• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WebSlinger - PXhelp20 Reappeared! - burn issues, again...HELP! please....

But, I am having problems with the burning of the files onto the blank media -literally all backups burn with stuttering and halting.

Playback produces stutter?

Or the burn process starts and stops?

For playback . . .

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18731

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not valueline), Verbatim Datalife Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

For +R DL blank media, use Verbatim made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

For +R DL blank media, try a 4x burn speed. Do not burn at maximum.

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before burning:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

Also, check the preview screen in Clonedvd to ensure you're backing up the proper title.

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

Couldn't copy and paste the log screen or the error message in the pop-up box

You can't copy and paste the popup box, but you can do this, which is all that is required:

i)In Clonedvd, in the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Iit appears that the "disc cleanup" found issue

If you're referring to chkdsk, if it found bad sectors, then you're looking, potentially, at a dying a hard drive, which should then be replaced pronto . . .

How am I to know to do this in the future?

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15537

It's simple enough to use imgburn to check. Keep in mind that whatever filter you do remove from your registry may cause the program that originally installed that filter to stop functioning properly.

What possible instances could cause another version of this to be downloaded? How did "PxHelp20" appear and where does it come from?

PXhelp20 is installed by a number of programs including those made by Sonic Solutions. Typically, PXhelp20 doesn't cause problems. I usually only recommend removing it if people are having problems.

I doubt removing it resolved anything for you. I am more of the opinion that running chkdsk resolved your problem in this case (or whatever hard drive maintenance programs you used).

Also, Webslinger mentioned that something was "a mess" or "messy" (or something to that effect) after looking at one of my attachments - how can I either avoid or cleanup this problem in the future?

Optical drives disappear in Windows when an item is listed in your registry's filter stack but the corresponding driver file doesn't appear on your hard drive. For example, if you happen to have PXhelp20 listed in your registry's filter stack but if PXhelp20.sys (as an actual file) was deleted on your hard drive, then when your operating system loads it will still try to load pxhelp20.sys. Upon not finding that file/driver on your hard drive, windows will make your optical drive disappear. So your registry's filter stack was messed up. A filter was listed in your registry, but the corresponding driver file wasn't actually on your hard drive. In those situations, Windows makes your optical drives poof.

Older versions of Virtual Clonedrive had a bug, where uninstalling it left a behind a registry entry yet deleted the corresponding driver off the hard drive. That situation might have made your optical drive disappear (if you're looking for a culprit). VCD 5.4.3.4 beta fixes that problem.

When Frank was replying, there was some discussion about the method that I use to create my backup files - is there another way to do this? I have always used AnyDVD running in the background while using CloneDVD to create and shrink the files and then burn the .iso file onto the blank media.

Why not just burn immediately if your intention is to produce a backup? Why produce an .iso file?

so the only media that I use now is either Sony or Philips (prefer sony, though

You would be wise to stay away from (most stuff from) Phillips, and you would be especially wise to avoid Sony made in Malaysia. If Sony is made in Malaysia by Daxon, then you would be better off donating your money to charity. If I were you, I'd switch to Taiyo Yuden (not Valuline, Trublu, or Linkyo, since I don't know what Linyo is). If you're in the U.S., then visit www.supermediastore.com

Last edited:
I think that it might have to do with my harddrives and possible interference from some other sort of software installation thing (like the files that we found using Imgburn).

I defragment and then use "Eraser" to clean up any unused areas of the drive once the defrag is complete.

When backing up, during the entire process, I shut down any other program and disconnect from the internet.

I did run the Imgburn software a couple of weeks ago and looked for any of the things listed in the sticky - things that James and other developers or moderators mentioned - had none (other than the one that we removed two weeks ago).

Am I not cleaning up my harddrives correctly?

I did re-back these files up on a different drive, once that I had cleaned out (removed the bulk of my files), used the disc cleanup tool, defragged then erased before using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 to backup - I am going to attempt to burn one file now to see if this makes a difference - but, what has happened repeatedly, over the previous weeks when using the other harddrive - the first burn is clean, but when I attempt to burn another file, each one afterward stutters, jambs up and then stops - cannot be played through.

