ts file

Tom, with all due respect, it was your comments in the opening post that spawned much of the current conversations.

As a Caymanian I'm curious to ask, are the pirate laws in Antigua as relaxed as they are in Cayman? Most of our "tape clubs" back in the day, with the exception of Blockbuster, were all rentals recorded on blank tapes from US Satellite feeds as it was not illegal to have a chip in your dish's receiver.

EDIT - and there are still no copyright laws there

i did stumble on this recently :rock:

WTO Awards Caribbean Country Right to Ignore US Copyright
hyperlink said:
The WTO's recent ruling on Antigua's complaint against the US over the banning of online gambling resulted in a payment to the island nation much less than they asked for. It appears, though, that this payment was just part of the WTO's compensation package for Antigua/Barbuda. Via Kotaku, the Hollywood Reporter notes that the Caribbean country can now freely ignore US copyright laws - legally. This dispensation is apparently limited to some $21 million a year. "The WTO often takes decisions awarding trade compensation in cases where one nation's policies are found to break its rules. But this is only the second time the compensation lets one country violate intellectual property laws. In this case, Antigua will -- in theory -- be allowed to distribute copies of American DVDs, CDs and games and software with impunity. 'That has only been done once before and is, I believe, a very potent weapon,' Antigua's lawyer Mark Mendel said. 'I hope that the United States government will now see the wisdom in reaching some accommodation with Antigua over this dispute.'"

Back