• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ant-Man

Ritek is your problem, as I said they're about the worst quality you can get. So it's not a surprise CloneBD errored out during burning nor a surprise playback is jumpy. You need better quality blanks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

This is the 1st time I used Ritek DL. The Verbatim didn't work either. In addition, I've been using 25GB Ritek all along with pretty good results, an occasional freeze here and there but overall I would't catagorize them as "worst quality you can get". Don't take my word for it, check out the user reviews

Simple, let CloneBD create an ISO, burn the ISO with IMGBurn

Well then how do you do a backup? Create the ISo with anyDVD HD, then what???

I use CloneBD to create an ISO for me, then burn the ISO with ImgBurn. (Read back through this thread, I detailed (At least, I think I did!) how I create a 25GB clone.

As an aside, I have used the Ritek disks before, and they **ARE** awful. I couldn't even get a good, clean storage disk of my images, which is my storage medium for all my image files. Several years ago, I was told to use Verbatim BD-R DL and I would be happy. So...that's all I have in the shack (OOPS, Ham talk) office, except for the 2 new 50 disk spindles of Verbatim 25GB BD-R's. Already have a stack or two of Verbatim 50GB, BD-R DL's, and 50GB BD-RE DL's (Sure glad I had those for my learning experience with CloneBD :) )

MC

Antman

Well hit fast forward on bd remote control, as I heard player banging away, and the stops and starts occured while it was making noise. Started antman over again and it played thru seamlessly on 2 different Panasonic standalones. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Defy's logic but it worked. Despite being on 50GB DL Ritek media (y). So the game changer was creating the ISO and using Imgburn. Begs the question why cant CloneBD do what Imgburn can???

I have had no real problems using the 25GB Ritek all along. They are not generic, as blaze or such like and have high ratings. Backed up 4 other newly released movies on them and all play fine, using anyDVD HD/CloneBD combo on 25GB Ritek media.

So MC, you crate and ISO then what exactly do u do with CloneBD to compress it before burning with Imgburn?? Would you kindly explain the steps u take when doing a backup?
Thanks in advance.
mcm

CloneBD with AnyDVDHD running in the background will make a copy protection free .iso. I think you know that LOL.

Anydvd duh :)

Antman

So MC, you crate and ISO then what exactly do u do with CloneBD to compress it before burning with Imgburn?? Would you kindly explain the steps u take when doing a backup?
Thanks in advance.
mcm

I just set the Destination size to 25GB, CloneBD does all the rest. I honestly don't know what DVD5 or 9 is. Does it even concern me? Do I have some new 'tricks' to learn about cloning a BD movie?

MC

DVD5 = single layer DVD
DVD9 = double layer DVD
BD5 = blu-ray structure on a single layer DVD
BD9 = blu-ray structure on a double layer DVD
BD25 = single layer BD
BD50 = double layer BD

note from the above list: not all standalone player can play BD5/9's because although it's burned on a DVD, its still a blu-ray structure on it technically making them a Blu-ray.

DVD5 = single layer DVD
DVD9 = double layer DVD
BD5 = blu-ray structure on a single layer DVD
BD9 = blu-ray structure on a double layer DVD
BD25 = single layer BD
BD50 = double layer BD

note from the above list: not all standalone player can play BD5/9's because although it's burned on a DVD, its still a blu-ray structure on it technically making them a Blu-ray.
Thanks Mr. CH3! Nice to know....!!!

MC

Anydvd duh :)

OK but he didn't mention it. Begs the question why cant CloneBD do what Imgburn can??? Just clearly saw it took Imgburn and not CloneBD to get a successful back up in this case.

CloneBD with AnyDVDHD running in the background will make a copy protection free .iso. I think you know that LOL.

Shame on me if I didn't o_O
How bout the above question regarding Imgburn vs CloneBD?

Depends what you mean with 'what can't CloneBD do what IMGBurn can'. Neither have any control over the quality of a blank disc or the drive that burns it.

You can use either, its your choice. ( Imgburn or CloneBD to burn a disc.) Totally user choice, Imgburn is freeware.

Not really, CloneBD did not get the job done in this instance, and I already bought it, based on unsurpassed results from your other products. Am I wrong in expecting CloneBD/AnyDVD HD combo should be all I need to do any job?

