• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Enders game

Then in the first sections of the movie it does jump back to him getting the monitor taken out of his neck about four times?
How are you guys accessing these mpls's (don't know what they are)? Is it you are ripping to folder and then opening certain folders?

I haven't seen the movie, but I highly doubt that the scene would be repeated so many times, your software must be using the wrong playlist.

You can open the playlist directly by browsing the disc and going to -

BDMV>PLAYLISTS>00821.mpls (or whatever playlist is shown as good in the AnyDVD status window)

What software are you currently using to playback?

Then in the first sections of the movie it does jump back to him getting the monitor taken out of his neck about four times?

Not overly likely, but I'd need to see a log file from you to go anywhere beyond guessing.

Not overly likely, but I'd need to see a log file from you to go anywhere beyond guessing.

AnyDVD HD 7.4.2.2
XBMC for playback

Is a rip to iso that's wonky.

Will try rip DVD to hardisk.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.2.2_Info_G_ENDERS_GAME.ziplog
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 4
AnyDVD HD 7.4.2.2
XBMC for playback

Is a rip to iso that's wonky.

Will try rip DVD to hardisk.

Rip to ISO, Rip to Hard disc, playing without ripping with AnyDVD running in the background: those are all the exact same thing.
So there's no point.

HOW are you playing back? Are you letting XMBC choose what to play for you (that WILL fail)? Are you instructing it explicitly to play playlist 815 (that SHOULD work)?
Since you're using XMBC - afaik that can handle HDMV menus, so did you try activating Speedmenus (that SHOULD work too)?

Rip to ISO, Rip to Hard disc, playing without ripping with AnyDVD running in the background: those are all the exact same thing.
So there's no point.

HOW are you playing back? Are you letting XMBC choose what to play for you (that WILL fail)? Are you instructing it explicitly to play playlist 815 (that SHOULD work)?
Since you're using XMBC - afaik that can handle HDMV menus, so did you try activating Speedmenus (that SHOULD work too)?

I have enabled speedmenu (it was not enabled). I will rip to iso and see what that does. XBMC looks to support speedmenu. Will see how this does and report back.

Should I check 'Keep original Menu'???

So if I understand what I have been reading in this thread, if the original will play on my Sony S360 standalone, but will not play on my pc with PowerDVD or TMT3, I will be able to rip the disc but will not be able to make a full disc backup?

I have enabled speedmenu (it was not enabled). I will rip to iso and see what that does. XBMC looks to support speedmenu. Will see how this does and report back.

Did you get the lines, where I said, you don't have to rip, just let XMBC play right off the disc with AnyDVD running in the background?
Whatever happens then, is the EXACT same thing you'll get after ripping.

Should I check 'Keep original Menu'???
That's up to you whether you want to maintain the ability to jump to the original menu from the speedmenu. But if you only intend to use XMBC, the original menu will be of no use.

7.4.2.2 ripped to file and played back correctly.
The disc for some reason is reading free, but plays fine in my Bluray.
Not sure why.
Clicking on .ifo file plays the movie on the laptop, but it's not reading the disc I made.
Happy just to have it on my HDD.
Thanks for the fix.

Did you get the lines, where I said, you don't have to rip, just let XMBC play right off the disc with AnyDVD running in the background?
Whatever happens then, is the EXACT same thing you'll get after ripping.

That's up to you whether you want to maintain the ability to jump to the original menu from the speedmenu. But if you only intend to use XMBC, the original menu will be of no use.

I played the DISC with AnyDVD running in the background through XBMC. I drilled down to JAR and 815. I played that and it worked flawlessly. No more repeated scenes. Total disk time 1:53:48

I ripped to ISO and to harddisk. Played both in XBMC and both repeat scenes and total time is 1:56:43.

Does this mean there is no way to rip properly?

I played the DISC with AnyDVD running in the background through XBMC. I drilled down to JAR and 815. I played that and it worked flawlessly. No more repeated scenes. Total disk time 1:53:48

I ripped to ISO and to harddisk. Played both in XBMC and both repeat scenes and total time is 1:56:43.

Does this mean there is no way to rip properly?

XBMC is just choosing the wrong playlist for playback, there is nothing wrong with the rip itself.