I have NEVER had this level of persistence with a problem such as this before - never.

As I mentioned before, I allow CloneDVD to set the burn speed, I use good media, etc.

One thing to note: When I attempted to open up CloneDVD2 this morning, it wouldn't open - so I had to reinstall it and reinstalled the most current version on the primary SS page - did not install the new beta version because I read about the list of movies that had been flagged as problematic - so I wasn't sure if it was "safe" to install, meaning, should I wait to install once the "bugs" are worked out of the software?

Thank you for your assistance,
lmc

I

Am I not cleaning up my harddrives correctly?

I'd be more worried about potential harddrive failures.

Do this for all of your harddrives:

a) Click the start button
b) Right-click "My Computer" and select "Explore"
c) Right-click the disk you want to check and select "Properties"
d) In the properties dialog click the tab "Tools"
e) Click "check now"
f) The "checking disk" dialog appears, check both options and click start
g) You will probably see a message that chkdsk wants exclusive access to the disk and therefore wants to begin first thing after you restart your computer. Accept by clicking ok.
h) Restart your computer

did not install the new beta version because I read about the list of movies that had been flagged as problematic

The list of discs that won't work actually increases with older versions of Slysoft software. The list you're referring to means that not only do the latest betas of Anydvd/Clonedvd not handle those discs but older versions of Anydvd/Clonedvd also don't handle those discs in addition to lots of other discs that the latest betas do handle perfectly fine. So, you should be using the latest betas.

so I wasn't sure if it was "safe" to install

Yes, use Anydvd 6.5.6.6 and Clonedvd 2.9.2.4

the first burn is clean, but when I attempt to burn another file, each one afterward stutters, jambs up and then stops - cannot be played through

Test file playback on your computer before burning.
If stuttering doesn't occur on your computer, then you're producing bad burns.

Last edited:
WS - how did PXhelp20 reappear???

I am, again, having problems with burning my backup copies on good media. Although the digital doppling, dragging, stuttering, etc has decreased - (it actually disappeared nearly completely when we first worked on this issue several weeks ago) - but, it has reappeared in a minor version - lasting for a few minutes in one section of any backed-up media and then not reoccurring again (previously it would start within 10 minutes and the symptoms would rapidly become so bad that the disc was unplayable - symptoms showing throughout the ENTIRE recorded media on the DVD. Now, it occurs during the first 10 minutes (appx), stutters, staggers, dopples sporadically for about 7 or 8 minutes then doesn't occur again.

PXhelp20 did reappear so I did remove it, WS. Also, I reviewed the lists of other undesirable filter drivers that we should remove from out harddrive to ensure proper functioning of out SS Software Suite - and found no other codes mentioned in the forum lists. WS (or any other Forum moderator) would you please review the list of 7 filters that show up in my ImgBurn Filter Driver Load Order.

I have ATTEMPTED use the "Disk Cleanup Utility" on the particular drive - but it doesn't appear to be functioning as it did when I successfully used it a few weeks ago when you, WebSlinger directed me to use it.
:(

Thank you for your assistance - lmc :confused:

WS - how did PXhelp20 reappear???

I only told you to remove the entry from your registry. I didn't tell you to remove the actual file from your hard drive. So if you discovered the file on your hard drive, you probably didn't remove it to begin with.

I am, again, having problems with burning my backup copies on good media.

If you're referring to Sony (made in Malaysia by Daxon) and Philips, that doesn't qualify as good media. That qualifies as junk.

Although the digital doppling, dragging, stuttering, etc has decreased - (it actually disappeared nearly completely when we first worked on this issue several weeks ago) - but, it has reappeared in a minor version - lasting for a few minutes in one section of any backed-up media and then not reoccurring again (previously it would start within 10 minutes and the symptoms would rapidly become so bad that the disc was unplayable - symptoms showing throughout the ENTIRE recorded media on the DVD. Now, it occurs during the first 10 minutes (appx), stutters, staggers, dopples sporadically for about 7 or 8 minutes then doesn't occur again.

