• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unloading my Frustration Regarding AnyDVD License

Dolly21749

Years ago I purchased Clone DVD and Any DVD bundled for about $30 from Slysoft. I don't remember the exact amount, but it was under $50. I have done constant updates and reinstalled a few times due to getting a new computer, new hard drive, etc., with no problems. We recently had to replace our hard drive. I installed my old version of Any DVD and tried to do the latest update. I am now finding out that Slysoft is out of business and has been taken over by a new company. In order to update now, I must pay the equivalent of $125 American dollars.

While I am very sorry about the whole Slysoft situation, it is not the fault of their former customers. I feel that the new company, Red Fox, should honor the old licenses. To now have to pay four times as much for something I have already paid for is ridiculous, so am refusing to do it. I know there is nothing they will do about it, but I just needed to vent. Does anyone else feel this is unfair?

Not this again, we understand your frustration but it's not the fault of redfox either. The only ones to blame are the MPAA/AACS-LA. They're the ones that put the squeeze on antigua to shut slysoft down. 30$ bundle, i'm guessing thats around 10+ years you've been using both, which constitutes to about $3 a year for use of 2 products where one of them gets constant updates. How much would you do nowadays with $3 (even if you account for inflation), you think it's enough to pay rent, eat & live for a year? If you're lucky, maybe you'll be able to afford 1 bread. Good luck lasting on it for a year.

Then there's the fact that notices have been posted since february about what has been going on and what would happen. You have to keep in mind that redfox had to start from scratch. They didn't have the financials slysoft had to pay for servers, staff,... When Slysoft shut down and redfox took over, they also released 5 interim versions without any income whatsoever to work with the redfox OPD. Did they have to do that? Not at all. There also was no choice but to issue new licenses. No income = no anydvd development, no development = AnyDVD is dead and so is your ability to make disc backups.

If they hadn't even released 5 interim updates, your anydvd would have died overnight back in february.

There's nothing ridiculous about it, prices are still cheaper than what they were in the slysoft days since the currency change in 2009. Anyone else think unfair? Hmm, that has been discussed and beaten to death for months now in oh, a couple dozen topics ever since slysoft got shut down.

This was Already Diskussed a thousand Times and yes a lot of Guys are feeling like you. Slysoft does not Any longer exist so there will not be updates on theyr end of live product, nevertheless Last Any version will work proberly At least for Recent Discs it just does not have Access to the opd.

If you want to copy actual dvd or bluray, you Need to rebuy a new licence from redfox. Unfortunately you missed the introduction discount.

This is what I talked about in another post, an old member signing in as a new member today, doing the same old post complaining. If it was the same member posting with his/her old handle with a sign in date of a year or more of membership, fine. Sounds like a paid troll to me. Sorry if legitimate.

Please stop making assumptions that it's an old member, there is no proof or any type of such indication. Just because anyone is a longtime user of anydvd, doesn't mean they should automatically have an equally long account on the forums. Anydvd usually works perfectly, thus the majority of the people have no need to come to the forums for support and create an account. Accusing someone to be a paid troll, without proof is unwarranted. I recommend you read forum rule #1 again.

Sorry, I meant a new member signing in as if he was an old member. Should have reread before posting. Think I said it better in second sentence, was just posting that a lot of complainers were joining on that day of post, last sentence was from the heart as well.

Excuse me, Wowzer, but this is the first time I have ever logged into this site. I didn't even know this forum existed until a couple of days ago. I am not a paid troll! I had no idea any of this was going on until I tried to download my previous versions onto a new hard drive and then do the upgrades. I am just upset that they aren't honoring the old licenses. You can call me a "complainer" if you want. I didn't know this had been discussed "a thousand times", and I was just trying to have a civil conversation to see how other people felt about it.

Nothing to excuse for. Don't worry about wowszer, not the first he makes that assumption. The thing is, there's nothing for them to honor. SLYSOFT sold you the license, SLYSOFT got shut down, SLYSOFT honored your license for the life of the company, feel free to complain but you need to do it to slysoft. If you can get a hold of the company / owner. RedFox isn't tied to slysoft. It's real simple. If anydvd is to survive and continue to be developed = they need cash. You can't eat software code or pay the bills with it. No cash = no anydvd. Your slysoft license will continue to work up to version 7695 which still works with over 150k discs, but that version no longer has access to the OPD which is required for blu-rays upto a year old.

