• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Will we be notified when Netflix DRM issue is resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregreen

When it was apparent my AS stopped working (playlist error message) with Netflix Feb 24, 2024, I cancelled my subscription renewal. Will a notification that the DRM issue has been resolved be made? Waiting for an update before I restart my subscription as I don't want to spend money if it won't work for me. West coast in USA...
Thanks in advance...

The warning in red at the top of the forum will go away.

But I doubt they will send out emails, text messages or paper letters to alert anyone. :cool:

AS still works with every movie on Netflix, only it's in a lower resolution. Its SD . No errors. Just SD resolution 540p. DRM on Amazon and Peacock and Hulu and Paramount+ and MAX, all others fixed.

Also, every time they post an updated version, they list the patch notes. Just read those.

What interesting is to me personally, other downloaders (****grab) does still support 1080p they did not have had to update anything. Just interesting to me technically why its different.
Then they are screen recording or re-encoding. No one has done it yet with a pure download. We support 1080p on everything but Netflix and Disney. You don't have to worry about the name. Flixgrab is a screen recorder.

We all hope that the RedFox team will succeed in making 1080p work again on netflix (and all prayers will go in that way), but its not a simple work.... seems to be a hard work....so we have to wait.... :D
And i will open a bottle of Prosecco when they succeed..... as a virutal toast ^_^

Then they are screen recording or re-encoding. No one has done it yet with a pure download. We support 1080p on everything but Netflix and Disney. You don't have to worry about the name. Flixgrab is a screen recorder.

Is Disney something that also has the chance to at some point support 1080p? Sorry if this has been asked before.

I don't for sure know what developers need to do to make NF 1080p again, but, if it's some sort of search operation, would it make sense to distribute the work? I bet there are some AS customers who would be willing to "loan out" their PCs (download some sort of app) so many searches could be done in parallel. Just thinking out loud. Maybe this idea is not feasible, or has already been struck down. I've never seen it mentioned.

I +1 the idea in general, I like such things. But I would say it makes more work to make such an app instead of just doing it themselfes. Regardless if it would even work or not. They will most probably rather put the effort into AS directly.

Disney is quite good at 1280x720…. High definition for not too much space.
If that is not enough and you have an RTX20xx and above, try this

You got 1080p working on AppleTV+ !?

We all hope that the RedFox team will succeed in making 1080p work again on netflix (and all prayers will go in that way), but its not a simple work.... seems to be a hard work....so we have to wait.... :D
And i will open a bottle of Prosecco when they succeed..... as a virutal toast ^_^

Can't resist:

Prosecco is like "720p", whereas Champagne is "1080p". A bottle of Dom is UHD ;>)

I like Prosecco - no offense intended!

--

More and more Disney is coming out on UHD physical media. It seems the Mouse needs to keep that revenue stream until their streaming business starts to pay off. When I bought the Mandalorian on UHD physical media and loaded it up, it was amazing how much better the picture and audio were over streaming UHD from Disney+ (or Prime, or [insert streaming service here]. That is true with everything I've bought and continue to buy on UHD physical media vs streaming.

Thankfully Red Fox has a solid solution in AnyDVD for backing up to NAS storage as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back