• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

THE HOMESMAN (Playlist Obsfuscation)

Here's the Canadian version, although I don't think you need it, but here it is anyway.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.8.1_Info_D_THE HOMESMAN.ziplog
    126.6 KB · Views: 5
Sorry,
Try, try again

Ok, that looks ok, I suppose the disc now works correctly in "full disc mode"?
The correct playlist isn't displayed yet but that's easy to update.

Here's the Canadian version, although I don't think you need it, but here it is anyway.

No, that one's without Screen Pass.

Ok, that looks ok, I suppose the disc now works correctly in "full disc mode"?
The correct playlist isn't displayed yet but that's easy to update.

From what I can see, AnyDVD still doesn't see that the disc has Screen Pass (Unless I am missing something)
I assume that means it wouldn't work in 'full disc' playback.

From what I can see, AnyDVD still doesn't see that the disc has Screen Pass (Unless I am missing something)
I assume that means it wouldn't work in 'full disc' playback.

You're probably looking at the log from the Canadian version posted by Jeff?
That one doesn't have Screen Pass.

I posted the logfile for the rental version and it still does not work. I'm using latest version of AnyDVDHD with my protected iso and looking at 1:36 into the movie. Closing credits are still there.

You're probably looking at the log from the Canadian version posted by Jeff?
That one doesn't have Screen Pass.

I double checked and I'm looking at the log posted from 'Maxx'.
No mention of BD-J protection removal in the status window (just lists multiple playlists) and log shows: 1.29s: has screenpass: 0.
Usually this means AnyDVD doesn't see the Screen Pass protection. Maybe I'm wrong though and AnyDVD handles it differently in some cases :)

Last edited:
I double checked and I'm looking at the log posted from 'Maxx'.
No mention of BD-J protection removal in the status window (just lists multiple playlists) and log shows: 1.29s: has screenpass: 0.
Usually this means AnyDVD doesn't see the Screen Pass protection. Maybe I'm wrong though and AnyDVD handles it differently in some cases :)

Yes, sorry, you're right. The detection was ok, but didn't go through as it should. Looks like some little piece is missing, I'll pass it on...

I posted the logfile for the rental version and it still does not work. I'm using latest version of AnyDVDHD with my protected iso and looking at 1:36 into the movie. Closing credits are still there.

This issue should get fixed in the next version. Until then, if you activate region code removal, the disc should work fine (that will trigger the required changes for now).

Please try 7.5.8.2

@ Maxx; RE: Unfortunately, 7.5.8.2 complete broke it. Only blank screen using playlist 393.

I can confirm with my disk also that it goes to "Black Screen". Here are the logs & jars.

In case you need another copy of the Jar folder from a rental version --

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.8.2_Info_J_THE HOMESMAN (Jar).zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
Ok, thanks, try v7.5.8.3 then :)

Looks like 7.5.8.3 did it. Plays all the way through and credits are where they should be although I cannot say that everything else is in the correct place until I get a chance to watch it all.

Looks like 7.5.8.3 did it. Plays all the way through and credits are where they should be although I cannot say that everything else is in the correct place until I get a chance to watch it all.

Thanks for your feedback, I'm fairly certain, that it's ok now.

@ Pete; RE: try v7.5.8.3

Hey Pete, I can now confirm it fixed the playback of "The Homesman". THANKS AGAIN SLYSOFT!, and PETE!

The Homesman - New Lionsgate Protection?

Scanned/ripped/burned per usual w/AnyDVD HD. (The original disk looks like a gray rental version - US). When I played back the burned disk, I got maybe 2 minutes into the film, and then a black screen appeared, telling me my disk was unauthorized, and to go purchase a valid issue, (I'm paraphrasing). First time that ever happened. From looking at the forum briefly, it looks like this is a new Lionsgate protection, (seems folks are having a prob w/ Hunger Games: Mockingjay, etc.).

