• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonB.

Forcing AP and NF to 540p is a piss-poor way of placating complaints of errors on the downloads as it obstructs us from being able to download titles that are actually available in 1080p.

For example, I was downloading a batch from NF, all in 1080p and working, and got the notice about 1.2.9.0 being available, so I paused my queue, updated the software, and went back in to add the titles, only to see that I could only select 540p or lower resolution.

I reinstalled the old version (1.2.8.4) and was able to resume downloading the titles in 1080p.

RedFox making a decision to do something like that seems ridiculous.

Forcing AP and NF to 540p is a piss-poor way of placating complaints of errors on the downloads as it obstructs us from being able to download titles that are actually available in 1080p.

For example, I was downloading a batch from NF, all in 1080p and working, and got the notice about 1.2.9.0 being available, so I paused my queue, updated the software, and went back in to add the titles, only to see that I could only select 540p or lower resolution.

I reinstalled the old version (1.2.8.4) and was able to resume downloading the titles in 1080p.

Nice to see you also. :sick:

At least SD for AP in version 1.2.9.0 is a step in the right direction.
We can always go to the earlier version for the ones that can actually be gotten at 1080.
There are some new titles that SD will suffice for the time being. Once HD is restored I can always grab those titles again.

I applaud RF for the fixes thus far.

Nice to see you also. :sick:
Tell me where I am wrong in my opinion, and maybe my opinion will change. Make a stupid comment about my opinion and you just reinforce my point.

Tell me where I am wrong in my opinion, and maybe my opinion will change. Make a stupid comment about my opinion and you just reinforce my point.
The important point is that the DRM issues have been resolved, and hopefully the next stage is upping the resolution. Let's not forget that you can actually download stuff now that you couldn't before.

The important point is that the DRM issues have been resolved, and hopefully the next stage is upping the resolution. Let's not forget that you can actually download stuff now that you couldn't before.

You're missing the point: DRM wasn't an issue for the working titles that I was downloading in 1080p via 1.2.8.4 that are now limited to 540p in 1.2.9.0.

That's not a step forward.

There are ways to convey criticism so it actually is constructive without it being a whiny rant. Maybe try that.
My post wasn't a "whiny rant" as it was completely factual complaint accompanied by my opinion that it was crap.

Read the release note and you will save yourself the trouble and us such threads :rolleyes:

I am not going to comment at all. :)

My post wasn't a "whiny rant" as it was completely factual complaint accompanied by my opinion that it was crap.

OK , granted, "rant" was really hyperbole on my part. But my point was the extraneous knee-jerk negativity does not help anything. At least progress is being made.

And that is my opinion.

If the DRM issues are resolved, then why are we limited to SD?
I'm no developer, but I'm assuming the DRM issues were resolved at SD resolution. Getting them to work at higher resolutions may be a bigger job, but I've been here long enough to know that these guys are able to meet the challenges. I've been here long enough to remember they cracked BD+ in six months... the creators of that Blu-ray DRM claimed it would take a DECADE to crack.

I'm no developer, but I'm assuming the DRM issues were resolved at SD resolution. Getting them to work at higher resolutions may be a bigger job, but I've been here long enough to know that these guys are able to meet the challenges. I've been here long enough to remember they cracked BD+ in six months... the creators of that Blu-ray DRM claimed it would take a DECADE to crack.
You are correct.:sneaky:

FYI: I got the notice about 1.2.9.0, tried it, saw the problem immediately

Then don't.
The movies are playing and downloading fine, it's an upgrade from not having the movie at all, a big upgrade, I am very sorry you sound upset, but not everyone can enjoy someone else's hard work.

At least SD for AP in version 1.2.9.0 is a step in the right direction.
We can always go to the earlier version for the ones that can actually be gotten at 1080.
There are some new titles that SD will suffice for the time being. Once HD is restored I can always grab those titles again.

I applaud RF for the fixes thus far.

Please tell me the logic behind downloading stuff in SD now and later in HD.....

I understand your disappointment but you don't understand the complexity of DRM.

I think most here do, however most are also frustrated that EVERYTHING is limited to SD (even stuff that has been working in HD).

Just meine Meinung ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back