You've got at 3 ongoing threads about this now. Why do you have to create a new thread?
I'm now having to revisit your old threads just to refer to what I've written before. I shouldn't have to be doing that. It just makes troubleshooting more difficult. It's best if you just remain in your old related threads.

I've already said the following in some of those previous threads:

1) Stop using junk blank media

2) Do this for all of your harddrives:

a) Click the start button
b) Right-click "My Computer" and select "Explore"
c) Right-click the disk you want to check and select "Properties"
d) In the properties dialog click the tab "Tools"
e) Click "check now"
f) The "checking disk" dialog appears, check both options and click start
g) You will probably see a message that chkdsk wants exclusive access to the disk and therefore wants to begin first thing after you restart your computer. Accept by clicking ok.
h) Restart your computer

Tell me if this procedure finds bad sectors/clusters, etc. on your hard drive, because if it did--then your hard drive(s) is dying

3. Test file playback on your computer before burning.
If stuttering doesn't occur on your computer, then you're producing bad burns.

PXhelp20 did reappear so I did remove it, WS.

Reappeared in your registry--or as a file on your hard drive?

Did you (re)install any burning software recently?

would you please review the list of 7 filters that show up in my ImgBurn Filter Driver Load Order.

How? You didn't list them.

I have ATTEMPTED use the "Disk Cleanup Utility" on the particular drive - but it doesn't appear to be functioning as it did when I successfully used it a few weeks ago when you, WebSlinger directed me to use it.

Can you be a little more specific about "doesn't appear to be functioning"? What happens exactly? You know better than to be this vague.

Last edited:
I created a different thread because this is now a new issue - and the other time it was resolved - so creating a new thread was the correct choice, or so I thought.

Regarding bad media - now, after removing Philips and Sony - I know of no other media that is "good" since Verbatim is now on the hit list, also. What media do you consider to be good?

I removed PXhelp20 by using the Imgburn software to find it and then deleted it from that list - as I thought I was instructed to do. I am seeing it, again, when I troubleshoot using Imgburn. So, I am not sure how or where it removes it from on my computer - registry or harddrive (although, I believe that removing using Imgburn was removing it from the registry - clarify this for me). If PXhelp20 has reappeared on the registry, could this be causing the problem?

Before I do the disk check operation - I will tell you that I installed several things recently - only one (that I am aware of) was a burning software - CloneDVD2 - had to reinstall it because the program was inoperable - wouldn't open up even after a fresh reboot - figured that it was most likely some interaction with the other programs that I had installed (WinRaR, VLC Media Player, AVICodec, RealAlternative, Xvid, Satsuki Decoder pack, AVS Video Converter - and updated some codecs - none of these programs, that I am aware of, are burning software - but I am mentioning them here in case one doesn't interact well with SS software).

As always, I ensure that ALL other programs (including my antivirus/spy software) are not running and that I have nixed my internet connection when backing up anything.

I am going offline with this diskcheck now, and will submit a response with the results from it.

Thank you for your guidance, WS
lmc

I created a different thread because this is now a new issue - and the other time it was resolved - so creating a new thread was the correct choice, or so I thought.

No. Not if threads are related. Just remain in them. I've merged them all together now, so I don't have to refer to three different areas.

Regarding bad media - now, after removing Philips and Sony - I know of no other media that is "good" since Verbatim is now on the hit list, also. What media do you consider to be good?

Verbatim Datalife Plus (note the "plus") is good. So is Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline, not trublu, no linkyo). Visit www.supermediastore.com

So, I am not sure how or where it removes it from on my computer - registry or harddrive (although, I believe that removing using Imgburn was removing it from the registry - clarify this for me).

Imgburn removes the filter entry from your registry. It does not remove the file from your hard drive. If the filter entry is listed in your registry--but the file does not appear on your hard drive, a problem occurs: Windows will make your optical drives disappear. That's why it's always important to remove the entry from your registry.

