• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 Build 1607 Driver Signing

I grabbed the media creation tool and got it to overwrite my old Win 10 USB pen and upgraded from that instead. That way I've already got an install pen ready if I need to wipe the system without having to download it twice.

Correct, by enabling that setting your effectively telling Windows only to do the normal updates and not major feature ones like the anniversary update. The 'learn more' link will explain in more detail. If after disabling that setting windows update still doesn't find it, just google 'win 10 anniversary update download'. You can then download a 5mb file and force the update.
That is how I finally got the 1607 upgrade to work, it failed using the standard Windows update.

I'm glad you told me that.
Going BACKWARDS in functionality is not my idea of a good update. Overall the 1607 update make things run better, it is the minor details that change something I don't want changed that irks me.

So, that means I'll have to do some personal settings adjustment for my PC later on. By the way, all the updates did was just update certain Microsoft Office software that I own, such as Office 2010 and 2016. I still have the earlier build of Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, not the latest one.

Don't know why that is for my system. It could be due to the settings I put my PC with when I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro back during the middle of June.
Just as when you upgraded back in June installing this 1607 update has the ability to rollback to 1511. Having that eats up over 4GB of HD space, at least that is how big all the rollback files/folders were on my x64 Home edition.

I grabbed the media creation tool and got it to overwrite my old Win 10 USB pen and upgraded from that instead. That way I've already got an install pen ready if I need to wipe the system without having to download it twice.
People can get the "force the 1607 upgrade" file and the media creation tool here if they want.

Windows 10 - microsoft.com

I did use the "force the upgrade" file, will likely download the ISOs for x86 and x64 for the reason you mentioned, Adbear. :)

That is a great idea bear. You always have little nuggets like this. And you don't mind to share them with us. Thank you.

Now if only people would actually listen when they ask for help or post an issue here.

Thanks, Adbear, and FurryGuy, for the media creation tool!!

I finally got around to using it, and it updated my Win 10 Pro 64 bit to the latest version, which is 1607 (as of today, Saturday, August 6, 2016.) Anyone reading this after Microsoft eventually updates the Operating System (OS) again will realize that what I'm discussing is obsolete.

Attachments

• 2016-08-06_15-36-55.jpg
    2016-08-06_15-36-55.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 10
I downloaded the 5mb file and 40min later back up. No media creation tool needed.

I downloaded the 5mb file and 40min later back up. No media creation tool needed.
I tried that method, but for some reason, I couldn't get my system to upgrade.

Oh well. At least I did manage to get it done.

I think you missed the point. The point of using the Media creation tool was to update my Win 10 USB install pen for future use, that way I only downloaded the updated version once instead of downloading it for each system I have at home and work. Once updated I just took that pen to each machine in turn and updated saving me having to wait for the download on each machine and using excessive bandwidth. It also means I have the updated pen ready for doing a clean install when I want too.

i know how it works, thats how i clean installed it on this new rig, hell of a lot faster than optical drive :)

Which is why it was shared to begin with (Helpful Posts appreciated). As I myself didn't know that you could even do that. And for people with multiple machines it is a very ideal. Especially if you have bandwidth limitations with your ISP provider.
So thanks Adbear.

Back