• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.3 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Finally, a unified Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/XP64/Vista/Vista64 version.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5403.exe

This should (hopefully) fix all problems from the previous beta. Installer has been improved to avoid accidental double installation of the driver. BSOD on Vista64 should be fixed, as well as hanging I/O in rare situations.

With the previous versions, the system would crash if Daemon Tools / Alcohol was installed on the machine.... :mad: .... a workaround for this problem was added.

Have fun testing!

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.0.3: 2008 07 05
- New: Added support for Windows Vista 64
- Many internal changes and improvements
- Updated languages

James,

Well, my first test, as with the other betas was to go into my DVD folder and double click an iso file. The first one mounts and plays in WMC without issue. After exiting WMC, and double clicking a different title it mounts but does not autoplay, upon double clicking that title again, it will then re-mount and play in WMC.

I then switched the autoplay selection to intervideo player, no reboot, just the switch. The first file I tried, mounted and auto played without issue. The second file followed the same pattern as with WMC.

Is there anything else I can do to try helping to figure out what is going on? This issue presents itself when using My Movies as well and that is my ultimate goal.

Thanks for your help.

System:
E8400
550W Corsair Power
2 GB Gskill Ram
750 gb WD HD
Vista Ultimate 32 SP1
MSI GeForce 8800GT 512 MB

Last edited:
James,

Well, my first test, as with the other betas was to go into my DVD folder and double click an iso file. The first one mounts and plays in WMC without issue. After exiting WMC, and double clicking a different title it mounts but does not autoplay, upon double clicking that title again, it will then re-mount and play in WMC.

I then switched the autoplay selection to intervideo player, no reboot, just the switch. The first file I tried, mounted and auto played without issue. The second file followed the same pattern as with WMC.

Is there anything else I can do to try helping to figure out what is going on? This issue presents itself when using My Movies as well and that is my ultimate goal.

Thanks for your help.

System:
E8400
550W Corsair Power
2 GB Gskill Ram
750 gb WD HD
Vista Ultimate 32 SP1
MSI GeForce 8800GT 512 MB

Do you see the same behaviour when you mount files using the Windows Explorer shell?

I want to be sure I understand what you are asking. By windows explorer shell, do you mean the display I get when I double click on COMPUTER from the desktop?

If so, then yes. That is where I am navigating to select the iso's. See below,

photo

Sorry, just wasn't clear on the shell :)

If this is not the method you meant, just let me know.

Thank you.

I want to be sure I understand what you are asking. By windows explorer shell, do you mean the display I get when I double click on COMPUTER from the desktop?

If so, then yes. That is where I am navigating to select the iso's. See below,

photo

Sorry, just wasn't clear on the shell :)

If this is not the method you meant, just let me know.

Thank you.
Sorry, I meant right clicking the VCD Disc icon, Virtual CloneDrive -> Mount ....

James,

Yes, I get the same results when I right click the actual VCD drive and select mount. I have to mount the same movie twice in order for it to begin to play.

James,

Yes, I get the same results when I right click the actual VCD drive and select mount. I have to mount the same movie twice in order for it to begin to play.
Can you please try this:

Start Taskmanager, (CTRL-Shift-ESC), and kill the process VCDDaemon.exe

Now mount some ISOs. Any change in behaviour?
(Do not start VCDPrefs during this test, as it will re-launch VCDDaemon.exe. Do not change drive letters during this test)

EDIT: I mean, don't change the drive letter assignment with Windows disk manager, while VCDDaemon isn't running.

James,

Another question: Is this with or without AnyDVD running?

James,

If you double-click on the "inserted" image drive, does it play? Or does the drive window open?

OK, to answer a few of your questions...

AnyDVD is not running.

When I mount something to the VCD drive the first time (ie. mount and it does not autoplay) and then double click the icon for that virtual drive, it begins the movie with the selected player.

As for disableing the VCDDaemon.exe there was no change in behavior.

Thanks again for working with me on this.

