• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WebSlinger - PXhelp20 Reappeared! - burn issues, again...HELP! please....

lmc

Virtual Clone interacting with Clone DVD burning issues

Since this is a problem that I believe ties into both virtual clone and CloneDVD, I am to post in both areas...
There have been SO MANY issues since I started using Virtual Clone this most recent time.
But, I am going to focus on the most recent problems and what seems to resolve the issue.
I burn my backup copy of any dvd that I might have and, since I reinstalled Virtual Clone, the copy doesn't play once it is burned onto my blank disc. The menu plays through and, within the first 10 minutes (or so), the copy starts to jump and eventually freezes up completely.
Since I had SO MANY issues revolving around Virtual this previous week, I uninstalled the VC software, rebooted my computer and reburned a number of my .iso files to dvd. All now play appear to have burned without issue and playback smoothly.
Because I have had some issues historically, my normal routine is to turn off my internet access, place my anti-spy and virus software off and now, when I was attempting to eliminate possible causes of the problems since this reinstall this previous week, I did disable AnyDVD, also.
As I mentioned in the previous sentence, it appears that the problem is resolved now that I have uninstalled the Virtual Drive.
A couple of questions or concerns:
1. Although it appears that most .iso files are burning correctly, I am having issue with one newly released DVD in particular, "Dr. Bronner's Magical Soapbox" - while attempting to backup the file, the file appears to fully backup and without problem (before uninstalling Virtual I played about 10 minutes of the .iso file directly from the drive) - but, when I go to back it up on my blank media, only about 60% is successfully burned onto the blank media and then an error appears and burning stops - when I look into the burning records file it says that there is a "read error" - and this is the SAME response regardless of if the Virtual program is installed or not installed.
2. Does the Virtual Clone program interfere with the ripping, backup, burning process?

One comment for clarification, I have always had the VC program installed, but just updated it about two weeks ago - although the software was already on my computer, the software wasn't working correctly (no option to mount on a virtual drive was available as it used to be), so I installed the software again, right over the existing software (didn't uninstall and then reinstall).

Also, before the updated software was released in May, I didn't have this previous problem with being able to mount the .iso file and play it using PowerDVD (although, honestly, I had only did this one or two times previously over the past couple of years).

The other problems that resulted from this update and reinstall are numerous and it was a terrible issue that caused me to lose hours of time trying to resolve. Since these problems have to do with the previous installation of the VC and, I don't believe that it is an interaction with AnyDVD or CloneDVD, program, I will address it separately, in a different thread.

If anybody has any ideas about this interaction that I believe that I have experienced - has any solutions are ways that I can figure out what the problem is if it isn't the problem that I have hypothesized, please assist me with figuring it out! I am grateful for any suggestions and ideas. :bowdown:
lmc

Clone DVD interacting with Virtual Clone - backup failures resulting?

Since this is a problem that I believe ties into both virtual clone and CloneDVD, I am to post in both areas...
There have been SO MANY issues since I started using Virtual Clone this most recent time.
But, I am going to focus on the most recent problems and what seems to resolve the issue.
I burn my backup copy of any dvd that I might have and, since I reinstalled Virtual Clone, the copy doesn't play once it is burned onto my blank disc. The menu plays through and, within the first 10 minutes (or so), the copy starts to jump and eventually freezes up completely.
Since I had SO MANY issues revolving around Virtual this previous week, I uninstalled the VC software, rebooted my computer and reburned a number of my .iso files to dvd. All now play appear to have burned without issue and playback smoothly.
Because I have had some issues historically, my normal routine is to turn off my internet access, place my anti-spy and virus software off and now, when I was attempting to eliminate possible causes of the problems since this reinstall this previous week, I did disable AnyDVD, also.
As I mentioned in the previous sentence, it appears that the problem is resolved now that I have uninstalled the Virtual Drive.
A couple of questions or concerns:
1. Although it appears that most .iso files are burning correctly, I am having issue with one newly released DVD in particular, "Dr. Bronner's Magical Soapbox" - while attempting to backup the file, the file appears to fully backup and without problem (before uninstalling Virtual I played about 10 minutes of the .iso file directly from the drive) - but, when I go to back it up on my blank media, only about 60% is successfully burned onto the blank media and then an error appears and burning stops - when I look into the burning records file it says that there is a "read error" - and this is the SAME response regardless of if the Virtual program is installed or not installed.
2. Does the Virtual Clone program interfere with the ripping, backup, burning process?

