• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unloading my Frustration Regarding AnyDVD License

Imma just put my two cents out there, but the day slysoft went down was a seriously dark day for me. I have a humongous DVD Blu-Ray collection that I format shift for my ipad / apple tv / WD tv... I had even considered the competition for a moment... The FACT some of the developers got together and resurrected this project is just pure gold. I was willing to pay more to keep my freedom going.

Chevron has been on these forums helping on his own time since I can remember. He was made a moderator just recently for being so helpful. Calling him bias when he does the research and spreads the joy keeping info "legit" just has no basis here.

BTW I feel for people that had no idea SLYSOFT was shut down, but seriously aren't you happier the software will continue to work in another form?

You have the freedom to say I won't buy another license, that's the one thing NO one can take from you.

I have said before, I can see both sides of this and have no side.
However, we have to start from a point of honesty.

I have 3 Businesses, 2 are physical and one is Redfox-like, i.e. non physical Business based on the Internet only.

All 3 Businesses were started from scratch, i.e. no reputation, no customer base.

Truths:

1.. It is NOT difficult or expensive to start a Business.

2.. Anyone starting a Business would give their hind teeth to be already known/have a good reputation in the market and trusted. It is worth its weight in Gold.

Redfox are so lucky to start from this position.

3.. Anyone starting a Business would give their hind teeth to have the people needed already in place that:

a) Had all the skills needed to make the Business work. (i.e. did not need to find the people to make the Business work)

b) Already have a solid reputation with the customers.

Again, Redfox are so extremely lucky to start from this position.

So lets have some honesty here, and not the sob story of having to restart from scratch which is untrue and stupid phrases like “you cant eat s/w code” etc.

Recap, it is not hard or expensive to start a Business, especially this one.

I am neutral on this but as I say, start from a truth position so as NOT to wind people up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have said before, I can see both sides of this and have no side.
However, we have to start from a point of honesty.

I have 3 Businesses, 2 are physical and one is Redfox like, i.e. Internet based.

All 3 Businesses were started from scratch, i.e. no reputation, no customer base.
And since no on can verify the business claims that is a mute point. Last I read and saw you weren't part of RedFox like(like that makes any sense).

Truths:

1.. It is NOT difficult or expensive to start a Business.

2.. Anyone starting a Business would give their hind teeth to be already known/have a good reputation in the market and trusted. It is worth its weight in Gold.

Redfox are so lucky to start from this position.

3.. Anyone starting a Business would give their hind teeth to have the people needed already in place that:

a) Had all the skills needed to make the Business work. (i.e. did not need to find the people to make the Business work)

b) Already have a solid reputation with the customers.

Again, Redfox are so extremely lucky to start from this position.

So lets have some honesty here, and not the sob story of having to restart from scratch which is untrue and stupid phrases like “you cant eat s/w code” etc.

Recap, it is not hard or expensive to start a Business, especially this one.

I am neutral on this but as I say, start from a truth position so as NOT to wind people up.
Truth here is this is a rosy world view that hits the koolaid to hard that doesn't take into account Facts but wishful thinking. More misFacts again. Also since your not the RedFox private employee that had to pickup the pieces you shouldn't make claims you have nothing to support it with.

I think I warned you both a little while ago to be nice or ignore each other, or I will force a timeout for both of you. Rotty, read forum rule 1 again in regards to the 'obnoxious twat' accusation.

Back