I for one was thankful for the many years I got out of my Slysoft license. I am also thankful that Redfox even offered a lifetime license again. The product is so valuable to me, and I am sure other will agree, that I would have renewed a license every year to use AnyDVD HD. It's just that good !! I am just happy that Redfox decided to take on the project and keep AnyDVD HD alive. Much appreciated whatever the cost. (y)(y)

I think that probably like a lot of people, I can see both sides of this.

The fact it is the same people under a different banner I think has been a problem for many.

Also, like ive said before, the language is also a problem, that being, calling it a "Lifetime" licence.

DaGoatRancher, please take this in the way it is meant, very light hearted, I did smile at the irony of your post saying "I am also thankful that Redfox even offered a lifetime license again".

Now im NOT taking any sides on this, as Ive said, I can see both sides.

So what does it come down to, well its of course simple, its up to YOU what you do, i.e buy or not buy.

I think that probably like a lot of people, I can see both sides of this.

The fact it is the same people under a different banner I think has been a problem for many.

Also, like ive said before, the language is also a problem, that being, calling it a "Lifetime" licence.

DaGoatRancher, please take this in the way it is meant, very light hearted, I did smile at the irony of your post saying "I am also thankful that Redfox even offered a lifetime license again".

Now im NOT taking any sides on this, as Ive said, I can see both sides.

So what does it come down to, well its of course simple, its up to YOU what you do, i.e buy or not buy.

No problem rotty dog. I get the frustration of some so I can see both sides as well. I just choose to look at the bright side, which is a world with AnyDVD HD in it. (y)(y)

The end of Slysoft meant no "base of operations", no payment system, no OPD server system, no financial setup, no infrastructure, etc, etc. The people who remained and banded together were left with the code they were given and a prior Slysoft customer base, sure. What else? The software doesn't code itself. The OPD isn't magic just freely floating around us all ready to beam itself into AnyDVD, etc. It requires servers, data, bandwidth, an internet connection, redundancy, etc. So, while they may have had two of the things they sure as heck were lacking in any form of infrastructure and without that there's nothing and the code and customer base is meaningless.

Unfortunately, what happened happened. It sucks for everyone. But, as has already been said a thousand times would people prefer the developers and staff that decided to form the RedFox project just throw up their hands and walk? Even if they had I'm sure people would find a reason to argue, debate, and complain about that. In short, you can't please all the people all the time. Heck, you can't please some of the people some of the time and you actually can't please some people any of the time. The death of Slysoft was sudden and shocking. To keep things going decisions needed to be made.

Sure people can vent their frustration in a controlled manner, sure people can parse words and disagree on the exact meaning of a phrase, etc. At the end of the day, facts are facts. Either AnyDVD kept on going as a new project having shed its previous ownership - IOW Slysoft and all financial resources of the company which is an enormous loss, obviously - or it was dead in the water. To survive decisions needed to be made and money had to come from somewhere to fund it.

I for one was thankful for the many years I got out of my Slysoft license. I am also thankful that Redfox even offered a lifetime license again. The product is so valuable to me, I am just happy that Redfox decided to take on the project and keep AnyDVD HD alive. Much appreciated whatever the cost. (y)(y)

That is the part that I think gets lost in all this.
They DID NOT have to start REDFOX . They could've gone on and done something else. And this wonderful program would still be DEAD . End of story. Luckily and with the begging/support of this community they didn't and decided to stick their own necks out and give it a go FOR US. Again they didn't have to do any of this. And just that fact alone is why I had no problem with buying a REDFOX license to receive updates starting with V8. And actually I bought the other two RedFox products as well even though it wasn't required just to support the project. They had to relocate anything that was now their's, get new servers and support equipment. Amongst many, many other things and all that costs money. That came out of their pockets. So OUR SUPPORT through the purchase of licensing is vital for REDFOX to begin and continue devlopment of the best damn decrypter on the planet.

