• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Toy Story 3

It's the DVD's causing it.
AnyDVD is having to read a lot more of the disk to sort it all out.
That takes more time.

-W

Disney sure goes through a lot of trouble to put so much stuff on their DVDs.

I'm glad that I've got AnyDVD, because I won't get Toy Story 3 until later today, when the UPS Truck drops off the movie, and, I can use AnyDVD to remove all the extra Disney crap that I definitely don't want.

6.7.1.7 beta working for me as well. Just taking a really long time to copy the files to the HDD.

Ya ... a continual scan isn't a "crash" - it's just AnyDVD trying to sort out the DVD.
A "crash" is an unwanted termination of a program - usually with an error message.

-W

It's a nasty little disc for sure.

Code:
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.7.1.7)
MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ-220S 1.04 08072300
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2001456 sectors (3909 MBytes)
Total size: 3890736 sectors (7599 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: TOY_STORY_3
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Disney sure goes through a lot of trouble to put so much stuff on their DVDs.

I'm glad that I've got AnyDVD, because I won't get Toy Story 3 until later today, when the UPS Truck drops off the movie, and, I can use AnyDVD to remove all the extra Disney crap that I definitely don't want.

thank the maker!!!!

Clearing the smoke takes time

Reports coming in indicate up to 10 minutes may be needed to de-smoke this one from protections and bogus stuff. ;)

I'm surprised that all of Disney's crap will even fit on a standard DVD any more.

Toy Story 3 Rental New Disc

Same issue as others. AnyDVD just continues to scan the disc. Even with 6.7.1.7 on a Quad core 9600 that normally scans in moments. WHOA!
We are through scanning, approx. time 45 seconds.
I guess patience is a virtue after all. Look out Woody! Here we come!

Reports coming in indicate up to 10 minutes may be needed to de-smoke this one from protections and bogus stuff. ;)

It may "feel" like 10 minutes. In reality it is about 3.

Yes, please give it time to scan. It took about 10 minutes for mine to scan but it finally did complete. Once it completes, everything is fine.

6.7.1.0 worked good. 3 minutes to scan and about 12 minutes to rip. For regular DVD.

Kind of ridiculous needing to scan that long eh? My Asus/Lite-on drive (DRW-22B2S) doesn't like the disc. I let it scan for an easy 3 - 4min. Even more curious, as it's ejecting, it shows the log for the disc. I HAVE found in my experience that lite-on drives generally don't like disney dvds. Clearly, "Not all drives are created equal" would be an understatement indeed!

Looks like it took my Nec Optiarc 7200S around 5 minutes to scan it. That's not exaggerating...

At this point........
I'm just waiting to see who's going to come in without bothering to read anything (like this thread) and start thier own shiny new Toy Story 3 thread. :D

-W

I just read the whole thread. I know nothing more than I already did LOL! Regardless of version, everybody has to be patient while the disc scans. A few people suggested that it's due to all the disney crap on the disc. Perhaps. I've never seen dvd shrink take that long to scan the files. Though it was flying using 3/4 cores. Perhaps anydvd thinks there are 9 main titles on the disk, just like Dvd shrink. I don't use dvd shrink to transcode. I use Rebuilder to encode. Shrink just lets me see things the way I'm more familiar with ;)

I used 6.7.1.0 and it ripped it fine(Scanned slow). Dvd Rebuilder had no issues. Usually, if there is a problem, Rebuilder is finicky about dirty files. I'll see tonight if there are problems.

At this point........
I'm just waiting to see who's going to come in without bothering to read anything (like this thread) and start thier own shiny new Toy Story 3 thread. :D

-W

Clams, they'll come, and they'll complain that AnyDVD didn't work, and they won't even post a log.

If I was a betting man, I'd put a bunch of money on that bet.

LOL! Whining never accomplished anything ;)

Apparently 6710 may not decrypt completely. I've ran the files through rebuilder without issue. But no player accept Dvd shrink, can see the main 5.1 english track. My guess is that either Rebuilder fowled due to encryption or structure. But I'd be totally pulling that out of my butt. Suffice to say, I won't be burning it in its current form ;) Try to rip/encode again tonight.

I'm new to the forums though I've been using the software (paid for) for a few years. How to I find the beta 6.7.1.7 to download? I'm having trouble with Toy Story 3 as well.
Thanks,

I'm new to the forums though I've been using the software (paid for) for a few years. How to I find the beta 6.7.1.7 to download? I'm having trouble with Toy Story 3 as well.
Thanks,

Look for the sticky post at the top of the forum. The link is in there.

I have manage to copy files using anydvd ripper but when playing back the files, the last portion of the movie becomes distorted with large pixels and intermittent sound. I also have the same result when using AVS DVD Copy. Also tried using CloneDVD2 and get the "OH NO" error into the last minute of copying. Any one else experiencing these problems? Maybe it's the disk?

Last edited:
Back