• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Windows RDC not working after AnyStream Plus activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezonator

Hey so I had anystream on my media server and was using the trial version and it was great so I decided to upgrade to plus but when I activated the license key I am now unable to connect to my server through RDC. Is this is known issue or is there a setting I have to change? I am still able to log into it using chrome's remote desktop but it will not work with the windows one anymore. Thanks!

Yes, I downloaded it and put it on my desktop and then double clicked it

Was the program closed when you double-clicked on it.

No, it closed after activating it though and reopened and shows it was AnyStream Plus

Remote desktop, just put it on your regular desktop.

So I need to know what the program did to my computer's network settings that I can't use RDC anymore

I am unsure about my specific firewall settings but I haven't changed anything. It was working perfectly and then I activated the key and it no longer is able to connect, I did not change any other settings.

That is strange that the RDC = Remote Desktop Connection, no longer works.

Do you have any Firewall or Security software on that server?
I pmed Ivan tectpro, but I know you can help him. ;)

Just to clarify, I activated the key on my media server and I cannot use RDC on my main computer to log into my media server anymore

Just to clarify, I activated the key on my media server and I cannot use RDC on my main computer to log into my media server anymore
My suggestion is to check both machines firewall and security settings, if there has been any change.

Also, what is the error message when you try to connect?

What am I looking for specifically in the firewall? Also to establish the timeline further. I activated the key and in the email I was sent it said to restart the computer and upon restart is when RDC stopped working and I had to log in with Chrome Remote Desktop

I see on my server that Remote Desktop is allowed so its not that

Yes I actually just logged onto my router's DNS settings and it seemed to have set the IP address to 0.0.0.0

I am able to log into the sever using RDC with the IP address but not the host name since the host name got assigned to 0.0.0.0. Why did this happen after activating the software and how do I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back