• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Does anyone here have an nVidia GT 1030?
The upcoming version of CloneBD will support UHD video with transcoding to HEVC Main 10 (also downconverting to HEVC 8 bit, etc...).

Since nVidia hw acceleration for HEVC 10 bit encoding requires the Pascal chipset, the GT 1030 should be the cheepest solution, we would be very interested in the results.
The GT 1030 is available for less than 80 USD - it's probably a good choice for a media PC, very low noise (some are entirely fan-less), low power consumption, ...

Anyway - if anyone has this GPU, please let me know, that would be valuable input for testing.

The upcoming version of CloneBD will support UHD video with transcoding to HEVC Main 10 (also downconverting to HEVC 8 bit, etc...).

Since nVidia hw acceleration for HEVC 10 bit encoding requires the Pascal chipset, the GT 1030 should be the cheepest solution, we would be very interested in the results.
The GT 1030 is available for less than 80 USD - it's probably a good choice for a media PC, very low noise (some are entirely fan-less), low power consumption, ...

Anyway - if anyone has this GPU, please let me know, that would be valuable input for testing.

Hmmm while I don't own a 1030, I can offer a suggestion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

Quoting from the URL above: "PureVideo occupies a considerable amount of a GPU's die area...." which suggests that this part of the GPU is the same in all Pascal chips so it doesn't matter which model??

Like you said, it would be good if someone can confirm this; but then again the 1030 is cheap enough to try and sell off if it doesn't work.

On a side note, there is also a 1050 Ti that are passively cooled if you require fan-less.

Any plans to add a feature like remux the m2ts ? With dolby vision compatibility ? Tsmuxer doesn't work here.

Thx & Greetings

The GT 1030 doesn't have the NVENC encoder. There are threads on Reddit and NVIDIA Forums by people who can't stream/record their games because of that. I would target a 1050 Ti at a minimum: it's a GTX so it has the encoder, and the 4 GB of RAM is future-proof for 4K playback on a 4K screen with high quality renderers, or for Netflix.

The GT 1030 doesn't have the NVENC encoder. There are threads on Reddit and NVIDIA Forums by people who can't stream/record their games because of that. I would target a 1050 Ti at a minimum: it's a GTX so it has the encoder, and the 4 GB of RAM is future-proof for 4K playback on a 4K screen with high quality renderers, or for Netflix.
Actually the 1070Ti GTX is the best of them all. Even better than the 1080Ti for ripping.

I have no idea, but it is a newer drive, the 1080Ti GTX came out before the 1070Ti, its a very good miner and also gaming card.

Cooler too if I recall correctly 1070 and 1050 are the first to use Samsung's chips which are 14 nm while the rest still use TSMC's 16 nm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually the 1070Ti GTX is the best of them all. Even better than the 1080Ti for ripping.
Does it have the same decoder as 1030/1050(Ti)/1080 Ti, or is it the older one like in 1060/1070/1080 (i.e. doesn't do YouTube HDR decode)?

I suggested the 1050 (Ti) as Reto was looking for lowest power use and noise, and 1070 Ti is quite a more powerful card.

Does it have the same decoder as 1030/1050(Ti)/1080 Ti, or is it the older one like in 1060/1070/1080 (i.e. doesn't do YouTube HDR decode)?

I suggested the 1050 (Ti) as Reto was looking for lowest power use and noise, and 1070 Ti is quite a more powerful card.

I can just go by what I see and since I have a 1080Gtx and 1070 Ti I find the 1070 TI to be faster and graphically just as good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GT 1030 doesn't have the NVENC encoder.
Yes, thanks for the information, you're right.
We're using handful of cards for testing, the performance differences seen with HEVC 10 bit transcoding are not really big - it's at a point where data transfer becomes a bigger limiting factor than with AVC.
A very low end card like the 1030 would have been interesting.
But apparently, GTX 1050 is the base - still affordable.

New <snip, removed Ch3vr0n> media player is released (3.2.0.0) for better playback of uhd bluray files and ISO. Also support for hdr with nvidia 1000 series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spam name removed. This topic is not about which player is good for uhd playback or new version of it released.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

..... But the Oppo doesn't read BDXL Disc's. They were going to design it that it did but had a change of heart. Ha Ha...For a good reason. UHD Discs aren't BDXL. But the player still plays them as if there was a disc in the drive......

Does the Oppo 'see' BDXL as Data discs? Thinking of putting several .mkv on a BDXL.

Has anyone thought about creating an OP for this thread? Maybe a list of "What's needed" to be able to play UHD? Hardware, software, OS, etc. requirements/recommendations?

That's well known: Basic recommended setup

Z270 based motherboard and CPU
Optical drives: recent UHD drive such as LG WH16NS60 (i think)
Software: PowerDVD 17 > extra requirements for UHD playback check the PDVD page

the OS itself doesn't matter i think

Back