Why is Netflix rips bitrate's so low?

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Jefaisdesmv, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Jefaisdesmv

Jefaisdesmv Member

Isn't it a web-dl?

Why is it that when I download a netflix show in 1080p @2500kbps with a 5.1ch AAC LC SBR @ 192 kb/s
    When the real Web-dl is like @6000kbps with a 5.1ch E-AC-3 @640 kb/s?

Can't Anystream rip it the way it rips Amazon Prime content?

2. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

This problem is being investigated at this very moment. A fix would be released with the nearest update (if possible).

However, take into account that AnyStream is only able to grab what Netflix is able to give.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Aeneas72 likes this.
  3. Netgear007

Netgear007 Member

any info on when new update is going to be released on near days/

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

When it's ready

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Aeneas72 likes this.
  5. Prospere

Most likely today, but then again - we cannot take more than Netflix has to offer.

6. libris

libris Member

Do you planning to make possible to download CBR Amazon streams with new update?

7. Prospere

Not yet

8. WiseMan

WiseMan Active Member

Withe v1.0.1.1 I'm still not getting best 1080p bitrate (main profile) and still audio is limited to 192kbps aac - guess the fix is postponed till next update?

9. libris

libris Member

Because the all private widevine decryption tools using Chrome, Netflix started to deliver low res streams for Chrome users.

10. Ch3vr0n

Who says redfox is using any of those? They develop a decryption tool like anydvd remember. I doubt they need to use/rely on third party tools.

11. gx3541

gx3541 Member

it is based on Chromium 77

12. Ch3vr0n

And you base that assumption on what exactly? Do you have access to the source code? Do you work for redfox? The Amazon side is browser based yes, however Prospere said the Netflix side is 100% in-house development. I'll believe his word over yours, sorry

13. moxred

moxred New Member

Also waiting for this update. Was trying to figure out what's going on before checking the forum. I thought something wrong with my setup. Good to know its a known issue. Thanks!

14. amougusdecry

amougusdecry Member

The same thing happens to me, even if selecting the best available audio just downloads the AAC. The video file also only downloads the worst preset, even at higher resolutions.

15. Prospere

AnyStream can only download streams, which are offered by streaming provider. We do ask, but it's up to Netflix/Amazon what to provide us with.

Aeneas72 likes this.
  16. amougusdecry

amougusdecry Member

I think that if there was an option to choose the bit rate it would be much more interesting, because in several tests I have done so far, all files come with the lowest bit rate and audio in aac, although I am convinced that it has DD5 .1 in the original.

17. Chaewon

Chaewon Member

I'm very sorry but you are wrong. It is not Netflix's fault that your tool is unable to retrieve better quality versions. I have provide plenty of information in another thread (to which you never replied back btw) showing how another tool that has been in use for years is capable of retrieving the highest quality Netflix (and Amazon for that matter) has to offer so it's not Netflix but you (the coder) that has to know how to 'force' Netflix to give you the highest quality available.

I'm not here to argue with you, I just don't think it's fair for you to charge a Hefty price for a tool that promises high quality rips but fails to deliver on said promise.

I have big respect for the redfox family as a whole, specially with relation to AnyDVD as I have purchased multiple licenses over the years for me and my team because I know how great the software is, I just don't think AnyStream meets the standards I have come to know redfox for.

libris likes this.
  18. libris

libris Member

well said.

19. Ch3vr0n

What other tools do and how, is irrelevant. Then there's also the 'issue' if you FORCE things to get what isn't offered normally there's a bigger chance AnyStream will be detected and shut down. Nobody wants that. If AnyStream doesn't meet your demands, well what's stopping you from using that other tool?

20. windevine

windevine Member

your reasoning is just bad even without forcing anything your decryption method for Amazon and Netflix will be patched
    at a time just the logical continuation in the protection of the copyright .