If PXhelp20 has reappeared on the registry, could this be causing the problem?

Maybe, but I doubt it

As for why it reappeared, it's possible you resinstalled some burning application in the interim or another program that installs PXhelp20. It's also possible that you may have to boot into Windows safe mode to remove the entry (hold down the F8 key during bootup).

Before I do the disk check operation - I will tell you that I installed several things recently - only one (that I am aware of) was a burning software - CloneDVD2 - had to reinstall it because the program was inoperable - wouldn't open up even after a fresh reboot - figured that it was most likely some interaction with the other programs that I had installed (WinRaR, VLC Media Player, AVICodec, RealAlternative, Xvid, Satsuki Decoder pack, AVS Video Converter - and updated some codecs - none of these programs, that I am aware of, are burning software - but I am mentioning them here in case one doesn't interact well with SS software).

I'm not aware of any of those causing problems--but it's possible that one of them does install PXhelp20.

Again, you should test file playback before burning. Tell Clonedvd to output dvd video files, and rip. Then run a dvd software playback program. Select the "video_ts.ifo" file that you ripped as the source file for playback (do not select individual .vob files). If everything plays fine, then you are producing bad burns--and the problem then lies between your burner and your blank media choices.

Hi WS,
I completed a disk check on both of my HD's. The one HD did (white colored) appear to have some files that had "bad sectors" in them and they were corrected - this disc check took about 6 hours for the entire scan to complete.

The other HD (red colored) took about 15 hours for the scan to complete - I was next to my laptop as it completed it and kept glancing over to see if there were any repair notices and, during the appx. 8 hours that I was glancing at it (before falling asleep) I didn't see any file repair script while the scanning was completing.

I did use the first HD, the white HD, to back up 4 of my movies, 3 regular, one disc movies and one which was a 3 disc set. The 3 movies backed up fine, without issue and, at the same time, the one that was a 3 DVD set, which was manufactored and distributed by Sony Pictures, had problems - all three DVD's in the set.

Although I was having issue with nearly every DVD that I was attempting to back up over these previous weeks in between the removal of the driver and the disc check scan/repair - the problems cleared up right after removal of the driver and the disk check scan and then started to reappear after using the HD more (adding and removing files - then defraging and erasing unused portions of the HD to clean them up).

The files are fine when I play them directly from the HD using PowerDVD - a software that another SS moderator had previously recommended I use to check files before burning - so there is something happening during the burning process - something that might be bad blank media and, from what it sounds like, a troublesome driver that occasionally reinstalls itself - but, because of the persistence and intense consistency of the issue as of late - this previous month (and how it disappears for a limited time after cleaning up my HD's) I think that it primarily has something to do with my HD and maintenance that I do on them to keep them clean.

When I use my harddrives, burn and delete files - about once a month I was cleaning them up by defragmenting them, then using this eraser tool to scrub or cleanse the unused protions (the empty areas) of the HD. When I did have these same problems - this cleanup and maintenance of my HD's resolved the problem and, on a rare occassion, I would still have a tricky DVD (usually a Sony Pictures release) that would get resolved once there was an update to AnyDVD.

What other things can I do to ensure that my harddrives are free of file fragments and other remnants that can impact file transfer quality. Previously, over the last few years, when I experienced these types of problems, doing these steps (mentioned above) to clean up my HD's was the solution from the HD I currently

I did update AnyDVD this morning and ensured that the troublesome Ph20X (or whatever it was called hasn't reinstalled. The remaining drivers are all SS drivers with the exception of a couple; imapi, redbook, the SS drivers are maploml, maplom, ElbyCDFL, and AnyDVD.

