• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ant-Man

MCharlie

As it just came out today, Has anyone encountered any issues copying this one yet? Hope not. 'Ultron' copied fine, after I learned how to do it..I did this one just the same. It is verifying the disk now, so will know an a few minutes if I was successful!

MC

As it just came out today, Has anyone encountered any issues copying this one yet? Hope not. 'Ultron' copied fine, after I learned how to do it..I did this one just the same. It is verifying the disk now, so will know an a few minutes if I was successful!

MC
Successful copy! Plays great in all players, 2 new, 2 old BD players, my laptop, and a new PS4 player! Not unhappy at all!

MC

Successful copy! Plays great in all players, 2 new, 2 old BD players, my laptop, and a new PS4 player! Not unhappy at all!

MC
What do you mean "after i learned how to do it?" What are the steps that you took to get the successful copy?

What do you mean "after i learned how to do it?" What are the steps that you took to get the successful copy?
There were many things about using CloneBD I didn't know about,a nd thrashed a number of copies, until I learned. Good thing I read a lot...heh..I did all my thrashing on BD-RE's, so I didn't waste good BD-R on coaster projects! Some examples: I learned early on, do a full DL copy was not going to work, no matter what writer I had. I also didn't know about Cinavia and how to turn it off in AnyDVD HD in conjunction with using only AC3 sound. I learned though..Still learning...

MC

There were many things about using CloneBD I didn't know about,a nd thrashed a number of copies, until I learned. Good thing I read a lot...heh..I did all my thrashing on BD-RE's, so I didn't waste good BD-R on coaster projects! Some examples: I learned early on, do a full DL copy was not going to work, no matter what writer I had. I also didn't know about Cinavia and how to turn it off in AnyDVD HD in conjunction with using only AC3 sound. I learned though..Still learning...

MC
So you did movie only? compress to dvd5 or 9? Can you be more specific?
thanks

So you did movie only? compress to dvd5 or 9? Can you be more specific?
thanks

Don't know DVD5 or 9. I just run CloneBD, copy, complete copy and , and in destination: BD-R 25GB. As long as the red/yellow/green slider is in the yellow or better, my copy will be good quality. As I copy for my kids, who only have 5.1 systems, I usually just select convert all audio to AC3, keep original channels, and the highest bit rate. Then hit Begin Conversion.

One thing I do check first is to start a preview run of the disk to be copied. If there is Cinavia coding, it will show almost immediately. That's it!

The one I did do, was went ahead and bought the lifetime offer. I have that on all my other SlySoft products, why not this one. Plus, I no longer have the watermark in the upper right hand corner!

MC

2 BD coasters so far, another one on the way.

sztp9e.jpg ---> look at time counter

2119b2b.jpg ----> not gonna try another one ;)

1p9v6r.jpg
finished???

No log option, thought the program was fixed, obviously problems remain, not cinavia related, one of the discs that failed was placed in a Panasonic desktop and said something about not recognizing the disc.

See no reason why a 38GB movie will not burn successfully on 50GB Blank media. Please help, 3 and counting. There was a time when all else failed, a DL disc would burn, not this time, media not "smudged" Ritek and Verbatim media, default speed.

Last edited:

No log option, thought the program was fixed, obviously problems remain, not cinavia related, one of the discs that failed was placed in a Panasonic desktop and said something about not recognizing the disc.

See no reason why a 38GB movie will not burn successfully on 50GB Blank media. Please help, 3 and counting. There was a time when all else failed, a DL disc would burn, not this time, media not "smudged" Ritek and Verbatim media, default speed.

I see 1 thing we do differently...I don't burn with CloneBD. I clone to an ISO and then burn the ISO with ImgBurn. I also 'compress down to fit a 25 gb single layer disk. I have no idea why, buy I have not been able to do a DL burn with CloneBD and ImgBurn. I can put 50gb of images on a DL disk, but not a movie. I have tried with a Sony BD player writer and an ASUS. Same result with either one. What i will do now is clone Ant-Man again and see if I can burn it, using ConeBD. (Onto an RE disk. LOL) Will post back my results!

MC

Copied fine here. If all you're doing is buring directly to BD50 blanks, why are you using CLBD at all. Just burn the iso directly with IMGBurn, theres no need to shrink. Also which brand did you use at the time of burn failure. If it was a Ritek, that could be your problem. RiTek / RiData are about the worst quality you can get. And yeah, pick yourself up a BD-RE and avoid coasters.

Those spikes in the burn rate probably point to the fact that your burner has trouble with the blank media and can't find the proper laser strength / burn speed to write at. Provide an anydvd logfile, maybe there's new firmware available.

