• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Xbox One - Wont Play any Backed up BD Movies - Error 0x91d70000

Rodster

Hi all

I have BD Copies of movies I have purchased and they all play fine on all my other devices, however on the new Xbox One its a completely different story. An error is shown on every backup disc which works perfectly on any other BD hardware - "We are having trouble reading this. Make sure this is a Blu-Ray or DVD. If it's a game, launch it from your game apps instead. (0x91d70000). Now even if I take the console offline and put the backup in, the same error. Yet, when I put the original BD disc in, no issues.

Can anyone explain this for me? Is this an issue Slysoft can fix?

Hi all

I have BD Copies of movies I have purchased and they all play fine on all my other devices, however on the new Xbox One its a completely different story. An error is shown on every backup disc which works perfectly on any other BD hardware - "We are having trouble reading this. Make sure this is a Blu-Ray or DVD. If it's a game, launch it from your game apps instead. (0x91d70000). Now even if I take the console offline and put the backup in, the same error. Yet, when I put the original BD disc in, no issues.

Probably the cinavia is kicking in. So what version of AnyDVD HD did you use to make this backup?

Hi all

It may be that the new Xbox is having trouble reading the dye on the burned Blu-rays, what brand are you using ? _ maybe check for a firmware update.

Are the discs clean, some lasers are fussier then others ?

Not an AnyDVD HD problem though, it just decrypts.

Last edited:
Probably the cinavia is kicking in. So what version of AnyDVD HD did you use to make this backup?

You have failed to understand Cinavia. You've been here for four years and have over 1,300 posts. You should know better.

Just saying.

Hi all

Can the XBOX One even play BD-R discs? Please consult your manual or ask Microsoft.

It may be that the new Xbox is having trouble reading the dye on the burned Blu-rays, what brand are you using ? _ maybe check for a firmware update.

Are the discs clean, some lasers are fussier then others ?

Not an AnyDVD HD problem though, it just decrypts.

Im using the same brand of discs which work perfectly on my Laptop with BD and standalone Sony BD - Verbatim BD DL - Made in Singapore - and none of them have any scratches or marks as I put them back in the cases as original.

Not relevant to mine, as the issue is it won't play the backup of the original copy, but it will play the original BD fine no issues. Plus my drive is dead quiet - no noises. Sounds like it detects / checks for something which I am not aware of. I even took the console offline, still same issue on the backup discs, which again work fine with everything else.

Can the XBOX One even play BD-R discs? Please consult your manual or ask Microsoft.

Yes it can James, just like every other BD drive on the planet. BD-ROM drives naturally read BD discs. My backups are all dual layer 50GB, not 25Gb and I used Verbatim BD DL Made in Singapore. For the fact all the originals play, but few of the backups do which work on every other BD drive, indicates to me its doing some time of authentication check. Even when I take the system offline, no difference. For the fact the originals work no issues, indicates its not the drive, its some system check with another obscure code.

I would not call Microsoft asking why I cant play a copied BD disc, thats going to open a can of worms.

Yes it can James, just like every other BD drive on the planet. BD-ROM drives naturally read BD discs. My backups are all dual layer 50GB, not 25Gb and I used Verbatim BD DL Made in Singapore. For the fact all the originals play, but few of the backups do which work on every other BD drive, indicates to me its doing some time of authentication check. Even when I take the system offline, no difference. For the fact the originals work no issues, indicates its not the drive, its some system check with another obscure code.
Does the documentation say, that the device is capable to play BD-R discs?
Maybe Microsoft decided to block reading of any content from BD-R booktyped media?

I would not call Microsoft asking why I cant play a copied BD disc, thats going to open a can of worms.
Why not? They really should know, shouldn't they?

Maybe Microsoft decided to block reading of any content from BD-R booktyped media?

If thats the case why do the original BD movies work fine? All BD drives, especially BD-ROM read BD discs - its a basic requirement as far as I know. It plays originals fine but will not play any backup copy at all. Maybe it checks for AACS or other system and if it doesn't exist it won't work?

And admit Im playing backup copies of BD movies? I don't think that will go down too well.

If thats the case why do the original BD movies work fine? All BD drives, especially BD-ROM read BD discs - its a basic requirement as far as I know. It plays originals fine but will not play any backup copy at all. Maybe it checks for AACS or other system and if it doesn't exist it won't work?

And admit Im playing backup copies of BD movies? I don't think that will go down too well.

If thats the case why do the original BD movies work fine? All BD drives, especially BD-ROM read BD discs - its a basic requirement as far as I know.
It plays originals fine but will not play any backup copy at all. Maybe it checks for AACS or other system and if it doesn't exist it won't work?

And admit Im playing backup copies of BD movies? I don't think that will go down too well.[/QUOTE]

Correct, but self burnt backups arent bd-roms, they are BD-R's and afaik playback of those is NOT a requirement. About aacs, irrelevant. A drive doesn't check for decryption, the playback software does.

It plays originals fine but will not play any backup copy at all. Maybe it checks for AACS or other system and if it doesn't exist it won't work? And admit Im playing backup copies of BD movies? I don't think that will go down too well.

Correct, but self burnt backups arent bd-roms, they are BD-R's and afaik playback of those is NOT a requirement. About aacs, irrelevant. A drive doesn't check for decryption, the playback software does.[/QUOTE]

Here's a large pic of the drive inside the XBO - http://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/R5EZNIhvy3K4ymIh - clearly states BD-ROM, but MS decided not to include an system specifications for the hardware at all (not even a note about playback restrictions) - raises a few questions. These backups are done form the original BD discs - all 50GB, no compression and all playback restrictions removed with AnyDVD HD (and burnt to the disc) , so why would the backup which is an identical copy not play, but the original (which its based off) would? i use AnyDVD to break the encryption, and the movie folder with contents is copied to my system, then burnt directly to BD to create an exact replica of the original BD disc.

Wouldn't the backup copy be a replica of the original disc? Bare in mind the XBO requires the user to download and install their Blu-Ray playback software for free, as it's not preinstalled - maybe this software holds the key - literally? How could they put a restriction on BD-R's while allowing playback from the original which the copy is based on?

These backups are done form the original BD discs - all 50GB, no compression and all playback restrictions removed with AnyDVD HD (and burnt to the disc) ,

Wouldn't the backup copy be a replica of the original disc?

No.

Just because a bdr is booktyped bdrom doesn't make it one. Is still a bd-r. The booktype just make the drive think the disc is a pressed one instead of a burnt one. It doesn't change the fact that it still is a burnt one. The bdrom on that image applies to the drive that it is a BluRay Read Only Memory drive. That's what the abbreviation stands for. It can only read discs not burn them. It has no effect or apply to the booktype of a disc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Back