• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved 1080p on Netflix Animated titles

RedFox 1

Forum Admin
okay, so yesterday when I wrote this the only options that were available on the drop-down were 960x540 and 720x432. Interestingly enough, today, the 1920x1080 and the 1280x720 are available. Go figure....

I do see that there is a new version 1.6.7 available today, so I will download and install. Thanks.
You are welcome, I am open to any questions you may have. 😉

okay, so yesterday when I wrote this the only options that were available on the drop-down were 960x540 and 720x432. Interestingly enough, today, the 1920x1080 and the 1280x720 are available. Go figure....

I do see that there is a new version 1.6.7 available today, so I will download and install. Thanks.
I'm still having a similar issue for close to 50% of the titles;
  • Only 768x432 and 960x540 for the resolution
  • I have the issue for a lot of titles, both recent (like the Super Mario Bros movie) and a bit older (Hotel Transylvannia), but I have movies of both these categories for which I get the x1080 option
  • I tried the log out, close AnyStream, start AnyStream & log in several times in the last 48 hours
  • I'm using version 1.6.7.0 (installed it as soon as I read here that it was available)
(still love the tool, though... I already made a nice small collection for the kids. Just a little hiccup here, since I reactivated my old Netflix account some weeks ago and I was unlucky to do it right when there was this bug)

Follow the instructions exactly in the first post of this thread. Log out of Netflix and any stream close any stream open any stream. Closing and opening the program is imperative. Once the program is open again, login and your 1080 P should be restored please use the drop-down box. Using the new version is imperative.

Follow the instructions exactly in the first post of this thread. Log out of Netflix and any stream close any stream open any stream. Closing and opening the program is imperative. Once the program is open again, login and your 1080 P should be restored please use the drop-down box. Using the new version is imperative.
If by logout, you mean click on the "Se déconnecter" (probably "logout" in English, but I'm using the french version) next to the profile name in the top left of the page, this is what I've been doing in my last attempts. Closing and restarting the app has been done as well. When logging back in, I each time received the mail from Netflix about "A new device is using your account".

Either there are more than one way to logout (and I used the wrong one), or there's more to do when closing the program (like looking for processes in the background/restarting the whole PC), or there's another kind of issue.

If by logout, you mean click on the "Se déconnecter" (probably "logout" in English, but I'm using the french version) next to the profile name in the top left of the page, this is what I've been doing in my last attempts. Closing and restarting the app has been done as well. When logging back in, I each time received the mail from Netflix about "A new device is using your account".

Either there are more than one way to logout (and I used the wrong one), or there's more to do when closing the program (like looking for processes in the background/restarting the whole PC), or there's another kind of issue.
There is no other kind of issue. That’s what you have to do when it works for everybody please make sure you’re using the new version.. The process is simple. You log out and close any stream. Reopen it login if 1080 P is not there. Use the drop-down box and select it. It works for everybody. We all use the same program. after closing the program, do not reboot your computer there is no need just make sure the app is closed. Make sure you use the drop-down box to choose 1080 P. Make sure you check a few movies. Because some are not in in 1080 P. Do not use a VPN, I would have known this, but you didn’t leave a log file. Forget about the emails you get they are automated and everyone gets them.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I've been following this exact process for a few times already.
I do get some movies in 1080p (so I know it can work), but quite often (too often to just consider it "a few") I'm limited to the x540 one.

When reinstalling, is it OK to just reinstall over the old application or should a thorough clean up of any file (or cache) be made?
I also have the standard type of profile (not premium). Could it make a difference?
Also, in the case I'd be very unlucky; is there some kind of list of the "few" movies that could still be in SD, as mentioned in the banner of the forum, so that I could compare?

Edit; I'm doing a test: I'm checking the first 10 movie of the "most search movies" category (kids' profile) and I'll see which ones are HD and which ones are not... I'll update the message afterwards.

Here it is (sorry, my UI is French so I roughly translate the titles):
  • Hotel Transylvannia: SD
  • Matilda (the old one): SD
  • Puss in boots 2: SD
  • Charlie and the chocolate factory: HD
  • Super Mario bros: SD
  • Sonic 2: HD
  • Sing: SD
  • Babysitter guide to monster hunting: HD
  • The Witches: HD
  • Teletubbies (what?): HD
So that's 50% of SD.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I've been following this exact process for a few times already.
I do get some movies in 1080p (so I know it can work), but quite often (too often to just consider it "a few") I'm limited to the x540 one.

When reinstalling, is it OK to just reinstall over the old application or should a thorough clean up of any file (or cache) be made?
I also have the standard type of profile (not premium). Could it make a difference?
Also, in the case I'd be very unlucky; is there some kind of list of the "few" movies that could still be in SD, as mentioned in the banner of the forum, so that I could compare?

Edit; I'm doing a test: I'm checking the first 10 movie of the "most search movies" category (kids' profile) and I'll see which ones are HD and which ones are not... I'll update the message afterwards.

So that's 50% of SD.
I am not in the office at the moment, so I cannot check them. I will be in the office at 7 AM DST good night.

I observed that also, mostly with animated stuff ... but admittedly, when playing those in the browser, it's also restricted to 540p ... so this might be some Netflix thing

I observed that also, mostly with animated stuff ... but admittedly, when playing those in the browser, it's also restricted to 540p ... so this might be some Netflix thing
OMG, I just read a bit more in the forums, read about this "Ctrl + Alt + Shift + D" (to check video stats in the browser) and I realized the browser version of these movies (well, I tried with one of them: Puss in boots 2, which I expected to be HD since it's recent) was 540 as well... WTF?

Sorry RedFox 1, I should have checked/found about this first. I feel bamboozled (by Netflix).

Edit: It appears I've differences based on the browser; Brave (which I usually uses) is limited at 540p, but the same movie can be read at 1080p using Edge...

Last edited:
Okay now that we understand your issue is with Netflix, its all resolved, thank you for using our software. It's nice chatting with you. This thread is resolved.

A bit simplistic, since I mentioned that I get HD on some browsers (Edge) and it appears to be limited on Chrome-based browser (which appears to be the case of AnyStream, but over which you probably don't have much control), but I can understand the feeling.

Thank you for the support.

A bit simplistic, since I mentioned that I get HD on some browsers (Edge) and it appears to be limited on Chrome-based browser (which appears to be the case of AnyStream, but over which you probably don't have much control), but I can understand the feeling.

Thank you for the support.
We have no control, we can only download what is available. The animated film is less resolution in Netflix. Good day. I sent you a DM.

So that's 50% of SD.
A lot of titles are in HD, but some others are still in SD, you have to retry with new version of AS or check time to time. I think it's because of the DRM changes, those titles were in HD before the change. It happens very often but AS always find a solution at the end.

Back