• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

THE HOMESMAN (Playlist Obsfuscation)

worknstiff

Here we go again with another Lionsgate POS. It rips fine but when playing it has the end credits playing at 1:36:00 and the movie is over two hours long at 2:03:18. Speedmenu shows 9 playlists with thatView attachment 26237View attachment 26238 same overall time. Happy hunting guys, I know you are loving these puzzles. Here are the logs and jars, hope this helps.

It finally worked for me on The Homesman

In AnyDVD HD >Drives>Scanning for Drives> Aggressive Scan checked worked for me with 7.5.7.5

Old Dog

@ Old Dog; RE: Aggressive Scan checked worked for me with 7.5.7.5

I didn't say that the disk wouldn't scan, it scans and successfully rips great. It is just when you playback the rip the movie is scrambled. IE: Playlists are not played back in the correct order. I stated that the end credits were now played near the middle of the movie. Thanks for your help, Old Dog.

Ripping this now with DVDFab, which shows title 393. AnyDVD didn't indicate a correct playlist.

Looks like 393 has been confirmed on another forum, so DVDFab must handle this disc currently, where as AnyDVD doesn't yet.

I did a quick skip-through 393 and 872 MKV files, and both seemed OK. Will sit down and watch 393 in a day or so.

I did a quick skip-through 393 and 872 MKV files, and both seemed OK. Will sit down and watch 393 in a day or so.

They both have completely different layouts, so only one can be correct (first change is around 5 minutes in)

They both have completely different layouts, so only one can be correct (first change is around 5 minutes in)

Confirmed. PL 872 skips about 30 sec of that scene. Although, both versions measure 2:03:17.

I watched my MKV of PL #393 all the way through and it seemed to be fine. This movie has a lot of odd jump-cuts from scene to scene and flashbacks, so its hard to say for sure. But when I had doubts I compared it to the BD and it was right. R-A US rental disc.

Thanks rdgrimes; I will try this playlist (PL #393) I was really excited when I saw the new release email for the 7.5.8.0 but it still does not fix this disk. I guess not to many people have this disk and slysoft has decided not to mess with it, its not like this is a blockbuster like "Hunger Games" or something, lol. I guess we will just have to make do with a movie only copy. Thanks again for the playlist suggestion.

I would assume that Slysoft is still interested in fixing this issue for The Homesman. Maybe they just have not gotten enough input/logfiles from users yet?

Thanks rdgrimes; I will try this playlist (PL #393) I was really excited when I saw the new release email for the 7.5.8.0 but it still does not fix this disk. I guess not to many people have this disk and slysoft has decided not to mess with it, its not like this is a blockbuster like "Hunger Games" or something, lol. I guess we will just have to make do with a movie only copy. Thanks again for the playlist suggestion.

DVDFab didn't have any trouble with it.

I would assume that Slysoft is still interested in fixing this issue for The Homesman. Maybe they just have not gotten enough input/logfiles from users yet?

We have all we need, thanks. Everything but time - it's extremely busy atm. This will get fixed.

DVDFab didn't have any trouble with it.

You keep saying that without any information on how they are doing it. My guess, based on how they've operated in the past, is that they hardcode which playlist is the correct one so when you scan it, it gets the correct playlist.

Regardless, the surefire way to get the correct playlist is now known well if you've been following other posters on here. While it would be a convenience to get the correct playlist from AnyDVDHD, it's not a dealbreaker for me and I would rather them find a way to determine the correct playlist automatically without having the knowledge of what the specific disk is.

That takes time.

Had no issues with the Canadian version released by Mongrel Media.

Had no issues with the Canadian version released by Mongrel Media.
Yes. I have the Canadian version and 7.5.8.0 produces a playlist of "0" (zero) enabling Speed Menu, this is also confirmed with Windows Process Monitor and Power DVD 14.
With that said, the Canadian version does not use playlist obfuscation since it does not announce this in the "Status" window.

Last edited:
Can someone please create a log file with v7.5.8.1? Thanks.

Logfile you asked for

Using protected iso created from rental disk

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.9.0_Info_H_SINGLE_MOMS_CLUB.ziplog
    1 MB · Views: 7
Another try for log file

Sorry,
Try, try again

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.8.1_Info_J_THE HOMESMAN.ziplog
    610.4 KB · Views: 6
Back