Along with changing media type - please suggest how I should clean, defrag, erase my harddrives to ensure that they are properly compressed and all remaining frags are removed - also taking steps to ensure that files do not need repairing since even these files appear to play correctly yet, once I try to burn them to my blank media they dopple, stutter and freeze up (and appear to be corrected once I complete a disc check/scan on them that corrects or fixes flawed sectors.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions regarding cleaning up my HD's.

lmc

ps - in case this makes a difference, one of these HD's is now used exclusively for dealing with bit torrents that I gather using Vuze - and I happened to have just a few movies that I had originally backed up on this HD last month when I first started having this new round of problems (the red one that took appx 15 hours to perform the disk check scan on). But, since I am having it on both HD's and am using only the one HD for my vuze files this might not be the source of the problem since I do have the same issues on each HD.

Hi WS,
I completed a disk check on both of my HD's. The one HD did (white colored) appear to have some files that had "bad sectors" in them and they were corrected - this disc check took about 6 hours for the entire scan to complete.

I would avoid that drive or replace it.

I did use the first HD, the white HD, to back up 4 of my movies, 3 regular, one disc movies and one which was a 3 disc set. The 3 movies backed up fine, without issue

Okay

and, at the same time, the one that was a 3 DVD set, which was manufactored and distributed by Sony Pictures, had problems - all three DVD's in the set.

Elaborate, please. What does "had problems" mean, exactly?

Although I was having issue with nearly every DVD that I was attempting to back up over these previous weeks in between the removal of the driver and the disc check scan/repair - the problems cleared up right after removal of the driver and the disk check scan and then started to reappear after using the HD more (adding and removing files - then defraging and erasing unused portions of the HD to clean them up).

Well, the problem could be that this "white" hard drive has seen better days. Personally, I would get that replaced.

The files are fine when I play them directly from the HD using PowerDVD - a software that another SS moderator had previously recommended I use to check files before burning

That was me: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=110534&postcount=24

something that might be bad blank media

Possibly. Possibly the white hard drive is dying as well . . .

I think that it primarily has something to do with my HD and maintenance that I do on them to keep them clean.

If chkdsk is finding bad sectors on your white hard drive, that's really not good, I'm afraid. Typically that's a sign that the drive is starting to die. Now it's possible you may still be able to use that drive because chkdsk has blocked off the bad sectors as being useable, but even so, I'm not sure that I would trust that hard drive. As hard drives continue to die, you may find more and more bad sectors.

I would send that white hard drive back for warranty repair--or get it replaced.

I would still have a tricky DVD (usually a Sony Pictures release) that would get resolved once there was an update to AnyDVD.

I strongly suspect that's coincidental, unless you were getting error messages from Clonedvd or Anydvd.

The remaining drivers are all SS drivers with the exception of a couple; imapi, redbook, the SS drivers are maploml, maplom, ElbyCDFL, and AnyDVD.

Those are fine.

Along with changing media type - please suggest how I should clean, defrag,

I would direct defrag questions to Drinklyeanddie. He does defrags far more often than I do. All of the English moderators (this is a pretty rare occurrence) are using Raxco Perfectdisk 10 Professional: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=26412

Thanks, again, Webslinger,

Here is the update on my 2 external HD's, backing up files and burning them to blank media.

I removed the driver that had reappeared - PH20X (? or whatever it was called) using Imgburn to locate it - I then removed it from the Imgburn interface - I believe that you called this "removing it from the registery"
--Should I remove it from my computer completely? If so, where do I find it - where is it located - and how should I remove it?

I completed a disk check on both HD's (one is red and the other is white colored): the scan on the white one took about 6 hours and I read that it was repairing some files.

The red HD scan took overnight to complete because it had more data on it - but, during the process - the part of it that I was aware for (about 8 hours) - I kept my laptop by my side and continually glanced over at the screen during the disk check and I saw no messages about files or sectors being repaired - like the messages that I saw for the white colored HD.

After this, I attempted to back up 3 of my DVD's - one which was a set containing two DVD's. The 2 DVD's backed up and burned on my media without flaw - the DVD set, manufactured and distributed by Sony, had problems - one had problems during the intro when the Sony Pictures logo was showing and the other had problems during the first few minutes but it played through the jumping screen and played without issue after these "glitches"- this was after the 2nd burn attempt of each. The first burn attempt had serious errors within the first 12 minutes of the actual show, not during the opening part, the menu, etc... and, when the screen stuttered and doppled out, it stuck and didn't move forward - unlike the errors on the second attempted burns. This was on the white HD.

