• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's the NEXT BIG THING for AnyStream...?

zero269

As we all know, the development team is working hard on enhancing, stabilizing and improving this great product... with our help of course. ;) Kudos to them!

I meant to ask this shortly after we (RedFox family :D) got past our last major obstacle.

So, now that we are back to a 100% operational status (from an End Users perspective) I would like to suggest the following:
  1. Download Queue (Feature)
  2. Hulu (Provider)
  3. fuboTV (Provider) edit: I've rescinded this as my suggestion for now.
Why those three you ask?

Think about it...
Many dread the current process for getting SHOWS - yes, we have become spoiled, but my carpal tunnel isn't getting any better. :whistle: And for the sensitive types, no, this is not a criticism against AS; so relax.

The Download Queue in my opinion offers the largest value to AS at this time. Even with just three providers, this offers the greatest feature set that we've seen out of all of the feature requests to date.

Why Hulu?
Personally, I've never used it. However, I've been looking at it more lately, and realize that it's a power house content provider for TV enthusiasts. This is why I never had much interest in it, because I'm more of a Movie Guy. Check out their content on JustWatch.

However, I noticed they got some of my childhood favorites, and I may subscribe for a few months to enjoy some of them. OK, now back on topic...

If we add Hulu before the Download Queue, more and more users will get carpal tunnel syndrome. So, when you really think about it, there's a MEDICAL BENEFIT here! :D

Why fuboTV?
I never even heard of this one until last week. I've been using JustWatch lately, and when I was viewing just their content, I was pretty surprised at how many good titles they offered. Take a look for yourself on JustWatch.

Let me hear your thoughts on what the Next Big Thing should be and why... (y)

Last edited:
No one’s going to tell you because nobody knows LOL
I would love to see a download queue, but we have no idea how far the development team has to go in making the Program perfect before adding features. Redfox has a reputation of perfection and good things come to those who wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Since I am also a user I added more to my first post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

darn it, didnt know fubotv also had a streaming library. yup, looks good at first glance, but then again they all look good at first glance but once you dig deeper... a wise man once said 'familiarity breeds contempt', lol. paramount+, starz, epix, hbo, cinemax, netflix, disney+, amazon prime, hulu... they all look like they have a ton of good content, but soon you realize they all have just a ton of content. period. lol. btw, fubotv also looks great, but its not. a few big shows (like parks and rec, brooklyn 99 etc) have only one season available to stream via fubotv. meh, knew it was too good to be true. but on the other hand, selection of movies looks better. seen a few titles i didnt see over at prime and its channels. but, no way im paying 70$ for fubotv, i was told we were cutting the cord AND costs... F you, cable companies... but, it seems to me we were hoodwinked. but thats another topic altogether

anyways, id like hulu but id like vudu even more. thats probably the largest content provider, no netflix, hulu or amazon or hbo will ever get close to vudu. sure, you have to pay for every title, and then you 'own' it, but the library is impressive. besides, if youre familiar with disc2digital program over at vudu, and if the title is eligible, for 2$ you get digital (for blurays that is, for DVDs its 5$). speaking of which, many a titles are not eligible for d2d, but you can always buy the title, 'own' it and then AS it (yup, i went there - AS is oficially a verb now, like google, lol).

and last but not least, queue download it top priority IMHO. who cares about tokens? we gots 100 of them, go get 4 seasons of heroes or mad men, use all the tokens, take two days off, maybe even three, come back and down another 100 tokens. of course, a reasonable time delay between downloads baked into AS by the devs is i think agreed upon within the community. id be fine with like 5 minutes, maybe even 10. anything more would be, at least to me as a paying customer, a bit ungh. but thats just me. queue, queue, queue, queue. in any shape or form! thats my final word.

end of presentation. thank you all for coming, ill be here all week. dont forget to tip the waiters.

Last edited:
they all look like they have a ton of good content, but soon you realize they all have just a ton of content. period.
True that! (y)
fubotv also looks great, but its not.
no way im paying 70$ for fubotv
I'll admit I only scanned through their content on JustWatch and was impressed by most of what I recognized, and I certainly had no idea of the cost. I will definitely need to rethink my recommendation based on your feedback. Thanks.
besides, if youre familiar with disc2digital program over at vudu
Yes, very familiar. I just discovered that program in 2017 and so I have over 300 titles; 19 more available for 2021 due to their 100 per year limit.(n) Mostly the BDs ($2), and some DVDs ($5).
I'm disappointed that I can't find Poolhall Junkies anywhere. No one has it on digital, and people are trying to sell it for buku dollars on AMZ and eBay. And it's never been ported over to BD. :(
and last but not least, queue download it top priority IMHO. who cares about tokens? we gots 100 of them, go get 4 seasons of heroes or mad men, use all the tokens, take two days off, maybe even three, come back and down another 100 tokens.
That's how I see it. And couple that with this one guys recommendation of adding a "delay feature" after the start of each download that is customizable. I think this would definitely meet the "set it and forget it" mantra. (y)

+1 for Download Queue. Processor overload makes 0 sense, it's not downloading them all at the same time. Just need the same download queue system that the monkey software has. Downloading a TV series is too much work currently and I'd rather just use Sonarr

I think when folks are saying "download queue" they might be asking for different things without realizing it.

For example, are you asking for a literal queue where for each download you click on it's goes into a queue to be downloaded in order?
OR
Are you asking for a button or some other GUI mechanism where you can select an entire series/season at once?

Now these things could work in tandem, and maybe you cannot have one without the other but they are 2 different things.

I also think the download queue would be the best next thing than to add another provider. There is enough on the three we currently have (even if someone does not agree to the content a provider has or only use one provider).
But along with this they should also add the token indicator so we can see how many tokens are left. Maybe even before they implement the queue. Because it makes no sense if you want to download a season with say 50 epsisodes, but you only have 30 Tokens left. This way you would run into the no tokens left error, not good if you are not on your computer or if you have to download the remaining 20 episodes by hand if you only can select the whole season at once, and not some episodes too.

But when you have the indicator and see that there are only 30 Tokens left, then you can say wait, I will download another season with only 20 episodes and then wait one or two days and then do the season with 50 episodes.
This was a little annoying thing for me in the recent past because I got some seasons with small file size, so they where fast. But I had no idea how many tokens I have so I got the token error a few times.

Would you be willing to pay an additional fee for support of additional providers?

ruh-roh, microtransactions here we come? lol, just kidding. what kind of a fee are we talking about here? subscription, one time, or? per provider or we pay up front for the devs to start implementing new providers, plural? id be open for anything, but that does depend on type of the fee and of course its... well, cost. we talking a few bucks, a few tens of bucks or? cheers!

Would you be willing to pay an additional fee for support of additional providers?

All depends on the fee.

Might be a way to go. Pay a base price for the program and then pay a one time fee for each provider that you want to add. Or a yearly maintenance fee that gets you everything.

Hey, devs have to eat also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only if the base app costs about 1/4 of what it does now. But at the current price? No.

Back