• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why is Netflix rips bitrate's so low?

Jefaisdesmv

Isn't it a web-dl?

Why is it that when I download a netflix show in 1080p @2500kbps with a 5.1ch AAC LC SBR @ 192 kb/s
When the real Web-dl is like @6000kbps with a 5.1ch E-AC-3 @640 kb/s?

Can't Anystream rip it the way it rips Amazon Prime content?

This problem is being investigated at this very moment. A fix would be released with the nearest update (if possible).

However, take into account that AnyStream is only able to grab what Netflix is able to give.

Last edited:
Most likely today, but then again - we cannot take more than Netflix has to offer.

Withe v1.0.1.1 I'm still not getting best 1080p bitrate (main profile) and still audio is limited to 192kbps aac - guess the fix is postponed till next update?

Because the all private widevine decryption tools using Chrome, Netflix started to deliver low res streams for Chrome users.

Who says redfox is using any of those? They develop a decryption tool like anydvd remember. I doubt they need to use/rely on third party tools.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

And you base that assumption on what exactly? Do you have access to the source code? Do you work for redfox? The Amazon side is browser based yes, however Prospere said the Netflix side is 100% in-house development. I'll believe his word over yours, sorry

Also waiting for this update. Was trying to figure out what's going on before checking the forum. I thought something wrong with my setup. Good to know its a known issue. Thanks!

The same thing happens to me, even if selecting the best available audio just downloads the AAC. The video file also only downloads the worst preset, even at higher resolutions.

AnyStream can only download streams, which are offered by streaming provider. We do ask, but it's up to Netflix/Amazon what to provide us with.

I think that if there was an option to choose the bit rate it would be much more interesting, because in several tests I have done so far, all files come with the lowest bit rate and audio in aac, although I am convinced that it has DD5 .1 in the original.

AnyStream can only download streams, which are offered by streaming provider. We do ask, but it's up to Netflix/Amazon what to provide us with.

I'm very sorry but you are wrong. It is not Netflix's fault that your tool is unable to retrieve better quality versions. I have provide plenty of information in another thread (to which you never replied back btw) showing how another tool that has been in use for years is capable of retrieving the highest quality Netflix (and Amazon for that matter) has to offer so it's not Netflix but you (the coder) that has to know how to 'force' Netflix to give you the highest quality available.

I'm not here to argue with you, I just don't think it's fair for you to charge a Hefty price for a tool that promises high quality rips but fails to deliver on said promise.

I have big respect for the redfox family as a whole, specially with relation to AnyDVD as I have purchased multiple licenses over the years for me and my team because I know how great the software is, I just don't think AnyStream meets the standards I have come to know redfox for.

I'm very sorry but you are wrong. It is not Netflix's fault that your tool is unable to retrieve better quality versions. I have provide plenty of information in another thread (to which you never replied back btw) showing how another tool that has been in use for years is capable of retrieving the highest quality Netflix (and Amazon for that matter) has to offer so it's not Netflix but you (the coder) that has to know how to 'force' Netflix to give you the highest quality available.

I'm not here to argue with you, I just don't think it's fair for you to charge a Hefty price for a tool that promises high quality rips but fails to deliver on said promise.

I have big respect for the redfox family as a whole, specially with relation to AnyDVD as I have purchased multiple licenses over the years for me and my team because I know how great the software is, I just don't think AnyStream meets the standards I have come to know redfox for.
well said.

What other tools do and how, is irrelevant. Then there's also the 'issue' if you FORCE things to get what isn't offered normally there's a bigger chance AnyStream will be detected and shut down. Nobody wants that. If AnyStream doesn't meet your demands, well what's stopping you from using that other tool?

What other tools do and how, is irrelevant. Then there's also the 'issue' if you FORCE things to get what isn't offered normally there's a bigger chance AnyStream will be detected and shut down. Nobody wants that. If AnyStream doesn't meet your demands, well what's stopping you from using that other tool?

your reasoning is just bad even without forcing anything your decryption method for Amazon and Netflix will be patched
at a time just the logical continuation in the protection of the copyright .

Back