There is no log option, because write errors usually are completely out of CloneBD's hands (you can still press the Alt-key to enforce the log buttons on the completion page).
Burning is - from the program's view - very simple: select the drive, set a burn speed, go (and feed data). So, the only parameters for CloneBD to play with are drive letter and speed.

As has been said in other threads here: burning 50GB blanks fails often, regardless of what software you use.
Usually it fails when switching to the second layer.

General burn problems (25 or 50GB):
Normally the drive tries to detect the maximum possible burn speed for the specific blank you inserted. This requires the drive to actually know the exact manufacturer and type of disc.
The result is sometimes incorrect and in some cases that can be fixed by updating the firmware.
Another frequent problem are cheap discs (the illegal sort) reporting an incorrect media id, pretending to be some known brand.

All kinds of traps.... If you're having these write errors with a whold batch of blanks, try burning with ImgBurn.

I see 1 thing we do differently...I don't burn with CloneBD. I clone to an ISO and then burn the ISO with ImgBurn. I also 'compress down to fit a 25 gb single layer disk. I have no idea why, buy I have not been able to do a DL burn with CloneBD and ImgBurn. I can put 50gb of images on a DL disk, but not a movie. I have tried with a Sony BD player writer and an ASUS. Same result with either one. What i will do now is clone Ant-Man again and see if I can burn it, using ConeBD. (Onto an RE disk. LOL) Will post back my results!

MC
Thanks curious to see your results

Thanks curious to see your results

Welp...got a 'clean' burn, no errors, forgot to note the time, but it was around an hour and a half.

But....

As usual,, great clone for the first layer, but at chapter 11, at layer switch over (under?) playback pixelated, froze and chapter indicator kept coming on. Just can't seem to get a DL disk to burn the 2nd layer with movies. Verbatim disks too. Thanks heavens for BE disks! (y)

Oh well...the 25GB movies look just fine.

MC

Copied fine here. If all you're doing is buring directly to BD50 blanks, why are you using CLBD at all. Just burn the iso directly with IMGBurn, theres no need to shrink. Also which brand did you use at the time of burn failure. If it was a Ritek, that could be your problem. RiTek / RiData are about the worst quality you can get. And yeah, pick yourself up a BD-RE and avoid coasters.

Those spikes in the burn rate probably point to the fact that your burner has trouble with the blank media and can't find the proper laser strength / burn speed to write at. Provide an anydvd logfile, maybe there's new firmware available.

Haven't been here in a while cos all was pretty good, had some freezes here and there other thank that NP....until Antman, The reason I'm using cloneBD should be obvious, I bought into it and expect it 2 work, what a year later??

First failures were last of my Verbatim. Final one was Ritek. Not gonna debate the quality of them, saw nothing to indicate they are sub-par in user reviews for example. Not "Blaze" or other "generics".

The Verbatim did at least possibly finish cos the tray was out, I started it and left, expecting NP. Ritek I watched and it never did finish but failed with message I put here. However, neither one worked.

Pete may have nailed it as burn started normal then eta started increasing all the way up to 5 hours @ 80% burned then failed.

So you're basically telling to create an ISO with AnyDVD HD, then burn it with Imgburn and Antman will work in BD Player? Thanks, BD-RE is a good idea.

There is no log option, because write errors usually are completely out of CloneBD's hands (you can still press the Alt-key to enforce the log buttons on the completion page).
Burning is - from the program's view - very simple: select the drive, set a burn speed, go (and feed data). So, the only parameters for CloneBD to play with are drive letter and speed.

As has been said in other threads here: burning 50GB blanks fails often, regardless of what software you use.
Usually it fails when switching to the second layer.

General burn problems (25 or 50GB):
Normally the drive tries to detect the maximum possible burn speed for the specific blank you inserted. This requires the drive to actually know the exact manufacturer and type of disc.
The result is sometimes incorrect and in some cases that can be fixed by updating the firmware.
Another frequent problem are cheap discs (the illegal sort) reporting an incorrect media id, pretending to be some known brand.

All kinds of traps.... If you're having these write errors with a whold batch of blanks, try burning with ImgBurn.

Previously, for me anyway, when 25GB discs failed, the 50GB saved me, so not sure why with this particular movie, it has failed. Is it your opinion to go to the SL and CloneBD or the DL with Imgburn?

Had 0 problems with 25GB Ritek, first time I've used 50GB. Have 100 25GB Verbatims on the way, thought I would only need 50GB with movies such as this, never had problems before, used 50GB as "last resort" for lengthier movies but if it's now failing when going to 2nd layer, couldn't it be a timing issue inside the program?
Ch3vr0n
Advised me to "Just burn the iso directly with Imgburn, theres no need to shrink."
I just want a backup with least amount of hassle, any suggestions?

