• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New CloneBD version

It's not a bug. Please don't try to classify it as that. It was an implementation decision. The idea being that because Dolby Vision is stored in an m2ts file as two separate video tracks, they would just put those tracks in the MKV container. Thus keeping the exact same data just moving it to a new container. BUT....that doesn't work for us at all. Because nothing out there can do anything with that track. So this was a decision, not a bug.

Let's call it an "implementation bug" since they did it right for MP4.

My guess is that they did this even before that "standard" was defined by Mike and the MKV guys and now it's just outdated and was never updated. A wild guess since Pete said they had it in an internal beta long, long time ago.

No, they didn't "do it right" for mp4. They did it exactly how they did for MKV. I'm really not looking for an argument. This implementation is WRONG for MKV. Period. It's also done by design, so it's not a bug.

EDIT: To be clear, the mp4 implementation follows the dolby vision spec for mp4. There isn't one for MKV, so the community made one. They are NOT the same thing.

MP4. What's wrong with that?

General
Complete name : E:\bluray\Moonfall.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/mp42/dby1)
File size : 64.6 GiB
Duration : 2 h 11 min
Overall bit rate : 70.3 Mb/s
Movie name : Main feature
Writing application : Lavf57.3.100

Video #1
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : hev1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Bit rate : 56.0 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.281
Stream size : 51.4 GiB (80%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 934 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 605 cd/m2
Menus : 5
Codec configuration box : hvcC

Video #2
ID : 2
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Bit rate : 14.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.282
Stream size : 12.9 GiB (20%)
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

Audio #1
ID : 3
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 120 MiB (0%)
Title : German
Language : German
Default : No
Alternate group : 2

Audio #2
ID : 4
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 120 MiB (0%)
Title : English
Language : English
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 3

Menu #1
ID : 5
Format : Timed Text
Codec ID : text
Language : English
Menu For : 1,3,4
00:00:00.000 : chapter 1
00:10:57.240 : chapter 2
00:20:23.681 : chapter 3
00:28:17.237 : chapter 4
00:38:27.680 : chapter 5
00:47:43.277 : chapter 6
00:59:02.456 : chapter 7
01:09:34.670 : chapter 8
01:19:36.563 : chapter 9
01:30:37.140 : chapter 10
01:41:19.532 : chapter 11
01:50:44.012 : chapter 12

Menu #2
00:00:15.750 : ter 1
54:6605276213:28.605 : chapter 8

For MP4, nothing because that's AN OFFICIAL DOLBY STANDARD like I said already. Dolby does not HAVE a standard for MKV so the community made their own. it took a LOT of collaboration to make it, from the tool side to the player side it took almost a year to get all the pieces in place. Go look at what I posted AGAIN. Specifically the MakeMKV version. Look REALLLLLLLLY close this time. How many video tracks do you see there? Yea, that's the point. I'm done now. Elby with either change it for MKV or they won't. Right now, we're back to square 1 waiting.

Sorry but this sentence of yours caused my confusion: "No, they didn't "do it right" for mp4. They did it exactly how they did for MKV."

And that's not the case. MP4 is OK and works.

Alle Oppo-Klonbenutzer haben jetzt eine Alternative mit MP4, aber mit Audio, das auf 5.1 reduziert ist, aber Dolby Vision beibehält.

MP4/DV doesn't really make sense for Oppo clone users since they still have the option of getting an Iso Costum with
full soundtrack and subtitle support with DV, which is not subject to any restrictions.

Well, that was short lived excitement unfortunately. Yes, it shoves the secondary video track into the MKV container. No, this isn't what is needed.
Can you please explain in detail what you're missing.
All I see is "CloneBD: bunch of details, MakeMKV: bunch of details" and that you're unhappy with how CloneBD does it.
Bu I honestly don't get the point. What is "wrong" and what would have to be done for it to be "right"?
If I have some specific information, I'll be happy to pass it on.

ClonBD should be able to create an MKV/DV like MakeKMV does, with
the result that you have this specification in the scan report at BDInfo.

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

This KMV/DV can then be played back by various players like the NVIDA SHILD and that's the only way it makes sense.

Can you please explain in detail what you're missing.
All I see is "CloneBD: bunch of details, MakeMKV: bunch of details" and that you're unhappy with how CloneBD does it.
Bu I honestly don't get the point. What is "wrong" and what would have to be done for it to be "right"?
If I have some specific information, I'll be happy to pass it on.

Essentially CloneBD is taking the streams from the m2ts as is, and sticking them in the MKV container. Normally this is what we want in all cases EXCEPT Dolby Vision. Dolby Vision has 2 separate video tracks, one is the normal HDR track and another is a 1080p track that contains the Dolby Vision data used by the decoder. This is all great for those playing mp4's because there's an official Dolby Standard for that. It's NOT great for MKV, however. Since Dolby didn't create a standard, the community did, from tools to players in order to make it all work. I'm not up on my technical inner workings of Dolby Vision, but, the upshot is that the dual layers (2 video tracks) are combined into a single video track in the MKV that contains both HDR and Dolby Vision. Those "bunch of details" I showed is exactly what I'm looking for. In the CloneBD version, you can see both the HDR track and the Dolby Vision track as separate. In the MakeMKV version, you can see that it's a single video track containing both the HDR and Dolby Vision metadata. To learn more about this, I suggest looking at mkvtoolnix since they have support for it.

I already heard back from Pete, in my case it revealed an apartment long present bug in MP4 conversion specifically triggered by the disc i used. Maybe that'll be the case here too @Pete. At least for the disc i used (the 355) a good will be on the next version.

To test if it's the same thing, try this (i haven't had time to do it myself yet). Redo the conversion to MP4 but DISABLE ALL SUBTITLE TRACKS. Does it convert now? Alternate obviously is to convert to mkv (with selectable subtitles). But the hole discovery was purely because I decided to try and reproduce the mp4 conversion posted before my.

Talk about a stroke of luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I already heard back from Pete, in my case it revealed an apartment long present bug in MP4 conversion specifically triggered by the disc i used. Maybe that'll be the case here too @Pete. At least for the disc i used (the 355) a good will be on the next version.

To test if it's the same thing, try this (i haven't had time to do it myself yet). Redo the conversion to MP4 but DISABLE ALL SUBTITLE TRACKS. Does it convert now? Alternate obviously is to convert to mkv (with selectable subtitles). But the hole discovery was purely because I decided to try and reproduce the mp4 conversion posted before my.

Talk about a stroke of luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I just wanted to see if the conversion to mp4 worked for me. I don't use that function, this was the first time. The disc was A Quiet Place 2.

Yes, with the subtitles selected, it stops after a few seconds.
However, without subtitles, CBD runs to the end

with subtitles Screenshot 2022-06-02 165517.png

without subtitles Screenshot 2022-06-02 165918.png

could be, pete didnt elaborate on the details. Mine was in response to try and recreate the crash. Mine crashed too. Reported to pete, all he said was "been there a long time, the code in the crash related section wasnt new" and "should be fixed in the next version". I just hope that wont be another 18 months from now :p

Back