• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could still market this to XP users, just put a "*only available on Vista or Windows 7*" next to the DVVA2 support in the feature list.

maybe you could make post1 of this thread have a bulleted list of feature requests and confirmed features.

Finally i wont have to put up with that moovielive crap thing bugging me in powerdvd8/9 :)

Properly applied, I guess it should also set (for instance) DD 5.1 EX streams to be decoded in EX and output fully decoded in 7.1, though James should know more how SlyPlayer would behave in that scenario of course.
DD 5.1 EX streams (or other 6.1 sources) might indeed be a problem, as 6.1 LPCM didn't work with ATI HDMI. It might work with other hardware, but I doubt it, 'cause Windows doesn't offer a 6.1 speaker setup.

you could still market this to XP users, just put a "*only available on Vista or Windows 7*" next to the DVVA2 support in the feature list.
As I already said, XP will have CPU decoding.

DD 5.1 EX streams (or other 6.1 sources) might indeed be a problem, as 6.1 LPCM didn't work with ATI HDMI. It might work with other hardware, but I doubt it, 'cause Windows doesn't offer a 6.1 speaker setup.

Wouldn't it be relatively trivial to just output those at 7.1 with rears duplicated? I think that's the EX spec anyway, and I don't think anyone would mind not getting 6.1 discrete with DTS-ES, instead getting pseudo 7.1 with rears duplicated.

Wouldn't it be relatively trivial to just output those at 7.1 with rears duplicated? I think that's the EX spec anyway, and I don't think anyone would mind not getting 6.1 discrete with DTS-ES, instead getting pseudo 7.1 with rears duplicated.
Sure. ReClock already does this. ;)

EDIT:
But some people will complain, that the 6.1 track is indicated as 7.1 in the receiver's display

Last edited:
All those "6.1" formats can be bistreamed through S/PDIF or HDMI currently, so not really a big deal.

I didn't see it, so I'll ask if HDDVD playback would be included? Thanks

I didn't see it, so I'll ask if HDDVD playback would be included? Thanks

Not completely decided yet. Playback of the movie, sure. But we're probably unwilling to painfully implement iHD (or was it called HDi?) for menus on a dead format. But never say never... if the Chinese HD-DVD clone kicks off...

Not completely decided yet. Playback of the movie, sure. But we're probably unwilling to painfully implement iHD (or was it called HDi?) for menus on a dead format. But never say never... if the Chinese HD-DVD clone kicks off...

I had hoped HD-DVD would be supported. :( Ah well...

I don't share those concerns, either. Bit exact LPCM is more than adequate. I still don't get why people can't figure out that DTS-HD MA and TrueHD *MUST* be decoded into...wait for it...dramatic pause....LPCM at some point in the process. What exactly do we all think DTS-HD MA and TrueHD ARE? They're compressed LPCM tracks. HDMI has the bandwidth to handle LPCM in all its glory. The only reason to use bitstreaming is if you don't trust the player to do the decoding. I'm quite sure you guys will "get it right". ;) So the whole point is moot anyway.

But yes, if it's easy to get it working, bitstreaming will be a big selling point to the "pretty lights" crowd. :D
For those interested, a paper about the impact of jitter:
http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/ast/26/1/50/_pdf

The conclusion seems to be, that jitter is a non-issue:
The threshold values seem to be sufficiently
larger than the jitter actually observed in various consumer
products.

SamuriHL said:
All of these issues lead me to believe that maybe Webbie isn't wrong.

Dear Diary,

Today SamuriHL said I might not be wrong.

Yay! I think I will mark this day down on my calendar.

:D

Anyway, it's good to see that Slysoft will be picking up the slack. Words fails to describe how much I am not impressed by Powerdvd 9 . . .

Last edited:

Playback is perfect. I haven't used these supplements on either format on the pc. Thanks

Dear Diary,

Today SamuriHL said I might not be wrong.

Yay!

Anyway, it's good to see that Slysoft will be picking up the slack. Words fails to describe how much I am not impressed by Powerdvd 9 . . .

Dear Diary,

How much did I have to drink today? WOA. Really need to lay off the rum punch!! I think I told Webbie he may not be wrong. If that's not a sign I don't know what is!

But yea, the current state of the player software is maddening at best. TMT 129 + reclock + Cat 8.12 seems to be the best combination for now. But that's not great.

Movie playback *is* (erm, will be) supported. Just no menus.

Playback is fine. However, some kind of navigation would be appreciated as I have season 1 of Heroes and being able to select the episode would be nice.

Playback is fine. However, some kind of navigation would be appreciated as I have season 1 of Heroes and being able to select the episode would be nice.
Episodic discs will be a little more painful, but SlyPlayer will list all titles for you to pick (similar to CloneDVD's title selection). You'll find the episodes, but probably won't know which is which. I know HD DVDs can have descriptive chapter infos, not sure about title infos.

Episodic discs will be a little more painful, but SlyPlayer will list all titles for you to pick (similar to CloneDVD's title selection). You'll find the episodes, but probably won't know which is which. I know HD DVDs can have descriptive chapter infos, not sure about title infos.

That'll work. As long as I can select them it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back