• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.3 beta

Well, in my own tests DT 4.x has a "bad influence" on other port drivers. I have no idea why this happens, but they probably monitor drivers or hook them ... dunno.

I have just finished testing of the influence of DT on Blu-ray copying speed, which I decided to do out of pure curiosity after reading related posts in AnyDVD HD forum. And I did not find such influence in my tests. I was copying an original "POTC 2" Blu-ray disc to hard drive. In the first test I was using a program called "Blu-ray disc ripper" to perform both copying and decrypting, and AnyDVD was disabled. In the second test I was using the same tool for copying only, while AnyDVD was enabled to perform on the fly decrypting. In both tests the copying speed was 8.6 MB/s, and copying took just under 1 hour and 20 minutes. The Panasonic Blu-ray drive in my Sony laptop is capable of 2x speed, which is 9 MB/s. So the presense of DT together with its sptd driver did not affect copying at all in my case. Tomorrow I'm going to test copying with Windows Explorer as well, but it's already clear that even if it performs at lower speed, it's an issue of Windows Explorer, and not AnyDVD or DT.

Last edited:
I have just finished testing of the influence of DT on Blu-ray copying speed, which I decided to do out of pure curiosity after reading related posts in AnyDVD HD forum. And I did not find such influence in my tests. I was copying an original "POTC 2" Blu-ray disc to hard drive. In the first test I was using a program called "Blu-ray disc ripper" to perform both copying and decrypting, and AnyDVD was disabled. In the second test I was using the same tool for copying only, while AnyDVD was enabled to perform on the fly decrypting. In both tests the copying speed was 8.6 MB/s, and copying took just under 1 hour and 20 minutes. The Panasonic Blu-ray drive in my Sony laptop is capable of 2x speed, which is 9 MB/s. So the presense of DT together with its sptd driver did not affect copying at all in my case. Tomorrow I'm going to test copying with Windows Explorer as well, but it's already clear that even if it performs at lower speed, it's an issue of Windows Explorer, and not AnyDVD or DT.

I think the problem is with Anydvd ripper in combination with DT.

And someone posted something about Alcohol; Alcohol's virtual drives are based on DT's. I'm pretty sure they share the same code. First DT's virtual drives get updated. Then later, so do Alcohol's.

Last edited:
I think the problem is with Anydvd ripper in combination with DT.

I have performed additional tests with Windows Explorer and AnyDVD ripper. The copying speed was the same - 8.6 MB/s in both tests. So I'm now happy to know that Daemon Tools do not cause any problems on my system.

I have performed additional tests with Windows Explorer and AnyDVD ripper. The copying speed was the same - 8.6 MB/s in both tests. So I'm now happy to know that Daemon Tools do not cause any problems on my system.

Then you are lucky! I was not so lucky, and after i removed SPTD, My machine was noticably faster.

What version of DT have you been testing with? What OS have you been testing with as well?

To say that you have been testing some piece of software and you have not experienced what others clearly have, and to not state what version(s) of software you have installed does not substantiate your claims. Please post specifics regarding your system. Not hardware, but software.

XP64 Does Not Work

Under XP X64 still the same as the other versions. Installs fine, reboots fine, no extra drives in explorer. If you go into device manager it shows that Virtual Clone Drive has a conflict. Just the "Yellow !" in front of it saying that it can not start.

I am also having the same issue with XP64. This is a new install of XP64 with SP2 on a Dell T3400 with 8GB of memory. Never had Alcohol or DT installed. When double clicking an iso image, the Application Event log has:

Faulting application vcdmount.exe, version 5.4.0.1, faulting module elbyvcd.dll, version 5.4.0.1, fault address 0x000012a5.

followed by a Dr. Watson message:

The application, C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 07/07/2008 @ 11:08:33.048 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 100012A5 (ElbyVCD!CloseVCCD)

I sure hope this can be fixed.

What version of DT have you been testing with? What OS have you been testing with as well?

