• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.3 beta

Interesting. Well, I have two Vista x64 SP1 systems that I am not using any other Slysoft software other than AnyDVD and VCD. I use Imgburn to create my ISO's, both ripping a DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD disk and creating one from a folder. I'm wondering if you have compatibility issues rather than something wrong with VCD.

Oh, and do make sure that if you were originally running Daemon-Tools and removed it, or if you are using Alcohol 120, that you remove the SPTD component as it is not removed by DT's uninstaller. You have to download the SPTD installer package, and the uninstall. I have seen this conflict with VCD before.

Locking Computer Update

At the moment I can only say that all my ISO's are created by CloneDVD2 direct from a DVD (rather than a file). I have yet to try a HD/Blue Ray. The machines history is very simple... Brand new. Installed Office 2007, all the Windows Updates (less language packs), Java, Flash, CutePDF, Skype, and now updated drivers. Other than that it has only seen the CloneDVD2, Clone CD, Any DVD HD, and VCD.... Simple - not even games. Wish I could say more or provide some kind of error message...

What a mess... I uninstalled VCD and now I lost my physical DVD DRIVE :bang:

In the Device Manager I get:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Resolved modifying the LowerFilters key in the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

It seems to me a bug. The uninstallation did not removed the VCD filter.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

VCD Filter? What VCD filter?

Uh, there is no VCD filter driver.

At the moment I can only say that all my ISO's are created by CloneDVD2 direct from a DVD (rather than a file). I have yet to try a HD/Blue Ray. The machines history is very simple... Brand new. Installed Office 2007, all the Windows Updates (less language packs), Java, Flash, CutePDF, Skype, and now updated drivers. Other than that it has only seen the CloneDVD2, Clone CD, Any DVD HD, and VCD.... Simple - not even games. Wish I could say more or provide some kind of error message...
I believe that CloneDVD or CloneCD is causing the compatibility issues you are experiencing. I had CloneCD installed on one of my machines, and it caused nothing but problems with VCD. I removed it, along with VCD, and reinstalled VCD. No more issues with the current Beta. I would strongly suggest you remove all of the installed Slysoft software, installed AnyDVD then VCD. Use Imgburn to rip your DVD's. You will need to have AnyDVD enabled in order to rip most current DVD's, as they have some sort of structural protection that prevents then from being copied. Or, you can use the "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk" (right-click on the fox icon in your system tray) feature of AnyDVD.

I believe that CloneDVD or CloneCD is causing the compatibility issues you are experiencing.
All these problems are fixed in VCD 5.4.0.4...

Hey James,
I uninstalled VCD and also got the missing drives. So with the latest beta, i'm assuming you are saying that the missing drives issue is resolved??

The reason i uninstalled it was because i was getting crashes whenever i tried to play dvd or blu ray. Sometimes i could watch an entire move, but most times the system would blue screen.

Does the latest beta resolve that issue?

By the way, this is one of my client computers so i don't have AnyDVD, CloneDVD, etc loaded. Just what is necessary to play back video.

I'll give the latest beta a try and see what happens.

VCD Filter? What VCD filter?
I found a string in LowerFilters string like this. Two values separated by a space:

LowerFilters = "elby AnyDVD"

But unfortunately I don't remember exactly the syntax of the first value. Maybe has been put by the 5.3.1.2 version?

BTW, it's no more important. I uninstalled all previous versions, included the two oem.inf with:

"pnputil -e"

and

"pnputil -d oem###.inf"

Now with the new 5.4.0.4 I have not problem at all. Great job guys.

Back