And just for the record I owned two SLYSOFT AnyDVDHD licenses. First one was purchased in 07 with CDVD and CCD then I upgraded it to support HD a few months later. And I didn't even have anything HD yet just wanted to support the team and the upgrade. Second one was purchased in 2010 with CDVDM and the now Dead GJ which I never even used. Don't play games on the PC really. Again wanted to support the company that stood up for our rights to Fair Use . So yes I was upset in the turn of events that led up to the Feb 22 2016 closure of Slysoft and the death of my licenses. The √π#®'s that get my anger is the corporation's and people that make up or support the AACS-LA and use lobbying to pay off politicians to control the making of policies . For their own gain and at the expense of the consumer.
Please research these companies and within reason and the law of your land, give them your dissatisfaction too.
And however much it costs you to purchase a RedFox license plus the costs of the now dead SLYSOFT ones. Is what I made sure they didn't get from me, and now I always think twice before a purchase of any of their products now. By looking for the comp product or a generic version. If the Fair Use Community as a whole were to apply financial pressure to these companies they will feel it. The bottom line is all they care about. Also contact your politicians and tell them your dissatisfaction.

Now,
To all the people that has any issue with purchasing a RedFox Lifetime License . They do offer a yearly or multi year license. And that can be converted to a Lifetime later if you decide to. But I myself purchased a Lifetime without a second thought. Because they weren't going to offer it. And since they did I thank them for it.

This was Already Diskussed a thousand Times and yes a lot of Guys are feeling like you. Slysoft does not Any longer exist so there will not be updates on theyr end of live product, nevertheless Last Any version will work proberly At least for Recent Discs it just does not have Access to the opd.

If you want to copy actual dvd or bluray, you Need to rebuy a new licence from redfox. Unfortunately you missed the introduction discount.

There was an introductory discount? Bah, I definitely missed out. I only just found out about this revival of the product. So far as I knew (literally until tonight), AnyDVD was dead and gone. I was actually hoping that they'd offer some sort of discount for previous lifetime license holders (**wink**wink**nudge**nudge**), now I find out they did, but it's already passed.

*sigh*

In any event, I agree with the sentiments of the other posters. This is not SlySoft, and they are under no obligation to recognize the licenses for the products purchased under the SlySoft name. Like nebo in the post above, I actually own lifetime licenses for both AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD (plus a license for CloneDVD), but I recognize that this new company - despite using the code and assets from before - is a completely new entity, and needs financial support to grow.

There's a decent chance there will be a new discount offer when the MasterCard issues are resolved.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. I don't need to update right at the moment, since my DVD discs still work with it, and I don't have any BluRay copies that don't work at the moment (save for one, and it came with a DVD copy as well). I'm willing to support them, but $123 USD (roughly) is a fair chunk of change at the moment.

*EDIT*
Eh, I changed my mind. Decided to go the BC route, because I forgot that my bank auto-rejects any foreign transactions.

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. I don't need to update right at the moment, since my DVD discs still work with it, and I don't have any BluRay copies that don't work at the moment (save for one, and it came with a DVD copy as well). I'm willing to support them, but $123 USD (roughly) is a fair chunk of change at the moment.

*EDIT*
Eh, I changed my mind. Decided to go the BC route, because I forgot that my bank auto-rejects any foreign transactions.
Nothing good comes cheap. 7.6.9.5 only works up til May 31, 2016 any other newer DVDs will not be work after that time so be forewarned. BR will not work since you need v8 to get the OPD access for BD copying.

Well, existing BDs that I've already run through AnyDVD will work (I know, I played one just a week or two ago), and I'm only running 7.6.4.0 (I didn't know about RedFox until last night). However, you'll note my edit where I changed my mind? That means I changed my mind, and decided to go ahead and purchase it, which I've already done. I just need to uninstall the old version, and install the new.

Well, existing BDs that I've already run through AnyDVD will work (I know, I played one just a week or two ago), and I'm only running 7.6.4.0 (I didn't know about RedFox until last night). However, you'll note my edit where I changed my mind? That means I changed my mind, and decided to go ahead and purchase it, which I've already done. I just need to uninstall the old version, and install the new.
Yes the BD+ disc's already seen by that machine. If it has Screenpass (playlist obfuscation) it must still connect to OPD for correct playlist to be displayed in status window.
Also you do not need to uninstall it. Unless you want the file location changed to a RedFox directory. Otherwise it will stay under the Slysoft directory. Which was set up that way for third-party software . The choice is yours. I will tell this as well it will create a RedFox listing in the start menu -> program files too.

Back