• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Token Conservation and Reclamation

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you all watch it on one TV? No? Each family member can have their own license, nu?
Well to be fair, they plausibly might want to do the downloading on a shared family computer. But the token quota is just so darn high, it shouldn't matter for reasonable levels of use.

I'd be a lot more sympathetic to some of these concerns if the quota was something much stricter, like a 30-token bucket that refills at one per two hours. But it's not.

I would also use this analogy to buying multiple licenses. Only so much productivity can come out of a single computer. Hence you must license Windows on each computer. I am not suggesting that I personally buy multiple licenses. But if my problem was the token limit I would increase my available tokens by buying a second license, you would in essence be abiding by the fair use policy on each license.

I'm not going to die on this hill, but I think in this situation you should also be paying for duplicate subscriptions to Netflix/Amazon/etc. Since you're using their service more than would be physically possible via normal browser streaming, even if you were sharing your account among family members or a small friend group.

I keep coming back to this buffet analogy. Walking out of an all-you-can-eat restaurant holding a few cookies to eat later is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Driving in with your pickup truck, stuffing it full of as much food as possible, and rolling away is just stealing.

Where is the line? I don't know exactly, but it's definitely below "the amount of food (movies) that I am physically capable of eating (watching) in a day."

I think, quite honestly, that a lot of folks in here are rationalizing their behavior.

To be fair, regardless of how you WANT it to be seen, Anystream *IS* a piracy tool.
Let's not pretend otherwise.

Downloading content, removing DRM, outside of the accepted use terms outlined by each provider would 100% be upheld as 'piracy' were such an issue go to court in most countries.

If it wasn't something that could get people SERIOUSLY SUED upon discovery, we wouldn't have limits to 'avoid detection or banning' in the first place.

Just because you personally only steal a little, vs. a lot .. doesn't mean you aren't stealing.

Now .. I don't CARE that you are downloading content. I've no high horse to sit on, because I'm certainly downloading plenty of things to watch.
But no one in here should be feigning 'innocence' about what we are doing.

As someone else said earlier, stealing is stealing .. black and white.
The only differences around 'how much' is your willingness to rationalize the size of your theft.

I'm not going to die on this hill, but I think in this situation you should also be paying for duplicate subscriptions to Netflix/Amazon/etc. Since you're using their service more than would be physically possible via normal browser streaming, even if you were sharing your account among family members or a small friend group.

I'm allowed to have five family 'accounts' on my Netflix plan, all streaming at the same time. That is some 120 hours of content a day.
I think I can raise that to 10 screens a day at an additional monthly fee - but haven't looked at the plans in a while. *shrug*

*edit*

'Only people who live with you may use your account. Watch on 4 different devices at the same time with Premium, 2 with Standard and 1 with Basic.'

Only 4 devices. and I'm at the highest tier. (I just remember them upselling me on doubling screens at one point. It was probably when I went from 2-4 screens because of my kids)

Last edited:
But what if I do not subscribe to that provider, or I can only afford to subscribe to one, do I lose all my other tokens and only get the ones for the subscriber I need? So lets say I get 40 tokens for Disney+ but I am not subscribed, what happens to those tokens? If you take them away, that's not fair, if you add them to the ones I subscribe to, we have the same thing as we do now.
Yes. In a token by provider model you would get a bucket of tokens for each provider. If you don't subscribe to a provider you don't get to use those tokens elsewhere. So with AP, NF, D+, H, and HM you would get 100 tokens for each provider. As you use a token it would get replaced at the rate of 1 every 35 minutes per provider, just like it does now. If you only subscribe to AP the you get 100 tokens to start with and they get replaced 1 every 35 minutes. If you subscribe to AP and NF you get 100 tokens for AP and 100 tokens for NF and as they as get used they get replace at the rate of 1 every 35 minutes. Tokens would not be interchangeable. If you used up all you tokens on one provider you could not grab tokens from another providers bucket.

Since you can download concurrently for all providers, as more providers get added there is a chance that you could use up your tokens. That is why I am suggesting going to a token provider model. We all have high speed internet (I'm assuming no one is doing this on a dial up modem :LOL: ) so doing concurrent downloads is entirely doable.

Yes. In a token by provider model you would get a bucket of tokens for each provider. If you don't subscribe to a provider you don't get to use those tokens elsewhere. So with AP, NF, D+, H, and HM you would get 100 tokens for each provider. As you use a token it would get replaced at the rate of 1 every 35 minutes per provider, just like it does now. If you only subscribe to AP the you get 100 tokens to start with and they get replaced 1 every 35 minutes. If you subscribe to AP and NF you get 100 tokens for AP and 100 tokens for NF and as they as get used they get replace at the rate of 1 every 35 minutes. Tokens would not be interchangeable. If you used up all you tokens on one provider you could not grab tokens from another providers bucket.

Since you can download concurrently for all providers, as more providers get added there is a chance that you could use up your tokens. That is why I am suggesting going to a token provider model. We all have high speed internet (I'm assuming no one is doing this on a dial up modem :LOL: ) so doing concurrent downloads is entirely doable.
It's not going to happen, but then we would have to slow down the download to 1X, so at least some of us wouldn't get kicked off the provider.

Think about it. The current setup gives you almost more titles to download you can digest / view anyway in a reasonable time. Besides tempts to do piracy there is in my opinion no reason to increase the numbers. Just my 2 cents.

Think about it. The current setup gives you almost more titles to download you can digest / view anyway in a reasonable time. Besides tempts to do piracy there is in my opinion no reason to increase the numbers. Just my 2 cents.
Zählen Sie Ihre Token nicht, bevor Sie sie erhalten.

FYI- no plans to change the limits.
Is this because the initial 280 Max downloads per week was set so high or what? Like if AnyStream has 10 providers it’ll still be the same?

My only use for this program is to download obscure titles from Prime since I already have a plex server with pretty much everything. I just also understand that others may want more downloads with the growing number of providers being added, especially with a “Pro” Version

Is this because the initial 280 Max downloads per week was set so high or what? Like if AnyStream has 10 providers it’ll still be the same?

My only use for this program is to download obscure titles from Prime since I already have a plex server with pretty much everything. I just also understand that others may want more downloads with the growing number of providers being added, especially with a “Pro” Version
Gimmie a break.... You watch 280 / 7 = 40 titles a day??? That's more than a stretch.

Smilles , Smiles everyone..:):):) I think I had better start watching those movies I have downloaded using Anystream I am not getting any younger I may croak before I have the time to watch everyone of them and purchase the AS Pro version:rockingchair::):)

Smilles , Smiles everyone..:):):) I think I had better start watching those movies I have downloaded using Anystream I am not getting any younger I may croak before I have the time to watch every one of them and purchase the AS Pro version:rockingchair::):)
Nobody wants movies they just want more tokens, and what makes it worse as if 280 movies or episodes is not enough. Nobody sleeps, eats, or takes a shower, they just watch movies.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back