To say that you have been testing some piece of software and you have not experienced what others clearly have, and to not state what version(s) of software you have installed does not substantiate your claims. Please post specifics regarding your system. Not hardware, but software.

I'm using 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP1, AnyDVD HD 6.4.5.3, Daemon Tools Lite 4.12.4. No antivirus installed. Computer is Sony VAIO AR49G (most software which came with it have been uninstalled). Blu-ray drive Panasonic UJ-220S.

Daemon Tools is the latest version (installed couple of days ago), but sptd driver seems to be the same as in previous one: the date of sptd.sys file is 17/03/2008 (It doesn't show version number, unfortunately).

Filters from ImgBurn:

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Last edited:
@scmeis1

There is a difference if it comes from DT or from SPTD (SPTD is developed by Duplex Secure).

@SuperGoof
It is SPTD 1.56.

Last edited:
I am also having the same issue with XP64. This is a new install of XP64 with SP2 on a Dell T3400 with 8GB of memory. Never had Alcohol or DT installed. When double clicking an iso image, the Application Event log has:

Faulting application vcdmount.exe, version 5.4.0.1, faulting module elbyvcd.dll, version 5.4.0.1, fault address 0x000012a5.

followed by a Dr. Watson message:

The application, C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 07/07/2008 @ 11:08:33.048 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 100012A5 (ElbyVCD!CloseVCCD)

I sure hope this can be fixed.
VCD currently doesn't work with XP64.

There is a difference if it comes from DT or from SPTD (SPTD is developed by Duplex Secure).

What is the difference? I found the web site of Duplex Secure and downloaded SPTD 1.56 installer. When I run it, it says "Same SPTD version (1.56) was detected." and shows 3 buttons: "Update", "Uninstall" and "Cancel". I selected "Cancel". :) To me, it looks like DT just uses dll provided by Duplex Secure.

The Duplex Secure web site also says in F.A.Q.:

Basically SPTD is similar to other access layers used by other programs (eg. ASPI from Adaptec, or standard SPTI from Microsoft) who provide access to storage devices but it has a lot more features that make this interface unique.

The key feature of SPTD is its ability to provide direct control of devices without risk of compromising it by some malicious 3rd party filter drivers or other "rootkit" applications that are common today - this is the main goal of SPTD development for organizations and applications where it currently used.

Maybe then VCD can use SPTD interface if it finds it present instead of using workarounds? :)

James,

Back on my issue of having to mount stuff twice in order for it to autoplay after the first mounting....

I posted in the My Movies forum as well and got this response for that particular program:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\My Movies\ImageMounter
ParmsMount

Changed from:
"{0}"
To:
/L=i: "{0}"

"Change "i" with the letter of the VCD letter that is mounted"......!!!!!

That worked for within My Movies, I only have to select the movie once and it plays without issue using VCD as the mounting software. I am not sure if that helps any, but I still have to mount things twice from the explorer shell or directly from the drive letter.

Thanks,

Error Messages After running VDC

James, I uninstalled VDC and rebooted. Re-installed VDC 5.4.0.3 and rebooted. Clicked on an ISO and within a couple minutes Vista rebooted rather than hang as before with no error messges. I went to the event log and found the following errors 3 times:

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom1.

I clicked the online help and Microsoft produced the following additional information where it talks about a cable problem. Hard to have a cable problem with VDC... Any thoughts what may be causing this? I would sure like VDC to work on my Vista x32 machine.

Events and Errors Message Center
Back to Search

If any search results are shown below, they represent this event's explanations and user actions for earlier versions of the product. Although this content is not specifically applicable to the version of the product that you are running on your computer, you might find the information to be of value.

Results 1 - 2 of 2 for: Microsoft product: Windows Operating System; Version: 6.0.6000.16386; ID: 11; Event Source: cdrom;

Microsoft product: Windows Operating System Version: 5.0 Event Source: cdrom ID: 11
The driver detected a controller error on %1.
Microsoft product: Windows Operating System Version: 5.2 Event Source: cdrom ID: 11
The driver detected a controller error on %1.

