• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AI Scanner modes - more info, best one to use?

Pelvis Popcan

The new AI scanner has four modes:

Very Fast (Default)
Fast
Thorough
Deep Scan

Could you please explain in more detail the difference between each of these modes? (For example, what is included in Deep Scan that is not included in Thorough, etc.)

Which one is the best one to use for accuracy (ignoring speed and performance) when doing "clone" type backups (i.e., when using CloneCD or something similar).

James has said the Very Fast is the best to use, which is why it's default. He said that if that doesn't work it's either a bug or a new protection. The others presumably look deeper into the DVD structure, but, should never be necessary. The Very Fast setting has worked on every disc I've tried it on.

There is no official link but maybe James himself can reply to this for you?

OK, thanks, I was just hoping to hear an "official" (i.e., James) source chime in on this.

I'm still interested in learning about what the different modes do and how they work, without of course revealing any trade secrets.

OK, thanks, I was just hoping to hear an "official" (i.e., James) source chime in on this.

I'm still interested in learning about what the different modes do and how they work, without of course revealing any trade secrets.

Well maybe in a few days or so we might have more info on this.

As SamuriHL said - you should leave it alone. :)

OK. :)

However, the modes are there, and are user selectable, therefore I cannot help but wonder about them and what they do.
icon14.gif

Will the default setting work with kid DVDs with games on it?

I would if I had some :(. I think there might be one lying around somewhere.

I would if I had some :(. I think there might be one lying around somewhere.

So....your question was hypothetical? :D Cars has some interactive stuff on it and it handled that just fine in the latest beta. I don't know what else I have that has interactive stuff on it. I'm not usually into that sort of thing on DVDs.

So....your question was hypothetical? :D Cars has some interactive stuff on it and it handled that just fine in the latest beta. I don't know what else I have that has interactive stuff on it. I'm not usually into that sort of thing on DVDs.
Not really. I remember RipIt4Me having some problems with interactive games on DVDs. I'm just wondering if anybody has seen any problems with the default setting. :)

Not really. I remember RipIt4Me having some problems with interactive games on DVDs. I'm just wondering if anybody has seen any problems with the default setting. :)

Yea, don't think I haven't taken the R4M thing into consideration. So far, AnyDVD is winning. ;)

Yea, don't think I haven't taken the R4M thing into consideration. So far, AnyDVD is winning. ;)
lol, so I've seen. Well if I find the DVD I am thinking of I will test it out. Otherwise I will have to wait for a report, or keep it on deep scan.

Back