• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

THE LOOKOUT (miramax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One further comment on this. I used the AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 and used the built in AnyDVD ripper and had no problems. I then played the output with PowerDVD 7 Ultra and TheaterTek DVD. Zero issues.

The only problem I can see is that AnyDVD is likely incorrectly identifying RipGuard as Arccos. Other than that I have no explanation as to why people are having issues with this movie.

That said I am now deleting all the work I did including log files since I have no need for a backup of this movie. I already posted any useful information. Anything further I likely won't remember.

From all the posts I've been seeing lately, it seems that AnyDVD is full of bugs.

Some... yes. Others... maybe. I think some people with problems are the cause of the problem and not AnyDVD, though, too.

I just spent an afternoon making backups of The Lookout numerous different ways yet people are claiming they cannot make a backup. So... if I accomplished the the task repeatedly and different ways what does this say? Maybe user error? Maybe a bad disc? Maybe a hardware/software incompatability? Maybe they simply can't keep a computer system functioning normally and properly?

I'm not meaning to insult anyone but I happen to be related to numerous complete computer morons. I know all about just how bizarrely screwed up a person can make a system but have it appear normal for all intents and purposes. Needless to say they aren't even allowed to touch my system(s) or anything electronic that I own. They're cursed with what I call The Dark Hand. Whatever they touch gets FUBARed.

Bugs or not the software is functioning perfectly for me when I've made backups.

Well,

I had the same problem (again) on my Win2k computer. It worked w/o problems on my WinXP and I'm still puzzled what it causes.
RipIt4Me recognizes it w/o any probs. It must be the way Any and Clone look at the file system, UDF or whatever. I don't complain at all since my WinXP reads it OK. Filter drivers were also checked. That's not the problem. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Well, I have to agree that the incorrect identification of Arccos is likely. AnyDVD 6.1.6.9 also identified the protection as Arccos however there is one difference between AnyDVD 6.1.6.9 and AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 as far as what the status window displays ...
AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 is correct. 6.1.6.9 always showed one bad sector protection too much, remember?

Using AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 & CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 when cloning the whole disc including the 0 second titlesets there were no issues when playing back the output using PowerDVD 7 Ultra or TheaterTek DVD. I did the playback from the HDD, of course.

Edit: IFOs attached.
Thanks for the IFOs. Unless Macrovision has changed RipGuard completely, this protection certainly isn't RipGuard. Remember that the display is "Removed structural protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)", Arccos and Puppetlock are just examples. Could be something else as well.

EDIT: AnyDVD isn't an copy protection identification tool. Future versions will no longer display the type of protection.

This isn't a anydvd issue at all. I backed this title up with 2 different softwares one was clonedvd2 and the other was another paid application I even did custom mode and all play backed well on the player.

This isn't a anydvd issue at all. I backed this title up with 2 different softwares one was clonedvd2 and the other was another paid application I even did custom mode and all play backed well on the player.

Charlie and DrinkLyeandDye, can you let me know if this works, please with this movie:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 ?

If so, there must be a bunch of bad discs being sold

Thank you

My problem was the disc not being decrypted by AnyDVD.....two other decrypters worked. Since some are getting the movie done with AnyDVD then possibly there were a lot of bad originals sold?

EDIT: AnyDVD isn't an copy protection identification tool. Future versions will no longer display the type of protection.

BOOOOOOO! :) I rather like that ability of AnyDVD. Yes, I know, it can be confusing, but, there are times when it's useful to know what you're up against. Come on, you know you want to put in a hidden registry key to keep that enabled for highly advanced users. :D

Charlie and DrinkLyeandDye, can you let me know if this works, please with this movie:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 ?

If so, there must be a bunch of bad discs being sold

Thank you

Webslinger I know that dvd shrink works too should of stated so sorry. dinky may try recode I won't and don't use that.

I wish this feature to stay please as it helps me diagnose issues.

BOOOOOOO! I rather like that ability of AnyDVD. Yes, I know, it can be confusing, but, there are times when it's useful to know what you're up against. Come on, you know you want to put in a hidden registry key to keep that enabled for highly advanced users.

:clap::agree::bowdown::agree:

BOOOOOOO! :) I rather like that ability of AnyDVD. Yes, I know, it can be confusing, but, there are times when it's useful to know what you're up against. Come on, you know you want to put in a hidden registry key to keep that enabled for highly advanced users.

:clap::clap::clap:

Webslinger I know that dvd shrink works too should of stated so sorry. dinky may try recode I won't and don't use that.

Shrink, recode and , to the best of my knowledge, all did what they are intended to do but none of those are decrypters.....decrypting was the problem.

I mentioned that I did use CloneDVD2 and dvd shrink, and another product and the backups did play flawlessly. Yes I watched each.

no problem

anydvd and clone dvd both current versions
no problem with the Lookout movie only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back