One comment for clarification, I have always had the VC program installed, but just updated it about two weeks ago - although the software was already on my computer, the software wasn't working correctly (no option to mount on a virtual drive was available as it used to be), so I installed the software again, right over the existing software (didn't uninstall and then reinstall).

Also, before the updated software was released in May, I didn't have this previous problem with being able to mount the .iso file and play it using PowerDVD (although, honestly, I had only did this one or two times previously over the past couple of years).

The other problems that resulted from this update and reinstall are numerous and it was a terrible issue that caused me to lose hours of time trying to resolve. Since these problems have to do with the previous installation of the VC and, I don't believe that it is an interaction with AnyDVD or CloneDVD, program, I will address it separately, in a different thread.

If anybody has any ideas about this interaction that I believe that I have experienced - has any solutions are ways that I can figure out what the problem is if it isn't the problem that I have hypothesized, please assist me with figuring it out! I am grateful for any suggestions and ideas. :bowdown:
lmc
ps - attached are the two files 1) AnyDVD file logs after scanning Bronner 2) the file log that appears while burning Bronner (it is on the far right hand side of the image document.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.5.9_Info_G_BRONNER_MSB.zip
    121.5 KB · Views: 3
  • CloneDVDBronner.jpg
    CloneDVDBronner.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Known scenario

The freezing during playback of a copy has little to do with the source of the content and you can forget any link whatsoever between this scenario and AnyDVD or VirtualCloneDrive.

The problem is mechanical, to put it simply. 8)

The major cause of freezing, jumping, pixelating and general misbehaving of a copy is too high a writing speed coupled with blanks not well-suited for quality copies and any deviation in your burner. We see this often enough and not once has the effect been assigned to software.

See this info for starters:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3627

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2516

The bottom line to good copies includes no drug store blanks and 8x burning speed. ;)

Hi Frank,
I am burning at 8X and use good media, as always. Last weekend I experienced this awful problem after updating and using Virtual Clone - my g: drive disappeared. The ONLY resolution that I could get was to completely uninstall all of my Elby software and reinstall my burner drivers. It worked, my driver reappeared AND I was able to successfully make backup copies of about 8 of my DVD's once I reinstalled all of my Elby software EXCEPT Virtual CloneDrive. Once I reinstalled Virtual and used it, I started having problems again.
lmc:bang:

Need more info, please

OK, fine. But I still maintain it's an environmental issue simply going with the number of installs and the one-offs of such scenarios.

Just for fun, make us a log from AnyDVD of a DVD so we can have a look behind the curtain. A failure to correctly write DVD data in a sucessful "write" process has yet to be found in CloneDVD.

There may indeed be a relationship between your playing problems and an installed software, but considering the volume of VCD installs it is least likely this is the cause. Let's see the log and move on from there.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon in the Task Bar and select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear.
Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name.
Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
"Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar)

Attach that log file to the thread.

Dr. Bronner's Magical Soapbox, etc...

