AI Scanner modes - more info, best one to use?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Pelvis Popcan, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Pelvis Popcan

Pelvis Popcan Well-Known Member

The new AI scanner has four modes:

Very Fast (Default)
    Fast
    Thorough
    Deep Scan

Could you please explain in more detail the difference between each of these modes? (For example, what is included in Deep Scan that is not included in Thorough, etc.)

Which one is the best one to use for accuracy (ignoring speed and performance) when doing "clone" type backups (i.e., when using CloneCD or something similar).

2. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

James has said the Very Fast is the best to use, which is why it's default. He said that if that doesn't work it's either a bug or a new protection. The others presumably look deeper into the DVD structure, but, should never be necessary. The Very Fast setting has worked on every disc I've tried it on.

3. Pelvis Popcan

Where did James say this, do you have a link?

4. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

There is no official link but maybe James himself can reply to this for you?

5. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Just believe Charlie, because it is true. Use the default mode.:agree:

6. Charlie

Yes we here will recommend the default setting.

7. SamuriHL

He didn't say it on the forum. I asked him about it cause I was curious, as well.

8. Pelvis Popcan

OK, thanks, I was just hoping to hear an "official" (i.e., James) source chime in on this.

I'm still interested in learning about what the different modes do and how they work, without of course revealing any trade secrets.

9. Charlie

Well maybe in a few days or so we might have more info on this.

10. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

As SamuriHL said - you should leave it alone. :)

11. Pelvis Popcan

OK. :)

However, the modes are there, and are user selectable, therefore I cannot help but wonder about them and what they do. [​IMG]

12. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Try each setting and test your results.

13. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

Will the default setting work with kid DVDs with games on it?

14. SamuriHL

It should. Try it. If you find a bug, report it. :)

15. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

I would if I had some :(. I think there might be one lying around somewhere.

16. SamuriHL

So....your question was hypothetical? :D Cars has some interactive stuff on it and it handled that just fine in the latest beta. I don't know what else I have that has interactive stuff on it. I'm not usually into that sort of thing on DVDs.

17. Charlie

Bambi should too :D along with who framed roger rabbit. :D

18. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

Not really. I remember RipIt4Me having some problems with interactive games on DVDs. I'm just wondering if anybody has seen any problems with the default setting. :)

19. SamuriHL

Yea, don't think I haven't taken the R4M thing into consideration. So far, AnyDVD is winning. ;)

20. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

lol, so I've seen. Well if I find the DVD I am thinking of I will test it out. Otherwise I will have to wait for a report, or keep it on deep scan.