• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

THE LOOKOUT (miramax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie appears to have issues once the program starts scanning the movie portion of the DVD. I tried it on 2 different discs of the same movie... from 2 different sources... both times... it did the exact same thing.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4080N )c)9 110809040A533A1422
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2(opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1731600 sectors (3382 MBytes)
Total size: 3135288 sectors (6123 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LOO0NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on VideoDVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Upon running CloneDVD2 or DVDshrink... I get:

D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB:read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

CRC is a bad source disc.

CRC is a bad source disc.

This is actually the 2nd disc that I attempted and both did the same thing. I downloaded the upgrade following and it went further with the process, but ultimately was doomed again.

I also know that there are some who are claiming that there isn't a problem with this movie and that's fine. I haven't owned my programs for long, but I have had problems with only 2 movies since I started... and I found it interesting that in both cases, I came to this forum and the movies were either already being talked about or others had the same issues.

Just trying to help. If there's something I can do to help get to the bottom of things... I want to help. SLYSOFT has been good to me. Just want to return the favor.

Anydvd and CloneDVD2 don't fix CRC errors. It was a bad original disc and when this happens the best to do is return it for another.

Anydvd and CloneDVD2 don't fix CRC errors. It was a bad original disc and when this happens the best to do is return it for another.

I got the first from NETFLIX and assumed it was a bad disc so I sent it back and got one from MOVIE GALLERY. They both did the exact same thing. So that was when I assumed it was a new type of lock and came here with the info.

One of the big reasons on the DMCA Law is due to this type of activity as the movie studios lose money.

How do I find myself on such stupid people threads...

If you don't realize that there are thousands of people and thousands of slysofts customers that are actually using rented materials... you are the stupid one and the naive one.

One of the big reasons on the DMCA Law is due to this type of activity as the movie studios lose money.

Obviously... and I'm real concerned about the movie business... I mean, how will they pay Tom Cruise his extra 5 million next year, so that he can lounge on the beaches of italy for a month???

Last edited:
If you don't realize that there are thousands of people and thousands of slysofts customers that are actually using rented materials... you are the stupid one and the naive one.

What one does is their business but what one posts on an open forum is everyones then. You won't get help on this title nor will I help you on any title knowing this new found info you enlighten us on.

RELAX.

It's like Bagdad BOB standing around claiming everything's alright as U.S. tanks roll in behind him. "Nothing going on here!"

Everybody here is here for the same reason. You don't have to be a rocket scientist, and you don't have to be insulting.

Did I *SAY* I didn't realize that thousands of people violate the copyright laws of their home country? No, I simply asked how I find myself on so many threads with stupid people in them. You know, the idiots posting about how they're *LIKELY* illegally copying movies...Believe me, I'm not stupid nor am I naive.

Everybody here is here for the same reason. You don't have to be a rocket scientist, and you don't have to be insulting.

Yea, to make BACKUP COPIES OF MOVIES WE *LEGALLY* OWN!!! You are DEFINITELY no rocket scientist, that's for sure. As for insulting, I call em as I see em. I'm outta this ridiculous thread. Good luck getting help from now on...you'll need it.

Yea, to make BACKUP COPIES OF MOVIES WE *LEGALLY* OWN!!! You are DEFINITELY no rocket scientist, that's for sure. As for insulting, I call em as I see em. I'm outta this ridiculous thread. Good luck getting help from now on...you'll need it.

I agree and nothing I said was insulting I just stated that since you don't legally own your originals you will get no help from me where's the insult, who cares this is my last post to this as well and good luck maybe another illegally renting person will help you I won't.

One further comment on this. I used the AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 and used the built in AnyDVD ripper and had no problems. I then played the output with PowerDVD 7 Ultra and TheaterTek DVD. Zero issues.

The only problem I can see is that AnyDVD is likely incorrectly identifying RipGuard as Arccos. Other than that I have no explanation as to why people are having issues with this movie.

That said I am now deleting all the work I did including log files since I have no need for a backup of this movie. I already posted any useful information. Anything further I likely won't remember.

So, in conclusion, Anydvd works fine with this title. If you use a third party program, such as Shrink, try Anydvd ripper.

As for renters, I won't/can't help anyone who openly admits to copying discs they don't own. And as an aside, some people, in general, try used/scratched/scuffed/gummed up rentals and wonder why they have issues.

But in this case, it's likely there are a bunch of badly pressed/mastered discs out there.

No need to fight.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back