• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi StormShadow, I have been doing this for almost 2 decades, you have to take into consideration, that everyone is not the same, it's life. The good with bad. But I absolutely understand why you would think that way. ;)

oh i have no doubt there's good times too... but just looking at the downtime we've had. #yikes on some people.

I also don't like the decision to limit everything to SD. I would rather not download something vs download at lower quality knowing I would have to go back and re-grab it.

I also came here to read the release notes and decided not to upgrade before seething this post...

I welcome the latest update. If anything it shows they are continuing to work on things and sometimes it's the smarter play to take a few steps back as to ensure you're actually moving forward in the proper way.

That being said, you can have your cake and eat it to. If certain things are working properly with a prior version, but not with the current version just install both.

I have AnyStream 1.2.8.4 (64-bit) installed to "C:\Program Files\RedFox\AnyStream 1.2.8.4" and AnyStream 1.2.9.0 installed to "C:\Program Files\RedFox\AnyStream 1.2.9.0".

The installer advises against this, but it works just fine. I have yet to encountered any issues as a result going back a dozen versions or more so.

Last edited:
My advice for using v1290 (limited to SD) is to use that version on a different system or virtual machine for titles not available at all with v1280.
This way you can run v1280 on your primary system to maintain currently available HD titles.
Alternatively, you could just reinstall them as needed considering a system restart is not necessary.
Create a batch file to automate the process and you can even call on your license key if needed.
Best of luck...
I hope the next update restores full functionality.

I welcome the latest update. If anything it shows they are continuing to work on things and sometimes it's the smarter play to take a few steps back as to ensure you're then moving forward in the proper way.

That being said, you can have your cake and eat it to. If certain things are working properly with a prior version, but not the current version just install both.

I have AnyStream 1.2.8.4 (64-bit) installed to "C:\Program Files\RedFox\AnyStream 1.2.8.4" and AnyStream 1.2.9.0 installed to "C:\Program Files\RedFox\AnyStream 1.2.9.0".

The installer advises against this, but it works just fine. I have yet to encountered any issues as a result so.
An excellent alternative to uninstalling/reinstalling...

Please elaborate. I don't understand....

the 1st post for one.. random people that come in raging that the software don't work as it should. Instead of being calm about it, they are clearly in Rage Mode and bitch about it. The mods have had to delete several comments/post over the time there's been this DRM problem just because of how rude people are being. I would not be able to just sit back and take it, hense why i'm glad i don't work for RF. Better?

Or they could have taken more time in this release and given us a flag to control this. I'm hoping there a reason they didn't do that other than apathy.

the 1st post for one.. random people that come in raging that the software don't work as it should. Instead of being calm about it they are clearly in Rage Mode and bitch about it. The mods have had to delete several comments/post over the time there's been this DRM problem just because of how rude people are being. I would not be able to just sit back and take it, hense why i'm glad i don't work for RF. Better?

Honestly I think people wouldn't get as up set if AS had better customer support and or communication. Also, they had to know removing HD support was going to piss people off.

This is no headphone jack on an iPhone territory

Or they could have taken more time in this release and given us a flag to control this. I'm hoping there a reason they didn't do that other than apathy.
Are you kidding? DRM work has no ETA (estimated time of arrival). Anything else posted would just be: Be calm, wait, we will get there soon... without any real date of release. Remember Microsoft's "vapour ware".

Honestly I think people wouldn't get as up set if AS had better customer support and or communication. Also, they had to know removing HD support was going to piss people off.

This is no headphone jack on an iPhone territory
You also need to understand DRM and should not post wishful thinking. Google DRM.

the 1st post for one.. random people that come in raging that the software don't work as it should. Instead of being calm about it, they are clearly in Rage Mode and bitch about it. The mods have had to delete several comments/post over the time there's been this DRM problem just because of how rude people are being. I would not be able to just sit back and take it, hense why i'm glad i don't work for RF. Better?
Then you should complain to the streaming services and tell Netflix and Co that it is a cheek on the part of the provider to make it so difficult for us:bowdown:

:ROFLMAO:

Regarding these kumbaya moments I continue to see people calling for here in support of the devs. To each his own, but I think it's silly. The devs aren't taking any abuse. Everything posted on the forums here is just noise. If the devs are actually required to come here they should be absorbing what's useful to them and moving on though others should be doing that for them. It's not a devs job to provide customer service. It's a devs job to develop the software and they dont need to be coddled or have sweet nothings whispered in their ears and no one by posting here is keeping them from getting their job done.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? DRM work has no ETA (estimated time of arrival). Anything else posted would just be: Be calm, wait, we will get there soon... without any real date of release. Remember Microsoft's "vapour ware".

This is a bit different than when EVERYTHING stopped working. Yes that was sit and wait. Currently they have two ways of dealing the the download what ever was happing with 1.2.8 and how ever it's working in 1.2.9. I would have rathered they taken more time and given users a flag or something to say hey work like 1.2.8 or 1.2.9.

The movies are playing and downloading fine, it's an upgrade from not having the movie at all, a big upgrade, I am very sorry you sound upset, but not everyone can enjoy someone else's hard work.

In fairness to the OP, a backwards-step cannot, in any way, be reasonably described as an 'upgrade'; and especially-not a 'big' upgrade. It's a 'downgrade', no matter how much spin is applied.

As for your sarcastic comment about how "...not everyone can enjoy someone else's hard work.", this is uncalled-for. The only circumstance in which your comment would be appropriate is that in which Anystream was freeware. Perhaps you are conveniently forgetting that Anystream comes with a hefty price-tag in which the reasonable expectation of the customer is a minimum status quo at the very least. While the developers take money in exchange for their "hard work", each and every customer has the right to express dissatisfaction if the software is retro-graded in any way - regardless of ToS or other Corporate-speak 'defence'.

Implicit in your defence of the downgrade of downloadable resolution, in the latest version of the software, is a willingness to accept a compromised product and, therefore, acceptance of further compromises to picture-resolution.

In other words you are running the risk of being dismissed as a mere Apologist - an outcome that should always be at the forefront of your mind when composing replies to disgruntled paid-up customers.

The 'all hail to the developers no matter what' attitude of many respondents in this thread, and numerous other threads, merely presents a section of the Anystream customer-base as a collective of timid mice who will accept any compromise dished-out to them and then prostrate themselves in grateful supplication.

So let's put an end to the nonsensical 'spin' about so obvious a downgrade being an upgrade.

Hi StormShadow, I have been doing this for almost 2 decades, you have to take into consideration, that everyone is not the same, it's life. The good with bad. But I absolutely understand why you would think that way. ;)
You were around when times used to be fun as hell :) Sad to see those days gone.

And don’t you think I forgot about you either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back