• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble with Baraka?

I notice this thread is now "Resolved".

Yes, I did get a working rip in the end, but there is still something very strange going on between the LG drive and the Baraka disc, when Anydvd HD is enabled, and only with Anydvd HD.

I hope it doesn't happen again with more discs in the future.
Yes I agree, something is wrong. I'll check as soon as I receive my copy.

Well I didn't have any problems using my LG burner to rip, but maybe there's something different between the 2 types of drive (although I'm still wondering why yours has SATA in the name under XP when my burner doesn't)

Well I didn't have any problems using my LG burner to rip, but maybe there's something different between the 2 types of drive (although I'm still wondering why yours has SATA in the name under XP when my burner doesn't)

I wonder if it would be the same if it was "uninstalled" via Device Manager and then Scan for hardware changes was run to detect and reinstall the drive.

it would be interesting to know what the motherboard is, what bios it's on and what the controller is set to

Gigabyte GS-EP35-DS3 + Q6600 Quad core, 4GB 1066 Ram.

I'll have to check the other stuff, but it's running the latest chipset/SATA drivers from Gigabyte. From memory the LG combo drive is on the secondary Sata controller (although that could have been the old mobo..).

giga-byte's are notorious for having problems, also the chipset driver from the website won't be the latest as they never update them. Also check to see if you have it in AHCI mode as a lot of people have had problems with LG drives connected to Giga-byte boards in AHCI mode.
Also do you have it connected to the orange or purple sata socket?

Last edited:
99% sure AHCI is disabled in the Bios.

I think the LG drive is in a Purple Sata socket (one of 2), which is the secondary controller. My 4 main drives are on the 4 Orange sockets.

I don't think it's a hardware setup thing. Vista gave the drive the more normal name, and it behaved the same.

the purple sockets are raid sockets and are not really designed for Optical drives. I'm pretty sure if you plug the BD drive into the orange sockets it'll work fine and be shown as the right thing in windows XP

I have the same symptoms with my copy of Baraka.
Using the latest version of AnyDVDHD and latest firmware on my blu ray drive.

specs of my computer.
Windows XP 64bit
Asus p5w dh deluxe motherboard
q6600 cpu
4gb ram
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L (blu ray, hd dvd combo drive)

I cannot play blu ray or hd dvd without anydvdhd because winxp64 doesn't detect the disks unless the hdcp is removed.

if you want more information, fee free to reply and I will be happy to provide more information if needed.

Last edited:
Can you create an ISO file using Imgburn, with Anydvd exited?

Then mount the ISO with Virtual Clone Drive, active Anydvd and let it crack the virtual drive.

That's what worked for me.

I quit anyDVDHD, downloaded the latest version of Imgburn. I started ripping Baraka. At 49% there was an error.

The disk was scratch free and clean

Since it is occuring at 49%, I'm guessing it is something with the layer change, but I'm not sure.

I tested further and I am able to rip many other dual layer Blu Ray disks without errors.

Here is the message that Imgburn displayed

I/O Error

Device: [4:1:0] HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 AE B1 60 00 00 01 00
Interpretation: Read (01) - Sector 11448672

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 D8 10 90 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Unknown (CRC or ECC Error) (0x10, 0x90)

You have a bad disc or a slowly dying drive. Just because it plays and/or is "clean" doesn't mean the disc isn't defective. I suggest you get it replaced. See my bad disc guide for more assistance, however, you've already followed what it says to do and it still fails. That is a probable indication that the disc is bad.

Baraka is working fine with Beta 6.4.8.6.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_L_BARAKA.zip
    206.4 KB · Views: 3
Has anyone worked out the issue with Baraka, LG GGW-H20L and AnyDVD???

I have the US released Baraka Blu-Ray and cannot play on my PS3 (as it's the Australian version) due to the Region A coding on this BRD.

So I thought I would be able to rip the Region Coding and the Image/Folder to allow me to copy to a BR-R 50GB.

The AnyDVD read fails at 79%

Can anyone please help with this???

I have no problems with US Baraka, and have it on my harddrive now, sounds like a possible faulty disc, you could try disabling AnyDVD HD make an encrypted ISO using Imgburn then mount that image and use AnyDVD to remove the encryption from the ISO rather than the disc. If Imgburn doesn't copy the disc either then it's your disc or player

Has anyone worked out the issue with Baraka, LG GGW-H20L and AnyDVD???

I have the US released Baraka Blu-Ray and cannot play on my PS3 (as it's the Australian version) due to the Region A coding on this BRD.

So I thought I would be able to rip the Region Coding and the Image/Folder to allow me to copy to a BR-R 50GB.

The AnyDVD read fails at 79%

Can anyone please help with this???

Sounds like a bad disc, or even a smudge - BD's don't scratch easily but they are very sensitive to fingerprints. Had me going half way through this thread.

If you really get stuck, try making an ISO with IMGBURN - then you'll know if the disc can be read.

The anydvd ripper has been freezing for me on Vista, but eac3to direct from the disc or Imgburn work fine, it's not hardware.

I have no problems with US Baraka, and have it on my harddrive now, sounds like a possible faulty disc, you could try disabling AnyDVD HD make an encrypted ISO using Imgburn then mount that image and use AnyDVD to remove the encryption from the ISO rather than the disc. If Imgburn doesn't copy the disc either then it's your disc or player

I was wondering if any specific Baraka related changes were made in later builds? It works fine now, but I had consistent issues with the original build I tried it with, with two original discs.

Okay guys, I had already started the process again with AnyDVD when I had posted my previous message.

This time, it got stuck with slow read speeds at 82%, so I Paused AnyDVD and removed the disc, noticed a line going around the outer perimeter of the Blu-Ray disc (almost has me suspicious about the packaging with the disc possibly rubbing on the cardboard.) Anyway I cleaned it up, put it back in and it slowed once more, I did the same thing and eventually it finished.

Now I'm backing up to a 50GB, this movie will be worth it...
A) The Cost of the Original US Version
B) The Cost of the 50GB BD-R DL
C) Time spent worrying I wouldn't get it to work :)

Cheers for your help guys.

I was wondering if any specific Baraka related changes were made in later builds? It works fine now, but I had consistent issues with the original build I tried it with, with two original discs.
Not that I'm aware of, I ripped mine around the beginning of November with no issies and I wasn't on the latest build at that point, I only ever update when I get a problem

Back