I have entered other issues that have occurred yesterday, this morning and last week on the appropriate forums - but this problem is specific to a particular DVD that I am attempting to backup - Dr. Bronner's Magical Soapbox.
I did email it to Slysoft, but, since it might not be a new encryption issue, I want to post it here, also.
I use good media, burn at 8X. I have created two different backup files of the DVD and with each backup, .iso file, the same thing occurs when I am attempting to burn the .iso file to a blank dvd - once the process reaches about 50-60% it stops, errors out saying that there is a file or reading error.
I'm attaching both the zip file created by AnyDVD and a snapshot of the file that I made of the CloneDVD file-log. On this image, the log can be seen to the far right hand of the picture.
I am unsure if this problem is occurring because of software interaction issues (Slysoft or other) and there has been a stream of issues that I have had to resolve over the previous week - seemingly since I went through and updated ALL of my Slysoft software, particularly Virtual CloneDVD.
When backing up DVD's, I do close down all programs and shut down my wireless connection - and have never had such a difficult time before.
Along with this never before seen issue with Dr. Bronner's, I am having problems getting a clean backup copy of any of my other DVD's that I am attempting to backup this past 2 days.
The other problem involves an apparently sufficient backup .iso file being created, but, when I attempt to burn this file to blank media, the output is a file that, within 10-15 minutes, is completely unplayable - faltering, jumping and then completely jamming up and stopping.
Once I uninstalled Virtual Clone a lot of the problems seemed to clear up - with the exception of this one with Dr. Bronner's Magical Soap. I have now watched my second backup copy just this morning and, except for one small 2 second amount of skipping in the very beginning the copy is perfect. The other backup movie is perfect, also.
But, since I am still experiencing some problems on the one backup and still cannot successfully backup Dr. Bronner's, I am going to hold off on backing up my other movies that I previously had problems with burning yesterday.
Does anybody have any ideas about this? I can't keep using 10-11 blanks just to get 1-2 successful backups created. This is painful - help :(
lmc

Hi Frank,
In the post directly above your last reply is the document that you requested plus another one that shows the CloneDVD burn logs and error.

But, I do think that it has something to do with some type of interaction that is occurring during the final burn process because the files now seem to play without issue when played directly off of the harddrive (with the exception of - possibly of - Bronners).

Several major things that could be at work here - one that you already mentioned - the multiple reinstalls of VCD.
Other things that have changed in this past 2 weeks since these problems have started occurring:
I inadvertently reset my Verizon dsl modem and Linksys wireless router and had to reconfigure the connections.
Months ago I installed Norton Anti-Virus (but, as a precaution, I have ALWAYS disabled it - and my internet access - when creating backup files, during the entire process. I also disable my AdAware every time.
Several weeks ago I reinstalled my Vuze Software and started working with bit-torrenting again. But, this software and the bit-torrenting part of it doesn't work unless online - and, as a precaution after these issues yesterday, I went in, double checked and, with the 2 music files that were marked to "seed" when I am online, I removed the seed option.

Thank you again for taking the time to try to help me sort through this problem, Frank.
lmc
ps - in the Virtual CloneDrive section of the forum, I posted a thread in which I discussed how my dvd-rom drive disappeared and the only way that I could resolve it was to completely remove VCD and all other Elby software, uninstall and then reinstall the device drivers and then reinstalled all Elby software BUT VCD - not only did my dvd-rom drive reappear - but the process problems that I was having during this time, the same ones that I am having now (with the exception of Bronner), disappeared. I did end up reinstalling VCD on Tuesday, used it without issue, and again had the problems with backing up my dvd's yesterday and this morning - but, to date, my dvd-rom drive has yet to disappear.

Moving forward....

Sorry I missed the attachments - asleep at the wheel. :p

I'm curious why you used AnyDVD for this DVD - there is no protection. :confused:
Also, if you are creating ISOs using AnyDVD that is not recommended for DVDs as the function is intended only for BluRays. Using that for DVDs is a "place your bet / take your chances" thing.

I'm also curious as to why you create ISOs in the first place.

And then, the JPG shows me you manually stopped the burning process so I am assuming you saved a blank and the burning process does not fail.

You say the ISOs play on their own, so that really rules out AnyDVD.

The writing to the blank is strictly a matter of CloneDVD telling Windows, "here's the data. Do it" so we're either looking at a super coincidence here or something else is in the bushes.

Another dumb question: What happens if you simply let CloneDVD burn the VIDEO_TS off the DVD w/o creating an ISO? ;)

Do not post multiple threads about the exact same thing, please. Click the link in my signature, and read fully. :policeman:

That may have nothing to do with VCD. That has everything to do with you producing a bad burn--or creating a bad rip in the first place. VCD is not necessarily the cause of the bad burn.

I installed VCD last week, and all the food in my fridge disappeared. The two incidents are not are not necessarily related.

1. Although it appears that most .iso files are burning correctly, I am having issue with one newly released DVD in particular, "Dr. Bronner's Magical Soapbox"

I do not help people with .isos.

Use the original disc, and provide all the requested troubleshooting information from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302

Start by updating Anydvd.

