• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Customer Disservice] Deprecating good versions for the unknown...

0x0x0x0x0

So someone decided that version 1.0.9.1, i. e. the ONLY version in the "recent history" that doesn't have track truncation bug is too old...

deprecated.jpg

FYI, the rejection ratio (incomplete downloads) I'm currently experiencing with 1.1.0.3 over the past three days is about 18 in 27, and still don't have a "complete" complete season from D despite blowing >100 tokens on the same season at different times of day over the past few days!

Is Redfox set on customers having a crappy experience or someone played with a switch without understanding the consequences? It's one thing is to have a buggy piece of software that's being fixed while allowing older version albeit with fewer features but with no show-stopper bugs, it's another to force people to use a version with a known critical bug, c'mon!

Can you try version 1110, there's a ne, release. Perhaps that's the cause. There's always a minimum version required by the license authentication server.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I appreciate the "business needs" but one has to juxtapose them over what the customer gets on their end. As it happens, the truncation bug seems to have gone, and perhaps I was too rush with the thread title so I edited it now. The point remains though: if you need to deprecate things, doing it at the time of a bugfix release and forcing the customer base to a new untested version is never a good idea.

Edit, since I'm usually the one who says "complaining is easy, proposing solutions is hard," here's my proposed solution: releasing a x.x.1.0 delta with no changes but for the backend server support ought not be an issue.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of forced upgrades either. The version I was using, 1090, was stable and didn't seem to have any issues for me. Guess I'll have to see how 1110 works now.

One annoying this though, when you clock OK in the box in OP's post, it bring you to the Redfox site to DL the new one (which is good). But then the box doesn't go away and you can't close AS without using Task Manager.

There are lots of people in the world who wonder if they will eat tomorrow or if an alligator will rip their arms off while they try to get water in the morning. If something with AS is one of your pressing concerns I would count your blessings and appreciate the position in life you have.

There are lots of people in the world who wonder if they will eat tomorrow or if an alligator will rip their arms off while they try to get water in the morning. If something with AS is one of your pressing concerns I would count your blessings and appreciate the position in life you have.

Those people wouldn't have forked out for AS, so what exactly is your point?

1. There are lots of people in the world who wonder if they will eat tomorrow or if an alligator will rip their arms off while they try to get water in the morning. If something with AS is one of your pressing concerns I would count your blessings and appreciate the position in life you have.
    I do not agree that any Customer disservice has occurred here. But that is just my opinion and everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I bet you are fun at parties. This is a forum dedicated to AS. I think voicing concerns, reporting problems, and other conversation about AS is pretty valid and relevant. Unlike your post criticizing doing exactly that as being a first world problem.

1. I do not agree that any Customer disservice has occurred here. But that is just my opinion and everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I was going to say "it's customary," but that would be wrong, it's actually a standard operating procedure in the software industry to give a deprecation notice (and it's not something new for RedFox folks as they gave plenty of notice when they were deprecating SlyFox's* AnyDVD).

* play on words (we had this joke before and then people had to explain it) :p

A few people were wondering if the truncalligator would cut their video or audio off when they try to download titles at any time :p

I was going to say "it's customary," but that would be wrong, it's actually a standard operating procedure in the software industry to give a deprecation notice (and it's not something new for RedFox folks as they gave plenty of notice when they were deprecating SlyFox's* AnyDVD).

That title is nothing but saying " Pay attention to me first." Slyfox never existed it was Slysoft

That title is nothing but saying " Pay attention to me first."

We all know you personally couldn't care less if people's downloads were getting truncated, you said so on many occasions and topped it off with words along the lines of "as far as I am concerned, AS works fine"...

Slyfox never existed it was Slysoft

for crying out aloud, I even spelled it out:

* play on words (we had this joke before and then people had to explain it) :p

We all know you personally couldn't care less if people's downloads were getting truncated, you said so on many occasions and topped it off with words along the lines of "as far as I am concerned, AS works fine"..
"We all", I guess someone voted you to speak for everyone in the forum. I happen to care more than you could ever imagine about this program and every program the was ever released by this company. So please speak for yourself.

"We all", I guess someone voted you to speak for everyone in the forum.

It's a phrase meaning "it's out there in the public," not "I went around asking everyone and got 100% agreement"... :rolleyes:

I happen to care more than you could ever imagine about this program and every program the was ever released by this company. So please speak for yourself.

Sure, it shows:-

It does not affect the title playback at all. As far as I am concerned this is nitpicking.

I guess it was foolish of me to expect those with a complete lack of perspective to heed a call for it. To each his own.

Voicing concerns, reporting problems and other AS conversation is EXACTLY what the forum is for.

What I assume the forum is not for is whining, b!tching or otherwise airing your life frustrations out all while laying abuse on others.

Most folks come here to learn, help or get help. No one wants to see the whiny, self-centered bickering junk.

You must see the irony of posting that just after I pointed out that my reporting of track truncation was "just nitpicking," right? Rhetorical question!

So someone decided that version 1.0.9.1, i. e. the ONLY version in the "recent history" that doesn't have track truncation bug is too old...

View attachment 56438

FYI, the rejection ratio (incomplete downloads) I'm currently experiencing with 1.1.0.3 over the past three days is about 18 in 27, and still don't have a "complete" complete season from D despite blowing >100 tokens on the same season at different times of day over the past few days!

Is Redfox set on customers having a crappy experience or someone played with a switch without understanding the consequences? It's one thing is to have a buggy piece of software that's being fixed while allowing older version albeit with fewer features but with no show-stopper bugs, it's another to force people to use a version with a known critical bug, c'mon!
I vehemently agree with all of this.............enough said.

On the use of the editorial "we all", almost as dangerous due to misconceptions, as "you people." I am now off to engage in my force downloadment.

I am not a fan of forced upgrades. If I encounter an issue I'm not able to fall back to 1.0.9.1 now. Not happy at all about that. Thankfully AnyStream v1.1.1.0 appears to be working well so far. Hopefully that continues to be the case. I'm downloading a TV season at present and knock on wood the files have been healthy in size, the video not ending prematurely while the audio continues to play as I was finding with the prior release. How about this? Provide a brief explanation in the release notes as to why it's a forced upgrade. That would go a long way in the customer satisfaction department.

Last edited:
I also was forced to update this morning! I was running 1.0.9.1 - which was perfect for me. I had rolled back from a later version (1.1.0.0), which was freezing on downloads.

Now, after only 3 episode downloads, version 1.1.1.0 is has frozen on episode 4. I'm also not happy with this. I also don't like to be forced to update when the version I was using (1.0.9.1) was working fine.

simply put I feel they need to knock it the eff off with the forced upgrades and thought they had learned their lesson after the backlash and semi-reversal the last time.

Last edited:
Back