• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.8.4 released

Good point Samuri--I never thought of it in those terms because I never really tinker with Anydvd. Whatever it's default setting are, is what I leave it set at. I too think it's more than fair trade off. My curious side would still like to see what kind of garbage is on the disc. But, as you said, that defeats the purpose of the A.I. Scanner.

It's unfortunate, but, that is the design trade off Slysoft had to deal with when creating it. I personally wouldn't care if it simply said "useless, crappy protection removed" as long as it did its job, though. :)

You can easily solve this problem by yourself.

Do the following:

Navigate to AnyDVD.exe (right click AnyDVD shortcut on the desktop, properties, Find Target)

Right Click AnyDVD.exe
In the Tabs, select "Digital Signatures"
Double-click the "SlySoft" Signature

You will see something like "The certificate is not valid for this purpose"
Click "View certificate"
In the next window, click the "Certification path" tab
Here you'll see a certification tree. Pick the one with a yellow warning exclamation sign (usually the top one, GlobalSign Root CA), double click it.
Now click the "Details" tab.
Click "Edit Properties". Now click "enable all purposes for this certificate", or if you don't want that, just check "Code signing".

Now click "OK" on all the windows you have opened.

To verify that all is well now, right click AnyDVD.exe again. Click "Digtial Signatures". Pick "SlySoft". It should say now "the digital signature is ok".

OK here's the problem. I'm following your instructions and I don't see AnyDVD.exe. I see Eraser, Language, Manual, AnyDialog.dll, AnyDVD-uninst, Help Launcher, InstallHelp.dll, RegAnyDVD, and SetDisplay. I even did a file search and still nothing.

Last edited:
OK here's the problem. I'm following your instructions and I don't see AnyDVD.exe. I see Eraser, Language, Manual, AnyDialog.dll, AnyDVD-uninst, Help Launcher, InstallHelp.dll, RegAnyDVD, and SetDisplay. There's no AnyDVD.exe.

If you don't see Anydvd.exe, then either your file extensions are hidden--or something is seriously wrong.

By the way, those instructions are only for Windows 2000 users.

I'm using Windows 2000 Pro

Ok. Anydvd.exe has to be on your system in order for Anydvd to run in the first place. If it's not there, Anydvd isn't installed properly.

Are you sure your operating system isn't hiding extensions for known file types?

Do you see a file called "Anydvd" with no extension?

Ok. Anydvd.exe has to be on your system in order for Anydvd to run in the first place. If it's not there, Anydvd isn't installed properly.

Are you sure your operating system isn't hiding extensions for known file types?

Do you see a file called "Anydvd" with no extension?

I figured it out. I had to right click on the desktop icon, choose find target, then when it opened right click again on AnyDVD. Seems to be OK now. Thanks.

new update anydvd 6.1.8.4

i am having problems with the latest update with my computer.
i have vista and since the update, the computer won't recognise the burner.
it won't even play a cd. as far as it is concerned the unit doesn't exist.
nero changed and for some reason or another went to cd/rw rather than dvd but even nero wouldn't work. i have had to uninstall anydvd and am waiting for advice from slysoft re a fix.:bowdown:

i am having problems with the latest update with my computer.
i have vista and since the update, the computer won't recognise the burner.
it won't even play a cd. as far as it is concerned the unit doesn't exist.
nero changed and for some reason or another went to cd/rw rather than dvd but even nero wouldn't work. i have had to uninstall anydvd and am waiting for advice from slysoft re a fix.:bowdown:

Follow the steps: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Anydvd 6.1.8.4

I just upgraded to the 6.1.8.4 version and I am having the same problem as
others I know. I get the message:
Warning verification of file
C:\program files\slysoft\anydvd\anydvd.exe has failed The file has been modified This may be due to a virus Please run a virus scan and reinstall

I am running win200 pro and wish I had not upgraded to this version. I have uninstalled anydvd including everything, rebooted, reinstalled anydvd, registered it and rebooted. But still the same message. I have clicked continue and get several more warnings. I put a movie in and it makes no difference which movie as my software (1Click 4.2) starts to read the disc it will error out and eject the disc. I have followed all the suggestions posted here but to no avail. My previous versions all worked flawlessly.

C:\program files\slysoft\anydvd\anydvd.exe has failed The file has been modified This may be due to a virus Please run a virus scan and reinstall

I am running win200 pro and wish I had not upgraded to this version. I have uninstalled anydvd including everything, rebooted, reinstalled anydvd, registered it and rebooted. But still the same message. I have clicked continue and get several more warnings. I put a movie in and it makes no difference which movie as my software (1Click 4.2) starts to read the disc it will error out and eject the disc. I have followed all the suggestions posted here but to no avail. My previous versions all worked flawlessly.

Somehow, I SERIOUSLY doubt that.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8530

anydvd problems

I am sorry that you don't believe me but I have done everything I stated. I am not computer illiterate and have been a tech for 15 years now. I was hoping that I might get some help here but I guess not.

I am sorry that you don't believe me but I have done everything I stated. I am not computer illiterate and have been a tech for 15 years now. I was hoping that I might get some help here but I guess not.

Perhaps you'd like to detail the *EXACT* steps you took, then, because the post I sent you to has absolutely nothing to do with uninstalling and reinstalling. If you've been a tech for 15 years then you know how incredibly frustrating it is for someone to just simply say "I've tried everything" and give absolutely no details at all about what they did.

We got a tip with this Beta-Version for Win2000 problems in the German forum: click

After update restart Your PC!

Last edited:
We got a tip with this Beta-Version for Win2000 problems in the German forum: click

Only for Win2000-User!

After update restart Your PC!

Last edited:
I just updated from anydvd 6.1.7.4 to 6.1.84 and now I keep getting messages

"Warning: Verification of the file C:\Program Files\Slysoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe has failed!
The file has been modified! This might be caused by a virus! Please run a virus scan and reinstall AnyDVD!

I don't know where this message is coming from. I un-installed AnyDVD and re-installed but the same message comes up everytime AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 loads.

I'm using a Windows 2000 Pro system. :(

yup.... win2000 system, same exact symptoms..!!.. I gave up, & re-installed 6.1.7.4... works OK now. I also did the upgrade on my XP machine; which worked fine. Unless someone has found an exact remedy for this...I think I'll just wait for a new version...hopefully w/NO 'bug'..!!

Beta doesn't mean no issues. We needthose with win 2000 machines to test this as well so there is no issue on that type of machine.

I have the same problem

Re-downloading and re-installation doesn't work for me.
I'm thinking of going back a rev. except it doesn't seem cause any problems.
I'll uninstall and be sure all traces of anysoft dll's are gone before I reinstall, one more time.

Back