Does the Virtual Clone program interfere with the ripping, backup, burning process?

No. I can't reproduce this on thee separate computers. Plus all the moderators would be complaining as well.

I will address it separately, in a different thread

Remain in this one.

Last edited:
Hi Frank,
I am burning at 8X and use good media, as always.

Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302, and provide all the requested troubleshooting information.

Last weekend I experienced this awful problem after updating and using Virtual Clone - my g: drive disappeared.

Your registry's filter stack was messed up. A filter was listed in your registry, but the corresponding driver wasn't actually on your hard drive. In those situations, Windows makes your optical drives poof.

The ONLY resolution that I could get was to completely uninstall all of my Elby software and reinstall my burner drivers.

That makes sense, considering your registry's filter stack was messed up.

Last edited:
PxHelp20 (System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys), Version: 3.0.83.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp20
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
FileVersion: 3.00.83a

A.
1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order
4. Select "PxHelp20". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
5. Reboot

For Virtual Clonedrive, do the following:

a) Download VCD: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5433.exe
b) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
c) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
d) Install
e) Reboot
f) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

Last edited:
I have entered other issues that have occurred yesterday, this morning and last week on the appropriate forums - but this problem is specific to a particular DVD that I am attempting to backup - Dr. Bronner's Magical Soapbox.
I did email it to Slysoft, but, since it might not be a new encryption issue, I want to post it here, also.
I use good media, burn at 8X. I have created two different backup files of the DVD and with each backup, .iso file, the same thing occurs when I am attempting to burn the .iso file to a blank dvd - once the process reaches about 50-60% it stops, errors out saying that there is a file or reading error.

1) Explain how you are creating this .iso (using what program and method?)

2) Use the original disc, and provide all requested troubleshooting information: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302

Hi Frank,
Thank you for your patience with me, I'm newer (only been doing it a few years, with SS about 2.5 years, at most) and I will do the best that I can to answer the questions that you posed - in order that you asked them except for this one about stopping the burning process on Dr. Bronner's -

1. Dr. Bronners Magical Soapbox - I didn't physically stop it - I was sitting across from my burner and up popped this warning that there was an error reading the file.... all FOUR times - 2X on the first .iso file created and 2X with the new .iso file created.

2. I use AnyDVD for two reasons and was not aware of an issue with having it run in the background when a disc has no protection -
reason
a. I don't know if there is protection on a DVD until after AnyDVD runs through it right after I insert the DVD into my drive.
b. As I noted above, I was never told any different and I have been using AnyDVD before BluRay was commonplace - before I even actually owned my SS Suite of software - when I was still considering it and testing it the year before I bought - and my understanding of the software is that it is not just for BluRay but it also works for regular discs - now, the regular AnyDVD will not process BluRay - but AnyDVD HD does process BOTH regular and BluRay media.

3. I don't use AnyDVD to create ISO files, but use CloneDVD to create them - if do not convert to an ISO file and attempt to burn the duplicated, compressed files directly to a blank dvd, the resulting dvd will not play. I've been told that the reason that the dvd will not play is because these file types are not readable by dvd players.

4. I am not sure of what you mean when you say, "you say that the ISO's play on their own, so that really rules out AnyDVD".
a) Please explain what "...ISO's play on their own..." - when, where or how did I say that?
b) I have never thought that it was necessarily an AnyDVD problem since the created ISO's files do play when I mount them into Virtual CloneDrive and play them using Power DVD.
c) The problem seems to be between VCD, CloneDVD (final burning process) and something on my computer - some sort of something going on between one, two or all three of these things since the iso file is fine and plays without flaw when using VCD.