Will check on firmware updates, both drives are rather new LG WH14NS40 drives. Thanks for the support, everybody

Previously, for me anyway, when 25GB discs failed, the 50GB saved me, so not sure why with this particular movie, it has failed. Is it your opinion to go to the SL and CloneBD or the DL with Imgburn?

Had 0 problems with 25GB Ritek, first time I've used 50GB. Have 100 25GB Verbatims on the way, thought I would only need 50GB with movies such as this, never had problems before, used 50GB as "last resort" for lengthier movies but if it's now failing when going to 2nd layer, couldn't it be a timing issue inside the program?
Ch3vr0n
Advised me to "Just burn the iso directly with Imgburn, theres no need to shrink."
I just want a backup with least amount of hassle, any suggestions?

Will check on firmware updates, both drives are rather new LG WH14NS40 drives. Thanks for the support, everybody

I may not be the right person to ask. I have never ever succeeded in burning a dual layer BD with any program ever (I have two burners, an LG and a Plextor and tried two different types of 50GB blanks so far, Panasonic and Sony - though I don't know who actually manufactures them). Those are BD-RE and I also tried some BD-R once, same thing.
It always goes downhill at the layer break.

So - clearly, I'm all for 25GB blanks. They work for me fine. And quality-wise: can't tell a difference on my 46", so I don't care.

I may not be the right person to ask. I have never ever succeeded in burning a dual layer BD with any program ever (I have two burners, an LG and a Plextor and tried two different types of 50GB blanks so far, Panasonic and Sony - though I don't know who actually manufactures them). Those are BD-RE and I also tried some BD-R once, same thing.
It always goes downhill at the layer break.

So - clearly, I'm all for 25GB blanks. They work for me fine. And quality-wise: can't tell a difference on my 46", so I don't care.

I'm all for the 25GB as well, but previously I had no choice but to go with the 50GB DL media at movies around 2 hrs. Never had a problem with any of them, for me they were like a safety net when I couldn't get them to burn on 25GB SL media. At the time, the slider bar either wasn't there, didn't work, or wasn't accurate. That has been addressed and is no longer a problem. The DL media, up to now I used was Verbatim, I just ran out of them last night attempting Antman.

Just did the Antman.iso via anyDVD HD and Imgburn. Imgburn's disc ID reported Ritek DR3 media so they are what they claim to be. It burned OK but "skips" or stops and starts so far in the beginning of playback, tho as it goes along, that annoyance seems be less frequent... as it starts up again. However, given that it is watchable. First playback and still has long way to go. But best results so far. BD player is Panasonic DMP BD89 with latest firmware.

If I go down this road and blow CloneBD off, I see Imgburn does not compress the ISO's Anydvd HD creates. What then? How could I get the ISO compressed via Imgburn to fit on 25GB media if I wanted to, which TBH I would prefer, given the cost differential. Also if the best way to get a burn is not thru CloneBD but Imgburn, why isn't CloneBD updated or altered to do what Imgburn is capable of?

I also have 2 burners, both LG models WH14NS40 and are still being sold. One thing I noticed about Antman was CloneBD reported a total size of 38GB, and Imgburn said it was 42GB. Don't know enough to assume that had anything to do with burn failure, although 4GB difference is significant.

Thanks for your assistance, it is appreciated. If not for you guys input, I would not be watching this, Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Ritek is your problem, as I said they're about the worst quality you can get. So it's not a surprise CloneBD errored out during burning nor a surprise playback is jumpy. You need better quality blanks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Welp...got a 'clean' burn, no errors, forgot to note the time, but it was around an hour and a half.

But....

As usual,, great clone for the first layer, but at chapter 11, at layer switch over (under?) playback pixelated, froze and chapter indicator kept coming on. Just can't seem to get a DL disk to burn the 2nd layer with movies. Verbatim disks too. Thanks heavens for BE disks! (y)

Oh well...the 25GB movies look just fine.

MC
How do you compress the ISO using Imgburn, I don't see where that is an option....I got a copy using ISO and Imgburn on 50GB media, cos of above (don't know how to compress) and the playback is OK but for stops and starts, annoying for sure but better than nothing.

How do you compress the ISO using Imgburn, I don't see where that is an option....I got a copy using ISO and Imgburn on 50GB media, cos of above (don't know how to compress) and the playback is OK but for stops and starts, annoying for sure but better than nothing.

I don't. ImgBurn doesn't. (That I know of) I let CloneBD do that.

MC

Back