Problem here is I got 4 coasters with CloneBD, and for those thinking it's the media, the 1st 3 coasters were Verbatim and the one that eventually worked was Ritek.

Don't really understand the need to make ISO's to get a backup. Seems to me like a time consuming step that shouldn't be required.

Perfect playback using Imgburn, multiple burn failures, as screenshots indicate, with CloneBD. Had it not been for MC's advise to turn to Imgburn, it's highly doubtful I would have been able to back up Antman. A big THANK YOU shoutout to MC (y)

Additionally folks all over the forum seem to be recommending Imgburn as the go to burning software and not CloneBD. That's OK but isn't that what CloneBD is supposed to do?

After my Antman experience, I can see why but since cloneBD works for most backups, but how does one know when to use Imgburn and when to use CloneBD?

@ Ch3vron do you really think it's my hardware and choice of media after all this time and the hundreds of successes I've had? I run into one backup problem and all of a sudden it's hardware/media? Highly doubtful.

AnyDVD HD/CloneBD works sometimes (except Antman for who knows why) AnyDVD HD/Imgburn works sometimes (no compression needed) AnyDVD/CloneBD/Imgburn may work all the time but I believe 3rd party software, free or not, is time consuming and shouldn't be required.

Maybe I'm missing the big picture, I dunno, but that's why I came here in the first place with the Antman fiasco, to find out what I may be doing wrong and if my expectations for the product are over and above what it actually delivers.

mcm

Last edited:
OK but he didn't mention it. Begs the question why cant CloneBD do what Imgburn can??? Just clearly saw it took Imgburn and not CloneBD to get a successful back up in this case.

I was curious - Elby claims, they have done a lot of successful testing with 50GB media. You're complaining, that CloneBD can't handle them at all.

I stated earlier in another thread, that I have never before been successful in writing dual layer Blu-ray blanks at all (note that I only ever tried with ImgBurn).

Now I bought a couple of 50GB discs (media id: TDKBLD-Wfa-000), BD-RE.
Did 2 copies of two discs, full copy, both nearly 50GB in size and both, BIG surprise to me, given my past experience, worked right away and play fine in my Samsung player.

Haven't tried BD-R, yet (bought a few of those, too), will do so.

Not sure, if you stated anywhere whether you're burning rewritables or not.
In case it's BD-R - have you tried lowering the writing speed? Maybe ImgBurn did 4x and succeeded while CloneBD set the speed to 6x and failed? The drive normally is responsible for detecting the upper speed limit for a certain disc, but some drives don't handle that too well automatically.
BD-REs should not be so much affeced by "overspeed", as they don't burn faster than 2x anyway.

Pete,

"You're complaining, that CloneBD can't handle them at all."

Never said that, evidently you misunderstood me. Had a lot of success using 50GB media until Antman. For a time any movie 2 hours or more had to go on a DL blank before the working slider appeared. So I had no problems at all with 50GB blanks for months as they were all that worked for me.

As you know, Imgburn lists many parameters as it prepares to do a job, including complete media data, make "model" size etc. Showed 6x burn speed for the successful Antman ISO burn on the Ritek 50GB blank. CloneBD defaults to 4x with 50GB DL media and failed, with Verbatim then Ritek but no ISO. If anything, this tells me burn speed not necessarily relevant, ISO is, and Imgburn is better at writing than cloneBD. That's why I'm asking why Imgburn succeeds and cloneBD fails at writing certain movies and why cloneBD is not updated to do what Imgburn does

Have recently had complete success with CloneBD/AnyDVD HD as expected, with Knock Knock, MI-Rogue, Fantastic 4, and 12 Rounds 3 on 25GB Verbatim media, though it's worth mentioning all were in the 1 hour 30 minute range except MI-Rogue.

Problem is, as with Antman, when and why is the ISO/Imgburn method required? IMO cloneBD should do what Imgburn does and I'm totally lost as to why an ISO is ever needed. Isn't cloneBD/partial/main movie with slider adjusted to fit on 25GB media in combination with anyDVD HD the way it's supposed to work?

Due to recent regulatory requirements we have had to cease all activities relating to SlySoft Inc. We wish to thank our loyal customers/clients for their patronage over the years.

Hey ANYBODY, what's this mean??????

It means SlySoft is dead and they're not coming back. Not joking.

Back