• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.1.8.4 released

Filter Name: Cdralw2k
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

Filter Name: Cdr4_xp
File Name:
File Version:
File Description:
Product Name:
Product Version:
Company Name:
Copyright:

These two filters need to go.

You need to uninstall DragtoDisc or DirectCD, and ensure those two filters I quoted no longer appear in your filters after rebooting. Packet writing software is unstable and conflicts with a lot of other programs. Use dvd-ram instead if you want drag-and-drop functionality.

Last edited:
still cannot solve

You can easily solve this problem by yourself.

Do the following:

Navigate to AnyDVD.exe (right click AnyDVD shortcut on the desktop, properties, Find Target)

Right Click AnyDVD.exe
In the Tabs, select "Digital Signatures"
Double-click the "SlySoft" Signature

You will see something like "The certificate is not valid for this purpose"
Click "View certificate"
In the next window, click the "Certification path" tab
Here you'll see a certification tree. Pick the one with a yellow warning exclamation sign (usually the top one, GlobalSign Root CA), double click it.
Now click the "Details" tab.
Click "Edit Properties". Now click "enable all purposes for this certificate", or if you don't want that, just check "Code signing".

Now click "OK" on all the windows you have opened.

To verify that all is well now, right click AnyDVD.exe again. Click "Digtial Signatures". Pick "SlySoft". It should say now "the digital signature is ok".

after following those steps ...i still getting the annoying message...what's wrong

You can easily solve this problem by yourself.

Do the following:

Navigate to AnyDVD.exe (right click AnyDVD shortcut on the desktop, properties, Find Target)

Right Click AnyDVD.exe
In the Tabs, select "Digital Signatures"
Double-click the "SlySoft" Signature

You will see something like "The certificate is not valid for this purpose"
Click "View certificate"
In the next window, click the "Certification path" tab
Here you'll see a certification tree. Pick the one with a yellow warning exclamation sign (usually the top one, GlobalSign Root CA), double click it.
Now click the "Details" tab.
Click "Edit Properties". Now click "enable all purposes for this certificate", or if you don't want that, just check "Code signing".

Now click "OK" on all the windows you have opened.

To verify that all is well now, right click AnyDVD.exe again. Click "Digtial Signatures". Pick "SlySoft". It should say now "the digital signature is ok".

James? Is this the same prolem that was afflicting the 6.1.7.4 release under XP? - or is this bug limited to 2000 ??

-W (hesitating to update my non-internet XP machine untill I'm sure)

Last edited:
James? Is this the same prolem that was afflicting the 6.1.7.4 release under XP? - or is this bug limited to 2000 ??

-W (hesitating to update my non-internet XP machine untill I'm sure)

What you're quoting is limited to Windows 2000.

Well ya.... I know the quoted work-around is limited to Win 2000... But I'm wondering if the Root Certificate issue is limited to 2000 or if my non-internet XP machines will scream like they did at 6.1.7.4.

-W

Well ya.... I know the quoted work-around is limited to Win 2000... But I'm wondering if the Root Certificate issue is limited to 2000

I don't believe what you quoted is related to that issue.

or if my non-internet XP machines will scream like they did at 6.1.7.4.

I have no clue.

Last edited:
6184 alleges computer has a virus

After installing (or attempting to install) 6184, at system startup or any attempt use or access AnyDVD, I get an error message claiming a virus. BitDefender set at maximum security states there are no viruses. AnyDVD is *not* working -- dvd produced is total garbage.

First problem I have had with AnyDVD, but stuff happens sometimes.

Thanks for any help.

Chuck Baker

need some help...

I also followed James' instructions but it didn't work. Problem is, that I can't edit the properties under the "Details" tab. Can't click the "Edit Properties"-field cause it's ghosted.

I'm using the german version of Windows 2000 pro and IE 6.0 SP1 (all updates done). Probs occured when I updated to AnyDVD 6.1.8.4

Anybody any idea? Thx for help.

Andi

After installing (or attempting to install) 6184, at system startup or any attempt use or access AnyDVD, I get an error message claiming a virus. BitDefender set at maximum security states there are no viruses. AnyDVD is *not* working -- dvd produced is total garbage.

Thanks for any help.

Chuck Baker

Provided you downloaded directly from Slysoft's website, no virus exists (and your program, in that case, is giving you a false positive).

Thanks for any help.

Chuck Baker

Provided you downloaded directly from Slysoft's website, no virus exists (and your program, in that case, is giving you a false positive). As for your backup, you need to provide more information:
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 (and answer the questions)

Just a comment and a thought...

First off, fortunately, I have not experienced any problems with this latest version. As always, I think Anydvd is an ingenious product. I'm sure, after a few tweaks, it will again be able to back up that fantastic Will Ferrell movie (sorry for the sarcasm).

What I do miss though, is how previous versions identified the protection in use. As James said in another post: "crap is crap". Personally I couldn't agree more. However, I find it interesting to see what disc has what on it. Furthermore, if a movie comes out in the future that, for whatever reason, is not even playable on a pc (Saw III w/out Anydvd running), I'll know what protection to curse at!!

None-the-less, I realize this is NOT an important issue...I just wanted throw in my 1 cents worth. I would like to again see a screen that says Arcoss/Puppetlock, or Ripguard, but as long as Anydvd does it's job, it's truly irrelevant.

Thanks everyone for a great product, and a great forum with such knowledgeable moderators/members!:agree::clap:

Yes, interesting while it may be, they're all structural protections and due to the way the scanner works, it's no longer possible to correctly identify them. Hence why it was taken out. So, I think there's a choice...you can wait for Slysoft to update AnyDVD to handle new protections like we used to and get the proper identification(BOOOOOOOOOO!), OR, we can let the Scanner do its awesome work and live with "possible structural protection removed". I vote for the latter. :)

Many Thanks for the quick fix

I to use windows 2000 / sp-4, but have since updated my computer to Vista, but the wifes is still using 2000 for now. Your team of experts has solved not only this problem, but also the slow burn on Vista. I have since fixed both computers in a matter of seconds. Many thanks for your efforts on these problems. :bowdown:

Yes, interesting while it may be, they're all structural protections and due to the way the scanner works, it's no longer possible to correctly identify them. Hence why it was taken out. So, I think there's a choice...you can wait for Slysoft to update AnyDVD to handle new protections like we used to and get the proper identification(BOOOOOOOOOO!), OR, we can let the Scanner do its awesome work and live with "possible structural protection removed". I vote for the latter. :)

Good point Samuri--I never thought of it in those terms because I never really tinker with Anydvd. Whatever it's default setting are, is what I leave it set at. I too think it's more than fair trade off. My curious side would still like to see what kind of garbage is on the disc. But, as you said, that defeats the purpose of the A.I. Scanner.

Back