I have now backed up several other movies that I own using the white HD and it appears that all play back without a flaw!

When movies do show problems, it is only on the burned file on the media, the files play back without issue when I test them using Virtual Clone and Power DVD - which is a method of testing that I was told to perform previously, a year+ ago by a SS moderator.

This problem seems to be with cleaning of my HD's - which I do at least 1X per month by defragmenting and then using an eraser tool on the unused/empty spaces on my HD - an eraser tool which takes any remaining fragments and scrambles the entire unused spaces on the drive so that the fragments are undetectable. My buddy taught me to do this a few years ago - he has never had issues like I have had this previous month and he uses his HD's a lot more than I do - including backing up his DVD collection. Is there another way to cleanup my HD's - I do use the eraser tool more than he does - use it every month (or more frequently if a problem appears or my HD's need defraging) - when he only uses it every couple of months.
The only other thing that I have done that is different is the addition of those other software programs that I mentioned in my previous message (you stated that you've not heard of interaction problems with these programs) - I have been dinking around with Vuze - but, I am still working with Vuze and now I am no longer having issue with the one HD, the white HD. I haven't tried the red HD out yet, but, since I started working with Vuze I use the Red HD for anything Vuze related - use the White HD for backup files.

I will contact DLDye about defraging - but, how do I connect with him if he doesn't accept PM's?

Thank you for your assistance, WB
lmc

If so, where do I find it - where is it located - and how should I remove it?

You know how to search for a file in Windows explorer, right?

I completed a disk check on both HD's (one is red and the other is white colored): the scan on the white one took about 6 hours and I read that it was repairing some files.

I've already expressed my opinion on your "white" drive.

The 2 DVD's backed up and burned on my media without flaw - the DVD set, manufactured and distributed by Sony, had problems - one had problems during the intro when the Sony Pictures logo was showing and the other had problems during the first few minutes but it played through the jumping screen and played without issue after these "glitches"- this was after the 2nd burn attempt of each. The first burn attempt had serious errors within the first 12 minutes of the actual show, not during the opening part, the menu, etc... and, when the screen stuttered and doppled out, it stuck and didn't move forward - unlike the errors on the second attempted burns. This was on the white HD.

That's a bad burn. Whether the issue is a result of your white hard drive being corrupt (previously, before running chkdsk)/dying or whether the issue is your poor choice of blank media or whether the issue is a combination of those two factors, I don't know.

I have now backed up several other movies that I own using the white HD and it appears that all play back without a flaw!

Then there's a chance the problem was a few bad blanks. Again, whether the issue is a result of your white hard drive being corrupt (previously, before running chkdsk)/dying or whether the issue is your poor choice of blank media or whether the issue is a combination of those two factors, I don't know.

Skipping, etc. has nothing to do with Anydvd. And it really has nothing to do with Clonedvd either, provided you've selected a proper burn speed.

It's always either a bad burn or media compatibility issue with the player.

When movies do show problems, it is only on the burned file on the media, the files play back without issue when I test them using Virtual Clone and Power DVD - which is a method of testing that I was told to perform previously, a year+ ago by a SS moderator.

That was me.

This problem seems to be with cleaning of my HD's

I disagree, strongly. Deleting files on a hard drive won't solve this sort of problem. Running Chkdsk might (it did correct things for your on your hard drive). Running degfrag might (though, less likely). "Cleaning" or "deleting" doesn't help. Files are files. They don't, in of themselves, cause skipping issues. The problem is more likely a result of (and in order of likelihood):

a) Using junk blank media

or

b) Using a slowly dying hard (your "white") drive

or

c) a combination of the two

I will contact DLDye about defraging - but, how do I connect with him if he doesn't accept PM's?

You can just ask about defragging in the Third Party Prodcuts forum. He may respond, or he may not. He's not necessarily obliged to.

Last edited:
Back