When you select the rip in XBMC, you should get a box showing 3 options -

Play main title
Select from all titles...
Show blu-ray menus

If you want to view the Speedmenus you must select "Show blu-ray menus" option.
Alternatively you need to use 'Select from all titles" option and scroll to 815.
Do not select "Play Main Title" option as XBMC will choose the wrong playlist with repeated scenes.

Black Screen when playing back Image using PowerDVD

I can confirm when playing the original disc using PowerDVD 10 it works. When I rip the image to disc and try to playback using PowerDVD 10 the movie just sits there on a black screen.

XBMC is just choosing the wrong playlist for playback, there is nothing wrong with the rip itself.

When you select the rip in XBMC, you should get a box showing 3 options -

Play main title
Select from all titles...
Show blu-ray menus

If you want to view the Speedmenus you must select "Show blu-ray menus" option.
Alternatively you need to use 'Select from all titles" option and scroll to 815.
Do not select "Play Main Title" option as XBMC will choose the wrong playlist with repeated scenes.

I was able to access 815 through Video>files>ISO. So it does work. Just never had to go through so much to make it happen.

Ender's Game Copy Protection

FYI
I also have had issues copying Ender's Game, Apparently there is a new Copy protection Disney something or other according to one of my copy programs. I am able to copy the Movie using Ideal DVD copy , but when you attempt to shrink it to fit to a Disk you get the read error
s again. So just so you know the issue is not specific to just you I believe everyone is having the same problem due to New Copy Protection.

FYI
I also have had issues copying Ender's Game, Apparently there is a new Copy protection Disney something or other according to one of my copy programs. I am able to copy the Movie using Ideal DVD copy , but when you attempt to shrink it to fit to a Disk you get the read error
s again. So just so you know the issue is not specific to just you I believe everyone is having the same problem due to New Copy Protection.

No, they are talking about a Bluray, not a DVD. AnyDVD 7.4.2.2 beta works just fine on Enders Game. If you are having issues, start a thread of your own, with an AnyDVD log, and explain exactly what doesn't work.

FYI

If you are using a DVD copy program it won't work on a Blu-ray. If you are talking about a DVD you are posting in the wrong section.

Rgr

If you are using a DVD copy program it won't work on a Blu-ray. If you are talking about a DVD you are posting in the wrong section.

Sorry Just Trying to Help.. I just joined , and have used Sly Soft Products for ever. Specifically Sly soft DVD HD Again sorry

Chaz

Sorry Just Trying to Help.. I just joined , and have used Sly Soft Products for ever. Specifically Sly soft DVD HD Again sorry

Chaz

No worries Chaz. It is a bit confusing when you are using AnyDVD HD whether to post in the HD or regular section. It helps to segregate the Blu-ray issues from the DVD issues as the problems are entirely different. For example, there aren't any Blu-ray copy protections that involve read errors like you get with DVD's.

enders game playback from original

I am playing the movie on tmt6 as I am typing this message with anydvd 7.4.2.2 not running with no problems so their is a problem in anydvd at present. my disc is region 1 and after anydvd previews the dics it lists 0815 as the mpls. so summit as has come with a new protection. also after ripping to hd the file is 44gb plus the disc is only 23gb all told.

I can't get the original disc to play in any shape or form on the PC, but it plays fine in the PS3.

Without AnyDVD running...
TMT 5.3.1.146 (I know old version, but pre-Cinavia) - Popup that says "Checking for updates", then returns to main TMT menu with drive options and won't play.
TMT 6.0.1.119 and 6.5.1.150 - Popup that says "Checking for updates", then returns to main TMT menu with drive options and won't play.

With AnyDVD running, no update check popup, just goes to frozen black screen on both TMT 5 and 6.

Attached is the 7.4.2.2 log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.2.2_Info_J_ENDERS_GAME.ziplog
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I can confirm when playing the original disc using PowerDVD 10 it works. When I rip the image to disc and try to playback using PowerDVD 10 the movie just sits there on a black screen.

I am playing the movie on tmt6 as I am typing this message with anydvd 7.4.2.2 not running with no problems so their is a problem in anydvd at present. my disc is region 1 and after anydvd previews the dics it lists 0815 as the mpls. so summit as has come with a new protection. also after ripping to hd the file is 44gb plus the disc is only 23gb all told.

Could you both post an AnyDVD logfile, so Slysoft can look into fixing this issue.

Back