5.Explain "super coincidence" and give me some ideas of what you think might be "lurking in the bushes" or background. I was having issue with my VCD about two weeks ago - couldn't get the mount option to appear when I right clicked on the tray icon. So after attempting to open it up directly from the program file and still not being able to access most of the program (could only get that small settings box to show) - so I reinstalled the program which then made the other options, the rest of the program that previously was missing, this made it visible. But, within a couple of days of this new download, right after I used the VCD this other time on last Friday, my dvd-rom drive DISAPPEARED! Additionally, before it disappeared, I had made a number of backup dvd's - a couple of them had problems (stuttering, doppling then stopping), but, after realizing that I had left the wireless internet connection on and had a browser page open, once I shut these two things down - the few backups that I made worked out ok - but then the dirve disappeared!
After spending the rest of the day on Friday and part of the next day, the 4th of July - I had read several different comments by other VCD users in different forums who mentioned that VCD interacted with the drivers and corrupted existing dvd-rom drivers. On the second day, after spending appx. 6 hours researching the problem and attempting to find new dvd-rom drivers, I uninstalled my SS software, restarted my computer, uninstalled my dvd-rom (it was still available in my hardware listing - but had an exclamation point next to it), rebooted my computer and, as it was loading items, it "found" an "new" piece of hardware, the dvd-rom player and it loaded up the drivers. I reinstalled my SS software - EXCEPT VCD - had some movies I was backing up, they turned out fine.
Now, during the middle of this past week, I reinstalled VCD, used it one time, then, when attempting to backup more of my movies yesterday and this morning, I have been having these problems again - except, my dvd-rom drive is still available and visible in the "my computer" drives menu.

So, this is how I have come to the conclusion that there may be some sort of interaction between CVD and CloneDVD when I am in the final disc burning stage.

Maybe it isn't VCD alone, maybe it is a combination of interactions - ie: even though I have Norton shut down, turned off, maybe it is interacting with it now that I have started utilizing VCD regularly over this past 2-3 weeks.

I never used to use VCD in the past - might have used it a total of 3 times (at most) since I have been a SS software owner (nearly 3 years).

Also, I did run through that check list of items mentioned by several SS moderators (Drink Lye or Dye???) and a SS software developer (Brian) - downloaded the latest ImgBurn and used their tool for searching for drivers - and I didn't have any of the conflicting drivers that were mentioned in this forum.

So, Frank, I have always made my backups this way because this is how I was instructed to make them from the beginnning and, until this previous 2 weeks - I have had very little problem - just an occassional issue infrequently.

lmc

Hi Frank,
Thank you for your patience with me, I'm newer (only been doing it a few years, with SS about 2.5 years, at most) and I will do the best that I can to answer the questions that you posed - in order that you asked them except for this one about stopping the burning process on Dr. Bronner's -

1. Dr. Bronners Magical Soapbox - I didn't physically stop it - I was sitting across from my burner and up popped this warning that there was an error reading the file.... all FOUR times - 2X on the first .iso file created and 2X with the new .iso file created.

2. I use AnyDVD for two reasons and was not aware of an issue with having it run in the background when a disc has no protection -
reason
a. I don't know if there is protection on a DVD until after AnyDVD runs through it right after I insert the DVD into my drive.
b. As I noted above, I was never told any different and I have been using AnyDVD before BluRay was commonplace - before I even actually owned my SS Suite of software - when I was still considering it and testing it the year before I bought - and my understanding of the software is that it is not just for BluRay but it also works for regular discs - now, the regular AnyDVD will not process BluRay - but AnyDVD HD does process BOTH regular and BluRay media.

3. I don't use AnyDVD to create ISO files, but use CloneDVD to create them - if do not convert to an ISO file and attempt to burn the duplicated, compressed files directly to a blank dvd, the resulting dvd will not play. I've been told that the reason that the dvd will not play is because these file types are not readable by dvd players.

4. I am not sure of what you mean when you say, "you say that the ISO's play on their own, so that really rules out AnyDVD".
a) Please explain what "...ISO's play on their own..." - when, where or how did I say that?
b) I have never thought that it was necessarily an AnyDVD problem since the created ISO's files do play when I mount them into Virtual CloneDrive and play them using Power DVD.
c) The problem seems to be between VCD, CloneDVD (final burning process) and something on my computer - some sort of something going on between one, two or all three of these things since the iso file is fine and plays without flaw when using VCD.