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 11
Source: cdrom
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: IO_ERR_CONTROLLER_ERROR

Explanation
This problem is typically caused by a failing cable that connects the drive to the computer.

User Action
Replace the cable.

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 11
Source: cdrom
Version: 5.0
Component: System Event Log
Symbolic Name: IO_ERR_CONTROLLER_ERROR

Explanation
This problem is typically caused by a failing cable that connects the drive to the computer.

User Action
Replace the cable.

Additional Info

I also find the physical CD and VDC are different device types - meaning ATA VS SCSI. Would this cause any issues? I don't know much about hardware. Please see the enclosed file.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 8
James,

Back on my issue of having to mount stuff twice in order for it to autoplay after the first mounting....

I posted in the My Movies forum as well and got this response for that particular program:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\My Movies\ImageMounter
ParmsMount

Changed from:
"{0}"
To:
/L=i: "{0}"

"Change "i" with the letter of the VCD letter that is mounted"......!!!!!

That worked for within My Movies, I only have to select the movie once and it plays without issue using VCD as the mounting software. I am not sure if that helps any, but I still have to mount things twice from the explorer shell or directly from the drive letter.

Thanks,

I am also having the same issues. Figured I would backup his claim.

And you have upgraded to 5.4.0.3? I did and the issue went aware, as I was the one who posted that fix over on the MM forums.

VCD in XP SP2 compatibility mode works. Vista mode not so good...

Well out of shear frustration with VCD 5.4.0.3 locking up my Vostro 1700 Vista 32 machine every time I try to play an ISO I decided to see if all the drivers and Windows Updates were current. Perhaps an old driver was not playing well with VCD…. Windows Updates were current. I purchased a copy of Driver Detective and found 15 drivers to be old. I updated all those. I downloaded Any DVD HD 6.4.5.3 beta just in case. Still no joy. Each time I try to play an ISO (created with CloneDVD2 2.9.1.9) the machine locks up in seconds with no error message – just the sound chirping away like a stuck CD…. Another symptom I noticed was the sound and images were out of synch. The image tended to get behind and skip a bit.

After walking away for a while it occurred to me to try VCD in XP SP2 compatibility mode. I found the VCD directory and changed all the .EXE files in the directory to work in XP SP2 compatibility mode and rebooted. I sat down and successfully viewed three ISO files over the next hour. It worked perfectly! Absolutely flawless!

I posted in an earlier note I am able to copy a DVD to the HD (no ISO) and play the raw file with Media player just fine. It is perfectly clear there are problems with VCD 5.4.0.3 beta working with Vista 32 and Media Player 11. Again, in an earlier post I offered to try and capture logging information if someone can tell me how to turn on logging.

Shadow,

Sorry, I have been away from this issue for a while. Yes, I have the most current beta version of VCD and your fix that I used for MM does work without an issue.

Unfortunately I am still having the same mounting issue when mounting directly from windows explorer. After I mount the first movie after reboot, each one following requires me to double click the iso two separate times. After the second set and second mounting it works without an issue and plays in WMC.

Well out of shear frustration with VCD 5.4.0.3 locking up my Vostro 1700 Vista 32 machine every time I try to play an ISO I decided to see if all the drivers and Windows Updates were current. Perhaps an old driver was not playing well with VCD…. Windows Updates were current. I purchased a copy of Driver Detective and found 15 drivers to be old. I updated all those. I downloaded Any DVD HD 6.4.5.3 beta just in case. Still no joy. Each time I try to play an ISO (created with CloneDVD2 2.9.1.9) the machine locks up in seconds with no error message – just the sound chirping away like a stuck CD…. Another symptom I noticed was the sound and images were out of synch. The image tended to get behind and skip a bit.
Same problems here, included the windows event message about the \device\cdrom1.

Back