• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. If you just want undownconverted LPCM right now then start ripping your discs to lossless FLAC and buy a cheap ATI 4XXX series card.
Or use an older TMT version together with ReClock (WASAPI).

Which version of TMT do you recomend and where can I get it.

Will you be making it compatable with My Movies if Brian talks nice to you??

Looking forward to the new player staryted saving already.

Jon.

VMC (Vista Media Center), By that time SlyPlayer gets release, i would prefer Windows 7 Compatibility

SlyPlayer will preferably run on Server 2008 R2. Enterprise Edition. ;)

Which version of TMT do you recomend and where can I get it.

Will you be making it compatable with My Movies if Brian talks nice to you??

Looking forward to the new player staryted saving already.

Jon.

I'm assuming he's thinking build 126. Getting it is more of an issue. This is why I save all the installers for the old releases.

hi!

Great that James pointed out so many advantages of the SlyPlayer.

but what I really need then, is a DVD Upscaling Feature, as I think this is mandatory for the home theater enthusiast, which still has more than 500 DVDs around, but doesn't want to rebuy them all as BDs.

So have a look at that, and this is why I love the new PowerDVD 9. Only because of that features. I still watch my BDs with WinDVD.
Code:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/movie-playback/powerdvd/truetheater-dvd.html

So my idea is:
SlyTheater™ HD
SlyTheater™ Motion
SlyTheater™ Stretch
SlyTheater™ Lighting
SlyTheater™ Surround

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Btw: What also would be great is the playability of normal files, like vlc media player does?

That "theater" feature is a big fat fake. They just use a surface enhancement of DirectX 10 which is used in some games to optimize extreme-compressed textures. You can't revert entropy.

I'm assuming he's thinking build 126. Getting it is more of an issue. This is why I save all the installers for the old releases.
No, build .126 downsamples. AFAIK .125 was last one which doesn't. I use it, but some people have problems with .125. This is discussed somewhere in the ReClock forum.

hi!

Great that James pointed out so many advantages of the SlyPlayer.

but what I really need then, is a DVD Upscaling Feature, as I think this is mandatory for the home theater enthusiast, which still has more than 500 DVDs around, but doesn't want to rebuy them all as BDs.

So have a look at that, and this is why I love the new PowerDVD 9. Only because of that features. I still watch my BDs with WinDVD.
Code:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/movie-playback/powerdvd/truetheater-dvd.html
Bla. You can use the resize option of ffdshow with any nice player frontend, e.g. ZoomPlayer or MPC (I prefer ZoomPlayer, because of DVD navigation issues). Others might work, too. Use it with ReClock for DVD heaven.

This all sounds awesome, James. If you throw in integration with Windows Media Center and My Movies, you have got a sale. Full integration in WMC (replacing Windows Media Player completely as the internal player) would be even better. ;)

No, build .126 downsamples. AFAIK .125 was last one which doesn't. I use it, but some people have problems with .125. This is discussed somewhere in the ReClock forum.

Ah, my mistake. Now I remember, 126 was the last "stable" version of TMT that "most" people didn't have issues with. That's what it was. 125 was problematic, yes. I'll have to live with downsampling for now. As it is, I'm impatiently waiting for build 130 to fix the damn catalyst problems. I know it's not arcsoft's fault but it sucks having to wait 4 months for a fix and to be stuck with old drivers.

I don't know why people are still sticking so much to HD-DVD playback capabilities.
30 % of the complaints regarding the ASUS Xonar bundled version of TMT are revolving around missing bitstreaming with HD-DVD playback.

HD-DVD is dead and over, if you have still some discs, how often do you really need them any more?

I too have still some HD-DVD's flying around but I only watch one of them from time to time, its Batman Begins.

Um, I have over 30 HD DVD's. Trust me, I watch them a lot.

I totally agree here, SamuriHL. While I don't have a huge library of HD-DVDs and BDs, I do have about an even number of each. The goal, in my book, is to be able to dump requiring needing a separate player just to watch my HD-DVDs. If SlyPlayer handled everything then we'd be freed from the shackles of PowerDVD7 which will likely not receive more updates, WinDVD which many hate, and TMT which many people cannot even get to run.

Getting HD-DVD to work at least to watch the movie without menu support would be a huge bonus for everyone and a very big additional incentive to switch to SlyPlayer.

Last edited:
Bit off topic.

I have had reasonable success converting all my HDDVDs, accept for Transformers to a single m2ts file with no subs for playing with a Popcorn Hour and other similar Syabas firmware based players.

Slightly more expensive than just the PDVD, but minus the cost of a pc as a player. So overall not bad. Storage cost is a minus when moving up to a NAS, but I like playing movies to multiple players throughout the house at any given time and don't want a pc in every room. How about SlyStreamingServer for a future product?

I totally agree here, SamuriHL. While I don't have a huge library of HD-DVDs and BDs, I do have about an even number of each. The goal, in my book, is to be able to dump requiring needing a separate player just to watch my HD-DVDs. If SlyPlayer handled everything then we'd be freed from the shackles of PowerDVD7 which will likely not receive more updates, WinDVD which many hate, and TMT which many people cannot even get to run.

If getting HD-DVD to work at least to watch the movie without menu support would be a huge bonus for everyone and a very big additional incentive to switch to SlyPlayer.

I have to agree. Something I've recently read on arcsoft's forum about HD DVD support concrens me. They don't see it as high priority since it's a dead format. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed support for it at some point in the future. That's not their plan as far as I know but it wouldn't surprise me. So, having a stable player with unmolested sound with HD DVD support would rock.

They will stop support for older blu-rays too. That's the beauty of that format.

Are you saying (I hope) that the only thing I'm going to need, is what I already have, ATI-4670, to hear True HD?

Are you saying there is an “ArcSoft”(As opposed to a ASUS version) version of TMT that does not downsample? How can you verify that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back