• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What are Slysoft/Elaborate Bytes doing about Cinavia

And as i said at post 14 i want a cheap media player that can play full bluray and 3d bluray menus.

And with THAT attitude your gonna get loads of help arnt you.

There are NO cheap options.

As for NON Licenced players, I don't know of any that are any good with BD Menus.

Yes and no. I am sure, I've said it before, but once again...
It is quite simple: Only Blu-ray players detect Cinavia, so removing Cinavia makes most sense with ... Blu-rays!
So if you want a Blu-ray copy with menus and all this stuff (I wonder why anyone would want that, but anyway), you must decode the audio, remove Cinavia, reencode the audio.
Here's the problem - you need True-HD /DTS-HD decodes and encoders. Not an option. So you'll end up with AC3 (Dolby Digital) sound. LPCM wouldn't fit on the disc.
So it is very simple: You keep the audio quality with TrueHD / DTS HD / Atmos / whatever with Cinavia, or you'll get AC3 without. Pick your poison.
With Media files like mkvs, it would be possible to keep the audio quality using a different codec like ogg, but with media files nobody cares. That's why pirates are not affected by Cinavia at all. Cinavia has no impact on downloaded content at all.

I personally don't care about Cinavia. Thanks to AnyDVD my PCs are immune, and media files are watched with a media player or some XBMC/Kodi variation.

Other people might be bothered by Cinavia, but there is no and there will be no way to remove it and keep the audio quality on a Blu-ray disc.

James,
ThankYou for posting this. I have discovered something new for me and it is quite enjoyable. Your mention of the XBMC/Kodi player prompted me to do a Google search and I have the Kodi player installed and I am enjoing it emensly, especially some of the add-on scripts i.e. crackler, metacafe and the such.
Thanks Again!

Think I read over at doom9 that the new ac3 encoder something is now capable of dts-hd encoding, if that's usefull

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

** edit ** dug up the specific post & link

eac3to v3.29, freeware by madshi.net

- can extract TrueHD stream from Blu-Ray TrueHD/AC3 tracks

Last edited:
Think I read over at doom9 that the new ac3 encoder something is now capable of dts-hd encoding, if that's usefull

** edit ** dug up the specific post & link

eac3to v3.29, freeware by madshi.net

- can extract TrueHD stream from Blu-Ray TrueHD/AC3 tracks

The decoding is thanks to libdcadec. Sadly, it's only decoding.

It's a start I guess :), if only it were as simple as applying the exact opposite to do the encoding.

It's a start I guess :), if only it were as simple as applying the exact opposite to do the encoding.

Absolutely, and it allows [some] developers to move away from having to use the Arcsoft DTS decoder which has flaws and isn't freely available. libdcadec is open source and handles DTS-HD and TrueHD including Atmos. A huge step forward.

And with THAT attitude your gonna get loads of help arnt you.

There are NO cheap options.

As for NON Licenced players, I don't know of any that are any good with BD Menus.
I answer to you to the exactly same attitube you answer to me
Yes that's exactly what I said in post #15, WD plays Menu on DVD's BUT not on BD.
So.....

I answer to you to the exactly same attitube you answer to me

So.....

NO its wasn't, YOU had miss quoted me. You were suggesting that I had said the WD unit played BD Menu, I had not. I was correcting you. There was NO attitude involved.

Whats more, its YOU that is after help, (courtesy), Im taking the time and trouble to try and help YOU. Im not asking you for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
While Slysoft works on a fix for the Cinavia Protection Scheme, I may have stumbled across a temporary work-around that is easy.

Using AnyDVD to unprotect the video, I then used a program DVD-Shrink 3.2 to compress the whole disk to fit a 4.7gb disk, saving it to a temporary file on my hard drive.
I then used CloneDVD to copy the compressed file to a 4.7gb DVD. When I played it on the same Blu-Ray player that exhibited the Cinavia rejection previously, it played fine, although there were some very minor indications of the compression.

Small price to pay for defeating the Cinavia problem.

Good luck!

Must be a bug in the Blu-ray player. This should *not* work, if the player detects Cinavia on DVD copies. It probably simply doesn't care....

Great news! There should be a sticky on the new 7.5.9.2 beta. :D

Well listen to the results, some very very nasty phasing effects being used to disrupt detection.

We were warned by James, (result will "Suck")

BUT it does stop Detection.

I know there's no way for now to re-encode to a lossless format, but would it be possible to make the output DTS instead of AC3? No matter how much Dolby insists its 640 kbps bitrate is the equivalent of DTS' 1.5 Mbps, lots of people still say DTS is better. ;)

I know there's no way for now to re-encode to a lossless format, but would it be possible to make the output DTS instead of AC3? No matter how much Dolby insists its 640 kbps bitrate is the equivalent of DTS' 1.5 Mbps, lots of people still say DTS is better. ;)

With resultant audio sounding like this, there would be no point.

Have a listen to the samples. (Use headphones.)

Samples can out do so much, without video is not really a very complete test.

Yes it is, you can't really compare an audio which some say has some echo effects without the video to match it to. Were not talking about an mp3 song here but a movie.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back