• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Youtube via URL

Bill7

I didn't see it asked anywhere, and haven't seen a way to do it within AnyStream (if there is, let me know), but would it be possible to add a second field/box to the YouTube downloader for direct URL (in addition to the search box)? I know there are a variety of other tools out there to grab from YouTube but figured within AS would be convenient since the capability is already there. This would be for directly grabbing via link (youtube/watch?v=123ABC) rather than trying to search for a video by name. Just a suggestion. Thanks!

Hi, Bill7...

If I correctly understand what you're asking, you can already do this by pasting the YouTube URL in the Search box.

That should pull up your specific clip.

1699535792992.png

T

Yeah, that's the idea - but when I tried doing that, it didn't work ... let me give it another go.

Yeah, it doesn't work for me. Is the link you pasted in there correct for that video displaying? I just went to Youtube now to grab some random video.. this is supposed to be some sort of dog/puppy something or other but when I paste the URL into AS (youtube/watch?v=IJArDdzqoLs) I just get a bunch of seemingly random results

1699536023669.png

Yes it grabbed the right video.

As I think back there were a couple of times it didn't find the video, but that's not the norm.

Also if it's a video you have to sign in to watch, I don't believe AS will grab it.

Try a different video -- and paste your link here, let me give it a try.

T

Ah! Nevermind! It must have been an issue in the 1.6.7.1 Beta! I just upgraded to 1.6.8.0 and it's working now :) ...figures, something I never tried until having that beta installed. Thanks a lot!!

1699536368124.png

Back