• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Currently, the most comprehensive source of information related to DeUHD is over at Myce in the dedicated DeUHD sub-forum.

Does anyone here have an nVidia GT 1030?
The upcoming version of CloneBD will support UHD video with transcoding to HEVC Main 10 (also downconverting to HEVC 8 bit, etc...).

Anyway - if anyone has this GPU, please let me know, that would be valuable input for testing.

Bit late in responding but I have a NVIDIA GForce GT 1030 running on an older system. If you still want a tester, please let me know.

Has anyone thought about creating an OP for this thread? Maybe a list of "What's needed" to be able to play UHD? Hardware, software, OS, etc. requirements/recommendations?

That's well known: Basic recommended setup

Z270 based motherboard and CPU
Optical drives: recent UHD drive such as LG WH16NS60 (i think)
Software: PowerDVD 17 > extra requirements for UHD playback check the PDVD page

the OS itself doesn't matter i think

Or maybe not so well known.

The important part of post #555 (which to be fair was not included) is that most of the above specs are in fact no longer necessary to play UHD discs or files, the only one being a compatible drive, applicable to UHD disc playback only of course.

In the case that one is NOT using a Z270 based motherboard and CPU, any other Kaby Lake CPU/motherboard, nor PowerDVD, none of which are required anymore, that list is also missing a recommended component which is an Nvidia Pascal GPU.

Wrong, if you plan to use a licensed player (such as PowerDVD 17) it is required.

Z170 > won't work cause the CPU in most cases lacks the needed S-Spec level for h265 decoding, That list isnt missing a GPU like nVidia Pascal. Try playing an UHD with your GTX 1080 in PowerDVD 17. Aint going to work cause of Intel SGX, UHD = Intel SGX required for closed circuit decoding = CPU's GPU component for display = Z270 based chipset or higher. Do the research.

Wrong, if you plan to use a licensed player (such as PowerDVD 17) it is required.

Z170 > won't work cause the CPU in most cases lacks the needed S-Spec level for h265 decoding, That list isnt missing a GPU like nVidia Pascal. Try playing an UHD with your GTX 1080 in PowerDVD 17. Aint going to work cause of Intel SGX, UHD = Intel SGX required for closed circuit decoding = CPU's GPU component for display = Z270 based chipset or higher. Do the research.

Then why did you say "the OS itself doesn't matter i think"??

SGX only works on Windows 10.

Wrong again. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...uard-Extensions-Intel-SGX-Driver-for-Windows-

That one goes back to Win 8 and the SDK installer even goes to Win 7

Hmm I must have gotten confused with PowerDVD 17 then: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_GB.html?&r=1

Operating System
  • Ultra HD Blu-ray: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit with 2015 Nov. updates)
  • Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater 3D Playback: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7 with Service Pack 1

Since Windows 10 is required for Ultra 4K Blu-Ray, I assumed it was due to SGX.

When DeUHD removes protection from the AACS folder, SGX is no longer needed, however powerdvd 17 always wants the CPU + GPU protected to play the full disk, menu, extra, etc.

Those are indeed the requirements for PowerDVD 17 itself for UHD playback, that's seperate from the SGX requirements themselves. For decrypted content, SGX is no longer needed but scroll down a little to the section

Graphics Processor (GPU)

Ultra HD Blu-ray: Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors integrated with Intel HD Graphics 630, Intel Iris™ Graphics 640, when you use a dedicated GPU (like the GTX 1080 in my case) the "sgx" chain is no longer secure due to the GTX not being supported. As such PDVD would downscale UHD to standard 1080p

but hey, nobody's perfect happyguy82, even i learn something new every now and then :)

Those are indeed the requirements for PowerDVD 17 itself for UHD playback, that's seperate from the SGX requirements themselves. For decrypted content, SGX is no longer needed but scroll down a little to the section

Graphics Processor (GPU)

Ultra HD Blu-ray: Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors integrated with Intel HD Graphics 630, Intel Iris™ Graphics 640, when you use a dedicated GPU (like the GTX 1080 in my case) the "sgx" chain is no longer secure due to the GTX not being supported. As such PDVD would downscale UHD to standard 1080p

but hey, nobody's perfect happyguy82, even i learn something new every now and then :)

Ahh OK so if the content is already decrypted, i.e. no SGX required, will PowerDVD 17 play the content on versions of Windows < 10?

It will, but as said, if the monitor isn't hooked up to the on-board display ports (the CPU in this case, it's gpu part), PowerDVD 17 will detect it and downscale to 1080. This it because UHD on PC requires SGX, and SGX requires a "secure channel" from source (the optical drive) all the way to output (display) and every component in between. A dedicated GPU doesn't match that criteria as SGX doesn't support those or it does but the driver (nvidia's or AMD if you fancy themà need to add it to the driver, if that's possible.

Even though the GTX 10xx series have the needed hardware do the h265 decoding, the driver doesn't yet support SGX, and that's the problem. The chain no longer secure = no 4k display but 1080p instead.

It will, but as said, if the monitor isn't hooked up to the on-board display ports (the CPU in this case, it's gpu part), PowerDVD 17 will detect it and downscale to 1080. This it because UHD on PC requires SGX, and SGX requires a "secure channel" from source (the optical drive) all the way to output (display) and every component in between. A dedicated GPU doesn't match that criteria as SGX doesn't support those or it does but the driver (nvidia's or AMD if you fancy themà need to add it to the driver, if that's possible.

Even though the GTX 10xx series have the needed hardware do the h265 decoding, the driver doesn't yet support SGX, and that's the problem. The chain no longer secure = no 4k display but 1080p instead.

Yes I'm aware of this. Thanks. Yeah NVIDIA should add this to their drivers and GPU BIOS. Maybe they'll support it with Volta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I'm aware of this. Thanks. Yeah NVIDIA should add this to their drivers and GPU BIOS. Maybe they'll support it with Volta.

Sorry what I really meant to ask was, why does CyberLink insist 4K UHD playback will only work on a Windows 10 PC? Specifically what technology does Win 10 have but not others? Thanks again.

Sorry what I really meant to ask was, why does CyberLink insist 4K UHD playback will only work on a Windows 10 PC? Specifically what technology does Win 10 have but not others? Thanks again.
Kaby Lake is supported by Intel (meaning official drivers available for e.g. the GPU) on Windows 10 only.

Kaby Lake is supported by Intel (meaning official drivers available for e.g. the GPU) on Windows 10 only.

But Ch3vron just shared a URL to the SGX drivers that work on windows 7 and 8 too.

Intel Kaby Lake (7th generation) processors are not officially supported by any Windows versions prior to Windows 10. Kaby Lake supports encoding/decoding 10-bit 4K HEVC. Previous generation Intel CPUs don't.

But Ch3vron just shared a URL to the SGX drivers that work on windows 7 and 8 too.
That page says "Platform Software" and says it supports some server boards. I don't know what it does exactly but the issue here is the GPU for which there is no official driver for Windows 7/8.x.

Has anyone mentioned what home theatre UHD/Blu-Ray is required for a home theatre setup?

Back