How long before Slysoft folks usually address new protections? Any DVD HD has been a great product. Thanks for the info. (Should I attach a logfile at this point? Will that help, or are you guys already on it?). Oops looks like you guys are definitely on it

Oh, I was able to skip past that black screen, but I was taken to somewhere around the middle of the movie. I'll try ver. 7.5.8.3 and see what happens

Not to ramble on, but what is the best software to shrink DL Blu-Rays to a movie only single 25GB disk? I've tried trial versions of DVDFab, which did a great job in conjunction with AnyDVD and ImgBurn, (w/the exception of the DVDFab watermark, which is annoying). I've looked at the Handbrake tutorial - that process looks like there's a learning curve there, to get to the point where you know what you're doing. Many thanks again for any and all info. It is greatly appreciated!

- Bill

Last edited:
Scanned/ripped/burned per usual w/AnyDVD HD. (The original disk looks like a gray rental version). When I played back the burned disk, I got maybe 2 minutes into the film, and then a black screen appeared, telling me my disk was unauthorized, and to go purchase a valid issue, (I'm paraphrasing). First time that ever happened. From looking at the forum briefly, it looks like this is a new Lionsgate protection, (seems folks are having a prob w/ Hunger Games: Mockingjay, etc.).

How long before Slysoft folks usually address new protections? Any DVD HD has been a great product. Thanks for the info. (Should I attach a logfile at this point? Will that help, or are you guys already on it?).

Oh, I was able to skip past that black screen, but I was taken to somewhere around the middle of the movie.

Not to ramble on, but what is the best software to shrink DL Blu-Rays to a movie only single 25GB disk? I've tried trial versions of DVDFab, which did a great job in conjunction with AnyDVD and ImgBurn, (w/the exception of the DVDFab watermark, which is annoying). I've looked at the Handbrake tutorial - that process looks like there's a learning curve there, to get to the point where you know what you're doing. Many thanks again for any and all info. It is greatly appreciated!

- Bill

Bill,

You should open a new thread for your issue. The playlist obfuscation issue, for which this thread was opened, was resolved with AnyDVD HD version 7.5.8.3. I sounds like you may be having some other issue not related to AnyDVD. If you are on 7.5.8.3 or higher version of AnyDVD HD and still have this issue, read the sticky at the top of the AnyDVD HD Forum

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?45785-Info-How-to-Ask-for-Help-BEFORE-you-post

Then open a new thread for your issue.

The questions regarding best software to use for ripping/shrinking Blu-Ray disks should also be addressed in a different post. With that said, CloneBD once all the bugs are worked out will probably be the best solution for you. If you need further detail on CloneBD or best practices while CloneBD is being stabilized, then please do that in different post. There should also be plenty of threads on this forum for similar questions which might help answer yours.

Bill,

You should open a new thread for your issue. The playlist obfuscation issue, for which this thread was opened, was resolved with AnyDVD HD version 7.5.8.3. I sounds like you may be having some other issue not related to AnyDVD. If you are on 7.5.8.3 or higher version of AnyDVD HD and still have this issue, read the sticky at the top of the AnyDVD HD Forum

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?45785-Info-How-to-Ask-for-Help-BEFORE-you-post

Then open a new thread for your issue.

The questions regarding best software to use for ripping/shrinking Blu-Ray disks should also be addressed in a different post. With that said, CloneBD once all the bugs are worked out will probably be the best solution for you. If you need further detail on CloneBD or best practices while CloneBD is being stabilized, then please do that in different post. There should also be plenty of threads on this forum for similar questions which might help answer yours.

Thanks,DGR. Sorry I got off on a tangent. But besides obfuscation, it looks like some new protections from Lionsgate are at play here. For the sake of information, I did try to scan/rip with 7.5.8.4 beta version, and play back the .iso file using the Virtual Drive. Where before I was getting 5 min. into the film before that black screen(on my standalone BD player), now playing the .iso file on my PC, as soon as I hit Play Movie (using Power DVD), that black screen appears, telling me, in essence, that I do not have a legitimate disk, so I think it is an AnyDVD protection removal issue. The program's not catching something. I hated to start a new thread for this movie, when this one deals with some form of protection scheme.

But once again, thanks for the response and info. It is much appreciated.

Back