• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What are Slysoft/Elaborate Bytes doing about Cinavia

antipodes

I am confused about what is being done to develop a solution to circumvent Cinavia. My confusion comes from recent posts which quote statements to the effect that CloneBD will not be the program for dealing with Cinavia These statements contradict earlier advice about how Slysoft would deal with Cinavia. In addition the question of dealing with DVD's affected by Cinavia has not been addressed. I realize issues of commercial sensitivity are involved but is Slysoft going to provide a solution or should we be looking for third party products?

I am confused about what is being done to develop a solution to circumvent Cinavia. My confusion comes from recent posts which quote statements to the effect that CloneBD will not be the program for dealing with Cinavia These statements contradict earlier advice about how Slysoft would deal with Cinavia. In addition the question of dealing with DVD's affected by Cinavia has not been addressed. I realize issues of commercial sensitivity are involved but is Slysoft going to provide a solution or should we be looking for third party products?

We are going to provide a solution, which removes Cinavia from the audio. It will suck. (As all similar 3rd party "solutions" do - current or future).

The best way to deal with Cinavia is and will be to use a player, which won't trigger it. This would a a PC player, or a player which is not able to play original Blu-ray discs. (Any of the many "media players" starting at 40 bucks, if you count in the raspberry pi).
For DVDs I suggest to use a DVD player, which won't care about Cinavia.

We are going to provide a solution, which removes Cinavia from the audio. It will suck. (As all similar 3rd party "solutions" do - current or future).

That does suck :(
Is it fair to say we probably will never see anything that can remove Cinavia without impacting the quality?

That does suck :(
Is it fair to say we probably will never see anything that can remove Cinavia without impacting the quality?

Yes and no. I am sure, I've said it before, but once again...
It is quite simple: Only Blu-ray players detect Cinavia, so removing Cinavia makes most sense with ... Blu-rays!
So if you want a Blu-ray copy with menus and all this stuff (I wonder why anyone would want that, but anyway), you must decode the audio, remove Cinavia, reencode the audio.
Here's the problem - you need True-HD /DTS-HD decodes and encoders. Not an option. So you'll end up with AC3 (Dolby Digital) sound. LPCM wouldn't fit on the disc.
So it is very simple: You keep the audio quality with TrueHD / DTS HD / Atmos / whatever with Cinavia, or you'll get AC3 without. Pick your poison.
With Media files like mkvs, it would be possible to keep the audio quality using a different codec like ogg, but with media files nobody cares. That's why pirates are not affected by Cinavia at all. Cinavia has no impact on downloaded content at all.

I personally don't care about Cinavia. Thanks to AnyDVD my PCs are immune, and media files are watched with a media player or some XBMC/Kodi variation.

Other people might be bothered by Cinavia, but there is no and there will be no way to remove it and keep the audio quality on a Blu-ray disc.

I am sure, I've said it before, but once again...

Probably, can't say I've seen you or Slysoft comment on how/why Cinavia will never be removed from a BD and keep quality. I maybe missed it somewhere :)

So if you want a Blu-ray copy with menus and all this stuff (I wonder why anyone would want that, but anyway)

Cinavia doesn't affect me either, though I can understand why some people would want Blu-ray menus.
Viewing extras/supplements, 100% correct forced subs/main movie selection, multiple movie cuts, TV shows discs (episode selection), Blu-ray Concerts (song selection) are just easier with a menu/full disc.

Sure, most people don't care about any of that (and most of it can be still done without the menu) but I'm quite surprised if you wonder why that may be important to some :disagree:

That's why pirates are not affected by Cinavia at all. Cinavia has no impact on downloaded content at all.

Same goes for the annoying Screen Pass :(

Hello James
Sorry for my late response but thank you for your advice and clarification. It is disappointing that any solution to Cinavia will impact on the disc's audio performance because I have always felt that one of the glories of Blu-ray was its audio .signal

Defeat Cinavia Protection

While Slysoft works on a fix for the Cinavia Protection Scheme, I may have stumbled across a temporary work-around that is easy.

Using AnyDVD to unprotect the video, I then used a program DVD-Shrink 3.2 to compress the whole disk to fit a 4.7gb disk, saving it to a temporary file on my hard drive.
I then used CloneDVD to copy the compressed file to a 4.7gb DVD. When I played it on the same Blu-Ray player that exhibited the Cinavia rejection previously, it played fine, although there were some very minor indications of the compression.

Small price to pay for defeating the Cinavia problem.

Good luck!

