• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What to do with files from PS3 Blu Ray Backup

they're both BD+ so not surprised they don't work, also SLysoft don't officially support ripping iso images

Downgraded to PowerDVD 3319a and both ISOs now play fine... Was able to find it easily with google.

I'm using 3104 and see absolutely no reason to upgrade at this point. Hopefully Slysoft will get a true BD+ crack out sometime soon and then it won't matter what version we use, but, until then, stick with what works.

Ripped a few of my BDs with Umbuntu and having weird results. Dracula works fine with menu access etc. Close Encounters, The Fly and Die Hard won't go past the menu. If I try to play, press next, or access through chapters, I get "prohibited". The Fly plays back via m2ts but Die Hard via m2ts is scrambled and green streaking - looks like macrovision used to. I'm using 3319a and the latest Nvidia drivers. HD-DVDs play fine. AnyDVD says it has removed the BD+. I've tried both from mounted iso and HDD.

Any ideas what's up?

Thanks guys.

Sounds like BD+ issues to me. Other than that no idea.

Ripped a few of my BDs with Umbuntu and having weird results. Dracula works fine with menu access etc. Close Encounters, The Fly and Die Hard won't go past the menu. If I try to play, press next, or access through chapters, I get "prohibited". The Fly plays back via m2ts but Die Hard via m2ts is scrambled and green streaking - looks like macrovision used to. I'm using 3319a and the latest Nvidia drivers. HD-DVDs play fine. AnyDVD says it has removed the BD+. I've tried both from mounted iso and HDD.

Any ideas what's up?
For Close Encounters you'll probably need PowerDVD 3514

I can play CE3K via file but it has sound issues. Strange that the Fox titles won't go past the menu on 3319a or 3104 with the latest AnyDVD build. Do you think this will be resolved with a future AnyDVD build? But doesn't 3514 stop playback from HDD?

Thanks.

If this is a Powerdvd issue, as Anydvd has apparently removed the BD+, any ideas what is stopping Powerdvd from working and accessing the main movie? Playback of the VC-1 extras is possible via file but the movie VC-1 is not.

This is why we've been saying to make ISOs of your movies and mount them in Daemon Tools. Then the playback from hard drive issue is no longer a problem.

Thanks. You mean playback via iso with the NEW Powerdvd. If 3319a is no longer functional with some BD+ titles... I guess it's redundant. If you have to always use a new PDVD build to play the latest titles... BD is definitely paranoid and in need of therapy.

Yea, that's exactly what I mean. Mount the ISO and let the new PowerDVD versions deal with it. I can't guarantee it'll work with the title you're having trouble with, but, it should. And yes, this is why Slysoft recommends HD DVD. I tend to agree with them, however, I still buy BD's myself and take my chances.

I know this thread is a little old but I'm hoping someone can help me out here... I've followed all the instructions and I can get to the point where it begins copying the BD... however, since I cannot mount the BD drive, ps3ubuntu keeps ejecting the disc after a few minutes therefore I cannot complete the copying process. I've even tried inserting the disc before I even boot into ps3ubuntu... but as soon as I log in, *eject*. Any ideas?

I know this thread is a little old but I'm hoping someone can help me out here... I've followed all the instructions and I can get to the point where it begins copying the BD... however, since I cannot mount the BD drive, ps3ubuntu keeps ejecting the disc after a few minutes therefore I cannot complete the copying process. I've even tried inserting the disc before I even boot into ps3ubuntu... but as soon as I log in, *eject*. Any ideas?

I am not quite sure I follow the second part of what you are saying.

The ps3 should process the disk without ejecting it. Once it completes, you then take your ISO which should be on the removable hard drive and plug the hard drive into your PC. From there you mount the ISO with Daemon Tools or something simular and play with your software player.

The Blu Ray disk should not eject from the ps3 while it is in the process of making the ISO. If it is, then there is something going on with the disk itself or the ps3.

i'm having the same problem as you KrakaJap it starts to put data on my hard drive then it will eject the disc.

Excuse my ignorance but.....I'm trying to figure out what the point of all this is about. If I understand correctly, you're using the PS3 to rip an ISO of a BD disc. Save that image to a harddrive. Then playback the image on a computer or HTPC. Ok, I think I get it. My question is this. Are you making an ISO image that could later reburned to a BD and played back in any BD player? If that's the case, are you just using the PS3 as a substitute for computer installed BD player or is there some other point I'm missing?

Excuse my ignorance but.....I'm trying to figure out what the point of all this is about. If I understand correctly, you're using the PS3 to rip an ISO of a BD disc. Save that image to a harddrive. Then playback the image on a computer or HTPC. Ok, I think I get it. My question is this. Are you making an ISO image that could later reburned to a BD and played back in any BD player? If that's the case, are you just using the PS3 as a substitute for computer installed BD player or is there some other point I'm missing?

first of all when you make an ISO, the image can easily be burned onto a disc at anytime using about the same method you would use to burn a DVD and second, yes the PS3 can be used as a Bluray reader just google ps3 SAK and itll tell you what to do i personally dont do it this way because i have bluray/HDDVD reader so im good to go and as soon as the price of media goes down ill be in the market for a bluray writer

Back