• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Leatherheads Region 1 Problem => use AnyDVD 6.4.7.3 beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating

This is a case of expecting something to happen according to a predictable plan and the player software disregards this and goes somewhere else. This scenario is potentially possible on any DVD and on this particular one was more likely to happen all the time and not randomly.

Programmers are aware of this now and are dealing with it for a fix.

Thanks for the info 8)

Leatherheads Region 1 problem

I am also having a problem with this movie. I have copied the text from my anydvd status window.
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.9)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PS08 2005/12/23 20:41
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: LEATHERHEADS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed fluxDVD protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

There are no other programs running when I try to encode this movie. It wont even analyze it. The error just says shrink has encountered a problem and cant continue. Failure to read E:\

I have also tried backing this up under Defab 4 and it cant do it either. It just gives me the cant find info window.

Help!

Kat:bang:

I'm using the VERY latest AnyDVD available for download, version 6469, and I DID restart the computer after installing. I'm trying to just rip to the hard drive, but at 18% every time I get this error message:
"vobset 9 21 1 31115 31148 31115"

I didn't see a place to grab a log file when it aborts.

I'm using the VERY latest AnyDVD available for download, version 6469, and I DID restart the computer after installing. I'm trying to just rip to the hard drive, but at 18% every time I get this error message:
"vobset 9 21 1 31115 31148 31115"

I didn't see a place to grab a log file when it aborts.

Use Anydvd 6.4.7.0

Leatherheads Problem

Frank,

I tried the thread you gave me and updated my any dvd....Still did not work. Same problem. I have copied my status screen.
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.7.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PS08 2005/12/23 20:41
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
:(

Leatherheads region 1 US

For the record, I did not have a problem backing Leatherheads up using AnyDVD ver. 6.4.6.9 and CloneDVD2 ver. 2.9.1.9. The issue I had was the playback issue. Tried AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 to see if it will resolve it. It didn't, Preserve Menus in CloneDVD2 did the trick. It's a "workaround" till a fix for AnyDVD is released.
I have Total Faith in the Slysoft Team on this. They'll fix it & quick! :rock:

This is a case of expecting something to happen according to a predictable plan and the player software disregards this and goes somewhere else. This scenario is potentially possible on any DVD and on this particular one was more likely to happen all the time and not randomly.

All that quote needs is "Confutious Say:" in front of it.... :D :D

-W

Last edited:
Leatherheads region 1 US issue

Confucious said:
If it can be screwed up by the DVD makers, it will be!
:agree:

I say" Slysoft can & will fix this!" They always have and always will!:rock:

Leatherheads wont copy on version anydvd 6.4.6.9

Stops at this point and comes up with Vobset 9 27 1 31115 31148 31115
Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
I think that was what the person before me was trying to say...when I try the old style DVDFab it comes up with region error...?

Stops at this point and comes up with Vobset 9 27 1 31115 31148 31115
Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
I think that was what the person before me was trying to say...when I try the old style DVDFab it comes up with region error...?

Use Anydvd 6.4.7.0

Read the thread that you're posting in.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.7.0 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6470.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.9: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2919.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

I think I'll wait

I think I will wait for Slysoft to provide a fix. There are things about DVDFab I don't like. Just me. I prefer to stick with Slysoft.

I think I will wait for Slysoft to provide a fix. There are things about DVDFab I don't like. Just me. I prefer to stick with Slysoft.

There's no difference anyway. Both rips with both programs produce the exact same issue with Dvd Shrink. And there are no .vob errors when using Anydvd 6.4.7.0

There's no difference anyway. Both rips with both programs produce the exact same issue with Dvd Shrink. And there are no .vob errors when using Anydvd 6.4.7.0

Umm... are you just trying to egg me on because of the other thread - or do you really think this issue is "about" DVDShrink in some way?? <sigh>

-W

Last edited:
Umm... are you just trying to egg me on because of the other thread - or do you really think this issue is "about" DVDShrink in some way?? <sigh>

-W

A post that was removed from this thread promoted DVDFab which is against forum guidelines. Bunnyrip2 replied to it. Webslinger replied to Bunnyrip2 and what he said is true. This has nothing to do with the other thread. You're turning this into something that it isn't.

Let's move on now. :)

-W

You're getting torked up over nothing. I'm saying the rips from both decrypters won't work properly with dvdshrink, so someone coming into this thread and promoting dvdfab (much less linking directly to that site in his or her first post, which I consider to be shill behaviour . . . and also breaks forum rules) is rather pointless since both Anydvd 6.4.7.0 and fab produce similar results with respect to this disc.

Last edited:
Not wanting to debate other programs..... Any idea when an update to fix the movie issue will forthcoming???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back