All you did was create a bd5, am that does is simply tell that your player doesn't look for it on such a profile. The reason is simple, not a lot of players support such a disc format especially if the menu uses java.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

You should be able to get custom firmware for Oppo BD players on eBay which don't trigger Cinavia.

The best way to deal with Cinavia is and will be to use a player, which won't trigger it. This would a a PC player, or a player which is not able to play original Blu-ray discs. (Any of the many "media players" starting at 40 bucks, if you count in the raspberry pi).
For DVDs I suggest to use a DVD player, which won't care about Cinavia.

I totally agree with what you are saying but I think the reason why people are asking about Slysoft etc removing the Watermark is because of comments made by Peer.
This of course was also before Slysoft had disabled Player detection.

This is a post from 17th January 2011
It is Post #563 in the Doom9 Forum headed: "Cinavia"/Verance BluRay audio watermark protection.
It is in response to Ghitulescu.

Originally Posted by Ghitulescu:
Yes, removing a stain from a T-shirt which washes away the original colour is not considered to be a removal.

(Response From Peer)
So, you're somehow, based on a gut feeling (?), insisting on the impossibility of removing that watermark without destroying or "staining" the actual content.

I don't know how much thought you have really spent on that matter or how qualified you are to give an expertise.
Just this much: it is very plausible, that you can apply a mechanism, that renders the watermark useless, at least without percievably further worstening the quality of the signal.
It is even likely that - depending on the level of sophistication - removal would re-improve the quality, more closely resembling the original.

A watermark consists of either subtraction or modification of existing information or of addition or a combination thereof in a specific way.
Anyone can imagine, that - once you know how a watermark has been applied, you can, to a certain level, work yourself backward again.

It's not quite as simple as reversing
f(x) -> f'(x)
as the watermarking is not neccessarily or even likely a bijective projection and also in many situations certain parts of the original signal already coincidentally resembled parts of the watermark, but if you apply some additional signal processing for statistical prediction, you will very likely be ending up repairing more of the original signal than you will be messing it up.

I'd also like to point out: it has been done before with another audio watermarking scheme. The results were excellent.

The only difference in case of Cinavia is that it may be more difficult to make the removal remain effective for all detection devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with what you are saying but I think the reason why people are asking about Slysoft etc removing the Watermark is because of comments made by Peer.
This of course was also before Slysoft had disabled Player detection.

As I said:

We are going to provide a solution, which removes Cinavia from the audio (currently in beta testing). It will suck. (As all similar 3rd party "solutions" do - current or future).

So will Cinavia removal be an included or optional feature of AnyDVD or will it be a completely new (and separate) Slysoft product?

Last edited:
As I said:

We are going to provide a solution, which removes Cinavia from the audio (currently in beta testing). It will suck. (As all similar 3rd party "solutions" do - current or future).

LOL I didn't see anywhere that Peer said his solution would "suck"

In fact, he said in the extract, it would in some cases improve the damage done by Cinavia.

I must be honest and say that I have never thought clean removal was ever possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does anyone has one sure solution for any media player that CAN play full bluray menus without any issue with right now programs?
Even with a custom firmware.

If there is which are these media player that doesn't has cinavia regonise chip?

And is there any CHEAP media player that can play for sure every bluray 3d or not with full menu without any issues of cinavia audio protection?

A lot of thanks.

So does anyone has one sure solution for any media player that CAN play full bluray menus without any issue with right now programs?
Even with a custom firmware.

If there is which are these media player that doesn't has cinavia regonise chip?

And is there any CHEAP media player that can play for sure every bluray 3d or not with full menu without any issues of cinavia audio protection?

A lot of thanks.

Media Players like WD Media, Popcorn Hour, etc do NOT detect Cinavia. Menu support is ok for DVD but not for BD. Would recommend Movie Only BD. (Popcorn Hour supports 3D also).
Using a PC, PowerDVD, TMT etc do NOT detect Cinavia (well they do but Slysoft defeats the detection system of the player) and these Players also deal with menu's

Can you be more specific to wich models exactly and if there is a media player that can play even 3d bluray movies and cost little money.

Can you be more specific to wich models exactly and if there is a media player that can play even 3d bluray movies and cost little money.

Popcorn Hour A400 can play 3D BD ISO.

Not a cheap unit.

WD Media Player cheaper, will not play 3D.

For cost, just put "WD Media Player" or "Popcornhour A400" in Amazon search.

I have wd tv live gen3 and DOESN'T play full menus on any bd-iso file so....

And as i said at post 14 i want a cheap media player that can play full bluray and 3d bluray menus.

Back