Beta Testing VDC for Vostro

I would like to help provide additional information in the effort to get VDC ready for Vista. I have a Vostro 1700 w/Vista SP1. In all attempts to run an ISO with VCD the machine locks up. Just to verify the issue was VDC I tried uninstalling VDC, copying a DVD to the hard drive and running it from Media Player and it works fine. Playing the DVD in the physical drive works fine. Is there a way to turn on VDC logging? When the machine locks there has been no error messages I am aware of.

Under XP X64 still the same as the other versions. Installs fine, reboots fine, no extra drives in explorer. If you go into device manager it shows that Virtual Clone Drive has a conflict. Just the "Yellow !" in front of it saying that it can not start.

Still Issues...

Hi James,

I did not use/test VCD since I did some testing outlined in this thread partly because I did not have time and partly because I wanted to wait several versions for bugs to be fixed. Finally installed version 5.4.0.3, mounted an original (e.g. encrypted) image of "Pirates 2", enabled AnyDVD 6.4.5.3, launched PowerDVD to play the movie, and at the same time launched "Beyond Compare" to do binary comparison between decrypted files on hard drive and files on mounted image, decrypted on the fly by AnyDVD. The comparison went certainly better than last time, but eventually it still encountered some mismatch in the main .m2ts file. I waited until comparison of other files finished, and decided to compare that failed file again. And after some time, I got "Blu Screen" and my computer restarted. After that, I repeated the experiment mounting the image with Daemon Tools, and this time it went flawlessly. I'm using 32-bit Vista SP1.

So the bottom line is that VCD still needs some work on it.

Hi James,

I did not use/test VCD since I did some testing outlined in this thread partly because I did not have time and partly because I wanted to wait several versions for bugs to be fixed. Finally installed version 5.4.0.3, mounted an original (e.g. encrypted) image of "Pirates 2", enabled AnyDVD 6.4.5.3, launched PowerDVD to play the movie, and at the same time launched "Beyond Compare" to do binary comparison between decrypted files on hard drive and files on mounted image, decrypted on the fly by AnyDVD. The comparison went certainly better than last time, but eventually it still encountered some mismatch in the main .m2ts file. I waited until comparison of other files finished, and decided to compare that failed file again. And after some time, I got "Blu Screen" and my computer restarted. After that, I repeated the experiment mounting the image with Daemon Tools, and this time it went flawlessly. I'm using 32-bit Vista SP1.

So the bottom line is that VCD still needs some work on it.
Did you have DT or Alcohol installed on your machine while performing your tests?

Did you have DT or Alcohol installed on your machine while performing your tests?

Yes, I kept DT installed while testing, but no images were mounted with it. Likewise, VCD was still installed when I was doing test with DT after the crash. No "Alcohol" here. :)

Last edited:
Yes, I kept DT installed while testing, but no images were mounted with it. Likewise, VCD was still installed when I was doing test with DT after the crash. No "Alcohol" here. :)

Well, in my own tests DT 4.x has a "bad influence" on other port drivers. I have no idea why this happens, but they probably monitor drivers or hook them ... dunno.

I would remove DT and it's corrisponding SPTD driver, remove VCD and AnyDVD completely. Then, do a fresh install of VCD, then AnyDVD.

Well, in my own tests DT 4.x has a "bad influence" on other port drivers. I have no idea why this happens, but they probably monitor drivers or hook them ... dunno.

I concur. I have had issues with the SPTD driver that DT utilizes, and other hardware-based emulation tools.

DT never ever interfere with other drivers.

I wouldn't say "never ever." ;) Go watch "An American Tail" if you haven't seen it before.

James, I have had zero issues with playback of any of my ISO's (DVD, HD-DVD, or Blu-ray) on both of my Vista Ultimate x64 systems. I did a straight upgrade from 5.4.0.2 to 5.4.0.3. However, since these are Beta versions, I would recommend to anyone that they first remove VCD and then re-install.

I have direct access to the devs of DT.

If you guys have some questions regarding DT (only SlySoft Staff), pm me and i will sent you the proper email address.
EDIT: My colleague already contacted you.

Last edited:
Back