• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Customer Disservice] Deprecating good versions for the unknown...

I also was forced to update this morning! I was running 1.0.9.1 - which was perfect for me. I had rolled back from a later version (1.1.0.0), which was freezing on downloads.

Now, after only 3 episode downloads, version 1.1.1.0 is has frozen on episode 4. I'm also not happy with this. I also don't like to be forced to update when the version I was using (1.0.9.1) was working fine.
I'm getting freezing now as well. I've not encountered freezing like this, not a single time prior to this forced upgrade. This is just plain stupid.

I am really against forced uploads since the only version of Any Stream that worked perfectly was the first one downloaded. Every version since has had pause/freeze and sound problems.
This is not a forum for solving all the world's problems but just problems and issues of Any Streams. it took a really long time until Clone BD worked correctly for me. If you are not supposed to complain here about problems then where?

If something is working well for you, fine and good, but don't criticize others who are still having problems.

So someone decided that version 1.0.9.1, i. e. the ONLY version in the "recent history" that doesn't have track truncation bug is too old...
Yes, that bug has been identified and removed with certainty. Hadn't that been the case, we surely wouldn't have required the update just yet. But it would have been necessary nonetheless at some point.

simply put I feel they need to knock it the eff off with the forced upgrades and thought they had learned their lesson after the backlash and semi-reversal the last time.
We don't force upgrades on you just for kicks, it rarely happens, that we set that minimal version limit.
The thing, that you as customers don't see, is what sometimes happens behind the curtains - the DRM scheme is "on the move" and sometimes an older version will simply not meet the requirements anymore.
AnyStream is not notepad or anything, that runs entirely standalone. It communicates with our servers and with those of the providers.
All the protocols need to match up.

I also was forced to update this morning! I was running 1.0.9.1 - which was perfect for me. I had rolled back from a later version (1.1.0.0), which was freezing on downloads.
I'm getting freezing now as well. I've not encountered freezing like this, not a single time prior to this forced upgrade. This is just plain stupid.
...so, can anyone please explain to me what "freezing" means in this context?
Download stops and hangs?
Whole application freezes and doesn't accept input?

If it's the first, can someone please post a log file?
If it's the latter: just open task manager, right-click on AnyStream and create a dump file.

...so, can anyone please explain to me what "freezing" means in this context?
Download stops and hangs?
Whole application freezes and doesn't accept input?

Just to deal with this briefly: it's when the server drops the connection, AS notices the drop, but fails to present the notification to the user in a meaningful way, basically this: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/bug...-ass-feet-or-connection-closed-hanging.80874/ and attached is another instance of it happening.

The thing is, for me, this drop literally never happened with thousands of downloads with 1.0.9.1, and now happened twice in one day. So it's something that AS is sending to the servers that's causing the connection drop, and not the servers just whimsically deciding they've had enough...

Last edited:
We don't force upgrades on you just for kicks, it rarely happens, that we set that minimal version limit.
The thing, that you as customers don't see, is what sometimes happens behind the curtains - the DRM scheme is "on the move" and sometimes an older version will simply not meet the requirements anymore.
AnyStream is not notepad or anything, that runs entirely standalone. It communicates with our servers and with those of the providers.
All the protocols need to match up.

It's a nice story, but let's be frank: a perfectly good download with 1.0.9.1, clicking to download the next epi in the series: ding-ding-ding "Your version has been deprecated, you've got no choice but to upgrade" for the next one; that just doesn't match up what you said. Then you end up with things like this: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/i-cant-use-as-anymore.80875/

Last edited:
It's a nice story, but let's be frank: a perfectly good download with 1.0.9.1, clicking to download the next epi in the series: ding-ding-ding "Your version has been deprecated, you've got no choice but to upgrade" for the next one; that just doesn't match up what you said.
Look, we had to change the protocol on the server and that requires an update to the clients as well. Period. And there are good reasons for that as well, that I won't talk about openly.
Accusing me of lying, really doesn't make me more inclined to discuss this with you, I'm not a fan of rude behaviour.

Look, we had to change the protocol on the server and that requires an update to the clients as well. Period. And there are good reasons for that as well, that I won't talk about openly.
Accusing me of lying, really doesn't make me more inclined to discuss this with you, I'm not a fan of rude behaviour.

I do apologise for saying that what you said doesn't match the experience, perhaps if you said "we had to change the protocol on the server and that requires an update to the clients as well" upfront, I wouldn't have to say what you describe doesn't match experience on the ground. Think about that...

In any case:
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adapter_pattern

Jumping in with "just my opinion" here as someone who lurks on the forums, it seems clear to me that the code changes made after 1.0.9.2 were sufficient that there should have been a beta phase really.

Last edited:
Jumping in with "just my opinion" here as someone who lurks on the forums, it seems clear to me that the code changes made after 1.0.9.2 were sufficient that there should have been a beta phase really.

Euh 1092 and 1093 WERE beta versions

Euh 1092 and 1093 WERE beta versions
People just downloaded and used them anyway, there tends to be an assumption that if it's up for download start using it. I don't think that was a good move.
I don't think even 1.0 was ready for release and I'm not sure 1.1 is (not used it yet myself, but going by comments here)
I stuck with 1.0.9.1 till today.

That's the problem, you went by comments here. Do you always let others make your decisions for you? Do you have an issue also, if so please upload a log file. If you do not have an issue with the software, please enjoy it.

People just downloaded and used them anyway, there tends to be an assumption that if it's up for download start using it. I don't think that was a good move.
I don't think even 1.0 was ready for release and I'm not sure 1.1 is (not used it yet myself, but going by comments here)
I stuck with 1.0.9.1 till today.

Which is why STICKY threads are created and they SPECIFICALLY mention BETA in the topic title and changelog. Case and point https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-beta-1-0-9-3-disney.80536/

So someone decided that version 1.0.9.1, i. e. the ONLY version in the "recent history" that doesn't have track truncation bug is too old...

View attachment 56438

FYI, the rejection ratio (incomplete downloads) I'm currently experiencing with 1.1.0.3 over the past three days is about 18 in 27, and still don't have a "complete" complete season from D despite blowing >100 tokens on the same season at different times of day over the past few days!

Is Redfox set on customers having a crappy experience or someone played with a switch without understanding the consequences? It's one thing is to have a buggy piece of software that's being fixed while allowing older version albeit with fewer features but with no show-stopper bugs, it's another to force people to use a version with a known critical bug, c'mon!
I totally agree.

Always looking on the bright side of things, if anything, this forced update made RedFox churn out fixes faster ;)

Can i respectfully ask, that those who (appear) to be arguing for the sake of arguing please stop?!

As has been pointed out, there will be reasons for the decision as to why a update is forced. We as customers may not (and likely cant) know why.

I understand that a working version (for you) may not not work, and that does suck, and I get it. But to harp on about a point without knowing the reasoning/backstory is just tiresome.

You need to understand that there will be many parts to an application like AnyStream, everything needs to be in sync/lined up to work...lets leave it to the dev team to make the decisions on THEIR product. The Redfox team are, after all, known for what they do and great at it.

Back