• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 Build 1607 Driver Signing

Android_808

It has been noted on several sites that MS are now going to be enforcing the previously stated requirement of sending them kernel mode drivers to be signed.

It doesn't affect anything on installations upgrading to the new build to stop existing setups from working but will on clean installs of build 1607 onwards. If signed by a valid cross-signing certificate issued prior to July 29th, 2015, drivers will continue to pass signing checks. Boot drivers are not blocked but may be in future versions. If you turn off secure boot you can still use unsigned drivers.

Is this going to cause issues in anyway for Redfox/Elby products?

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/wi...r-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/

well so far i tried TWICE to install that damn update. Twice it failed after the 2nd reboot at 75% "SYSTEM_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and a QR code that's of no help at all. Some research into the problem suggests it may be my AV that's causing the problem (Avast, first time they cause an issue, but then again this isn't your average windows update) and they're aware of it.

I manually checked for updates in Settings and it started downloading that 1607 update. My, it is a big pig of an update.

Mine downloaded something, probably a loader program, took 3 minutes, loaded in 20 seconds, then is loading 1%/5 minutes. At 2 % now, waited this long just to see if it would make a bigger jump. No such luck.

Now at 3%, wonder if I will be doing any gaming tonight?

I love build 1607, it fixed my Skype issue. It wouldn't shut down with my computer, now it will, its very stable and an easy installation.

Mine took about 30 minutes start to finish.
Mine took over 5 hours to download, and is still installing (around 24%) after about an hour.

It is interesting that this BIG update happened after the free upgrade offer expired.

Nothing interesting about it, it has been all over the net that the 'anniversary update' sound have been posted between August 2nd and August 9th. It's a 3gb dl.

Mine took about 30 minutes start to finish.
Just finished, 15 min ago. First 2/3 took 4 hours because of slow download, about 123 mb/s, stopped for a while, then started again at 2.3 MB/s. Then the actual install took about your time.

Well, once i figured out avast was the issue and they were aware of it (issued an emergency update, seems a driver related to virtualisation was the problem) the upgrade went fine. Back up and running in about 30 min's. Going to bed now & see if it's still up and running in a couple hours :)

I'm finally getting the update. I had to go to settings, and set my PC to accept any other Microsoft updates.

It'll take awhile, but at least I'll be up to date.

I'm finally getting the update. I had to go to settings, and set my PC to accept any other Microsoft updates.

It'll take awhile, but at least I'll be up to date.
Fair warning, several of your user-set privacy settings will be reset to let Windows broadcast, the Cortana settings primarily it seems.

1607 changed my view settings in File Explorer. ARGH!

I had several apps pinned to the start menu tile layout area and the update removed them. They were still installed, but they just disappeared from the tile layout area.

Fair warning, several of your user-set privacy settings will be reset to let Windows broadcast, the Cortana settings primarily it seems.

1607 changed my view settings in File Explorer. ARGH!

I had several apps pinned to the start menu tile layout area and the update removed them. They were still installed, but they just disappeared from the tile layout area.
I'm glad you told me that.

So, that means I'll have to do some personal settings adjustment for my PC later on. By the way, all the updates did was just update certain Microsoft Office software that I own, such as Office 2010 and 2016. I still have the earlier build of Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, not the latest one.

Don't know why that is for my system. It could be due to the settings I put my PC with when I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro back during the middle of June.

It's still up :) oh and after upgrading I just reran shutup10 and everything back to normal

Now I see why I couldn't update to the latest version of Windows 10.

I've attached a picture of what my settings for my PC are currently set at.

Question: I assume if I uncheck the "Defer upgrades" that I'll get the latest version of Windows 10. Correct, Ch3vr0n?

Attachments

• 2016-08-05_10-10-51.jpg
    2016-08-05_10-10-51.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 15
Correct, by enabling that setting your effectively telling Windows only to do the normal updates and not major feature ones like the anniversary update. The 'learn more' link will explain in more detail. If after disabling that setting windows update still doesn't find it, just google 'win 10 anniversary update download'. You can then download a 5mb file and force the update.

Back