• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Token Conservation and Reclamation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to happen, but then we would have to slow down the download to 1X, so at least some of us wouldn't get kicked off the provider.
Why? Are the providers sharing who is accessing their sites? I doubt it. So having tokens by provider is no more risky that having a single token system and using all those token on one provider.

Gimmie a break.... You watch 280 / 7 = 40 titles a day??? That's more than a stretch.
What and when someone watches what they have downloaded is irrelevant. If they want to download a lot of stuff for their own use what is the problem? Some people download for others in the household and not just themselves. There is the wife/husband, kids, and any other relatives living under the same roof.

Why? Are the providers sharing who is accessing their sites? I doubt it. So having tokens by provider is no more risky that having a single token system and using all those token on one provider.
Wrong approach. Think about it. For fair use the current system fulfills the needs a person can view per day.

What and when someone watches what they have downloaded is irrelevant. If they want to download a lot of stuff for their own use what is the problem? Some people download for others in the household and not just themselves. There is the wife/husband, kids, and any other relatives living under the same roof.
As long as they dont go blind from watching 280 movies or downloads a week.

Its not going to happen. :cry: What happens to those tokens if I don't sign up for those providers, I only want Netflix, in your world, do I lose them?

It's kind of sad to have those limits but there is more software out there and with no limits. I bought anystream and also bought other softwares and i'm using the best of both worlds. When I'm going to watch on a Tablet because I'm going on a travel or something like that I don't need the maximum quality and then I don't need to use AnyStream, I have been reconciling things this way but I already knew it worked like this is in the terms when I bought the AS license. I don't want to offend anyone and as I am new here I just came to leave my opinion because it is a very interesting topic. The program is very good and I wish there weren't such restrictive limits, maybe for Pro members? Anyway, it's their decision and i respect it. We are in the golden age of streaming we have to take advantage of it. The program is awesome and I am very glad I bought it ^^

It's kind of sad to have those limits but there is more software out there and with no limits. I bought anystream and also bought other softwares and i'm using the best of both worlds. When I'm going to watch on a Tablet because I'm going on a travel or something like that I don't need the maximum quality and then I don't need to use AnyStream, I have been reconciling things this way but I already knew it worked like this is in the terms when I bought the AS license. I don't want to offend anyone and as I am new here I just came to leave my opinion because it is a very interesting topic. The program is very good and I wish there weren't such restrictive limits, maybe for Pro members? Anyway, it's their decision and i respect it. We are in the golden age of streaming we have to take advantage of it. The program is awesome and I am very glad I bought it ^^
Thank you very much for your kind words. We really appreciate them.

That is the happy path. If someone were to hijack the communication at step 3 (after post processing, but before the communication is made) .. *poof* no more download limit.

Because one would have to assume that AS downloads are aborted most frequently due to network outages and/or crashes; not someone hitting 'abort'.
to be 'fair' with a refund the held token approach, they would have to assume any non-communication back was due to this, and 'time out' the hold, otherwise crashed clients wouldn't get a 'refund' anyways.

That wouldn't be hard to game at all.
*shrug*. The more complex a system you make, the harder it is to protect. Simple is better. :)
Not really. They can just have the server not return the decryption key to the content until the "consume token" command is sent (after the download finishes). Then the most you can do if you game the system is download tons of encrypted videos, which won't get you very far.

Not really. They can just have the server not return the decryption key to the content until the "consume token" command is sent (after the download finishes). Then the most you can do if you game the system is download tons of encrypted videos, which won't get you very far.
Finally, a man who understands. The funnny part about this is, everyone and anybody is here and bought the program, they knew exactly what they were buying, and now they want to complain. 280 movies is not enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

Its not going to happen. :cry: What happens to those tokens if I don't sign up for those providers, I only want Netflix, in your world, do I lose them?

You keep on misrepresenting what people are asking for.

The argument is to get 100 tokens per provider. With the same restrictions as currently.
Not unlimited.
Not a combined pool.

Thus:
100 for NF
100 for AP
100 for DP
100 for HU
100 for HB

If you only subscribe to NF, then you only use the tokens allocated to that pool. You are still limited to 100 until they limit it to 1 additional token every 35 minutes.
Your pool for AP and DP and HU and HB will then stay on 100 and "not used".

People are not asking to have the all the providers combined into one huge pool from which you can pull tokens. Just for the limit to apply per provider.

AS will still be "protecting" the user base by not allowing them to download more than the allowed limit per week.

It is really not that hard to understand.

The argument is to get 100 tokens per provider. With the same restrictions as currently.
Not unlimited.
Not a combined pool.

Thus:
100 for NF
100 for AP
100 for DP
100 for HU
100 for HB

If you only subscribe to NF, then you only use the tokens allocated to that pool. You are still limited to 100 until they limit it to 1 additional token every 35 minutes.

People are not asking to have the all the providers combined into one huge pool from which you can pull tokens. Just for the limit to apply per provider.

AS will still be "protecting" the user base by not allowing them to download more than the allowed limit per week.

and you seem to not understand no matter what you say it's not going to happen. 500 a week, let see there are 24 hours in a day, thats a bit excessive,:p

Not unlimited.
Not a combined pool.

Thus:
100 for NF
100 for AP
100 for DP
100 for HU
100 for HB

It is understood.

I am still here on the forum watching the best movie ever " Ground Hog Day" it never ends.:ROFLMAO:
and the funny part about it is, its the same 5 or 6 people, all the others are fine with 280 downloads a week, 24 hours in a day, but we give them 40 downloads a day. But still, it's not enough for those few people. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back