• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Windows RDC not working after AnyStream Plus activation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please wait for Ivan, I think this is an issue with your remote desktop. Why don't you uninstall the remote desktop reboot and reinstall it? I am not familiar with remote desktops. I have no idea why it happened but it had nothing to do with the program.

I am able to log into the sever using RDC with the IP address but not the host name since the host name got assigned to 0.0.0.0. Why did this happen after activating the software and how do I fix it?

Possible Reasons:​

1. Network Service Initialization: Upon reboot, network services might not have initialized correctly, leading to an erroneous DNS assignment. This could be a one-time glitch or a symptom of underlying configuration issues.
  2. DHCP Lease Issues: If your server obtains its IP address via DHCP, there might have been an issue renewing the DHCP lease, causing an incorrect DNS entry. This is more common in environments where the DHCP server is not properly synchronizing with DNS services.
  3. Hosts File Configuration: The local hosts file on the server might have been modified, incorrectly mapping the hostname to 0.0.0.0. This file can override DNS settings for the machine it's on.
  4. System Updates or Configuration Changes: If there were pending system updates or configuration changes that took effect upon reboot, these could have inadvertently affected network settings.
  5. Network Adapter Issues: Problems with the network adapter or its drivers might cause incorrect network settings upon restart.

Solutions:​

1. Manual DNS Configuration: Manually set the DNS entry for your server's hostname to the correct IP address either in your router's DNS settings or your server's network configuration.
  2. Static IP Assignment: Assign a static IP address to your server to prevent DHCP-related issues and ensure that the DNS entry remains consistent.
  3. Check and Edit the Hosts File: On your server, locate the hosts file (e.g., in Windows, it's usually in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) and make sure there's no entry mapping your hostname to 0.0.0.0. If there is, remove it or correct it.
  4. Review Recent Changes: Think back to any recent changes made to the system before the reboot, including updates or configuration adjustments, and consider rolling them back to see if that resolves the issue.
  5. Network Adapter and Drivers: Check the status of your network adapter in the Device Manager (on Windows) and ensure that the drivers are up to date. If there are issues, consider reinstalling the network adapter drivers.
  6. Restart Network Services: Sometimes, simply restarting network-related services can resolve such issues. On Windows, this can involve restarting services like DHCP Client, DNS Client, and TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back