5.Explain "super coincidence" and give me some ideas of what you think might be "lurking in the bushes" or background. I was having issue with my VCD about two weeks ago - couldn't get the mount option to appear when I right clicked on the tray icon. So after attempting to open it up directly from the program file and still not being able to access most of the program (could only get that small settings box to show) - so I reinstalled the program which then made the other options, the rest of the program that previously was missing, this made it visible. But, within a couple of days of this new download, right after I used the VCD this other time on last Friday, my dvd-rom drive DISAPPEARED! Additionally, before it disappeared, I had made a number of backup dvd's - a couple of them had problems (stuttering, doppling then stopping), but, after realizing that I had left the wireless internet connection on and had a browser page open, once I shut these two things down - the few backups that I made worked out ok - but then the dirve disappeared!
After spending the rest of the day on Friday and part of the next day, the 4th of July - I had read several different comments by other VCD users in different forums who mentioned that VCD interacted with the drivers and corrupted existing dvd-rom drivers. On the second day, after spending appx. 6 hours researching the problem and attempting to find new dvd-rom drivers, I uninstalled my SS software, restarted my computer, uninstalled my dvd-rom (it was still available in my hardware listing - but had an exclamation point next to it), rebooted my computer and, as it was loading items, it "found" an "new" piece of hardware, the dvd-rom player and it loaded up the drivers. I reinstalled my SS software - EXCEPT VCD - had some movies I was backing up, they turned out fine.
Now, during the middle of this past week, I reinstalled VCD, used it one time, then, when attempting to backup more of my movies yesterday and this morning, I have been having these problems again - except, my dvd-rom drive is still available and visible in the "my computer" drives menu.

So, this is how I have come to the conclusion that there may be some sort of interaction between CVD and CloneDVD when I am in the final disc burning stage.

Maybe it isn't VCD alone, maybe it is a combination of interactions - ie: even though I have Norton shut down, turned off, maybe it is interacting with it now that I have started utilizing VCD regularly over this past 2-3 weeks.

I never used to use VCD in the past - might have used it a total of 3 times (at most) since I have been a SS software owner (nearly 3 years).

Also, I did run through that check list of items mentioned by several SS moderators (Drink Lye or Dye???) and a SS software developer (Brian) - downloaded the latest ImgBurn and used their tool for searching for drivers - and I didn't have any of the conflicting drivers that were mentioned in this forum.

So, Frank, I have always made my backups this way because this is how I was instructed to make them from the beginnning and, until this previous 2 weeks - I have had very little problem - just an occassional issue infrequently.

lmc

Webslinger,

Sorry about that, I didn't see that you wanted me to reattach. Here are the attachments.

I am unsure of what you are talking about when you say, "What color is the bottom of this disc?"

Thank you for your assistance,
lmc

Attachments

• CloneDVDBronner.jpg
    CloneDVDBronner.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_6.5.5.9_Info_G_BRONNER_MSB.zip
    121.5 KB · Views: 0
Webslinger,

Sorry about that, I didn't see that you wanted me to reattach.

I don't want you to reattach.

I want you to click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302, and follow the steps, step by step, which you haven't done. The screenshot is not useful. You're not using the latest Anydvd version. You haven't provided me with media codes. You haven't provided full error messages.

I also want you to do this:
1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order
4. Select "PxHelp20". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
5. Reboot

I am unsure of what you are talking about when you say, "What color is the bottom of this disc?"

Take the Dr. Bronners Magical Soapbox dvd. Turn it over. What color is the bottom of the disc?

Last edited:
I am using only SS software - AnyDVD 6.5.5.9, CloneDVD 2.9.2.2 and, to test the .iso's once I have had a bad burn onto my blank media, I have been using Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.2 with PowerDVD.
I have turned everything off during the final burn stage (when burning on to my blank media) including AnyDVD, my antivirus software, my internet connection and I shut down all unnessary browsers, folders, etc - and I am still having problems with ALL output and the issue with Dr. Bronner's (not completing the burn - errorring out at 50-60% complete).
lmc

Take the Dr. Bronners Magical Soapbox dvd. Turn it over. What color is the bottom of the disc?

I just looked this disc up at Amazon. It does appear to be region free. So the original disc could be unprotected as well.

I'm not sure if it actually conforms to a normal video-dvd standard. I would try this method with Clonecd (not Clonedvd) instead: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 (but don't do that just yet; just provide the information I'm asking for)

Last edited:
Back