• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Swapping Anystream licenses

mikelee999

I am downloading TV shows which quickly run up against the Anystream download limits. So I have two Anystream+ licenses.

Is there any harm from switching Anystream licenses out over and over again on the same computer? I have one machine that downloads programs twice as fast as my other one.

I think not, as long as you use these licences only on one computer.
Only when you start to use the same licence on two computers there might be problems.

I am downloading TV shows which quickly run up against the Anystream download limits. So I have two Anystream+ licenses.

Is there any harm from switching Anystream licenses out over and over again on the same computer? I have one machine that downloads programs twice as fast as my other one.
No, each license is licensed to that computer. However you can ask support , https://www.redfox.bz/support.html , under the category tab dropdown box choose Technical support AnyStream.

That's incorrect my friend, licenses are USER BOUND, not machine bound. That applies to any redfox / elby product
So that means I can give my license to 20 different people, and if asked I could say , I have a lot kids and relatives in my house. I mean its user bound, how does anyone know if they are my computers? My post said to ask support, it would be the prudent thing to do.

So that means I can give my license to 20 different people, and if asked I could say , I have a lot kids and relatives in my house. I mean its user bound, how does anyone know if they are my computers? My post said to ask support, it would be the prudent thing to do.

Technically you could do that yes, wouldn't recommend it though. Your computers, thats what the machine ID is for i guess. It's used i assume to identify a specific machine but it's not what a license is bound to. Otherwise i'd expect the purchase page to request the machine ID. It doesn't. Licenses are (and always have been) bound to the user info entered upon purchase.

Technically you could do that yes, wouldn't recommend it though. Your computers, thats what the machine ID is for i guess. It's used i assume to identify a specific machine but it's not what a license is bound to. Otherwise i'd expect the purchase page to request the machine ID. It doesn't. Licenses are (and always have been) bound to the user info entered upon purchase.
I believe it is bound to the machine ID, they may give you a bit of leeway but not that much, if I were that user I would contact support, tell them what I was doing and then they may give him a pass. But the license is bound to the machine ID.

I’d hope it’s at least one machine at a time rather than being bound to one machine. I’m rocking an older desktop. Not sure how many more years it has!

I’d hope it’s at least one machine at a time rather than being bound to one machine. I’m rocking an older desktop. Not sure how many more years it has!
You would be wise to contact support and ask them. The link is https://www.redfox.bz/support.html as I said above, just ask them, they may give you some leeway, I am not in charge of users using the program on several different PCs. I am sure if you change your machine and let them know it will be fine. That's a given.

Last edited:
I always thought you could install on a new machine and licensees just not allow concurrent use .. I'm buying new PC soon and confused now since several threads says you can, is there no FAQ for this procedure?, deactivation/uninstall/do we need to contact support etc .. I'm thinking these are common questions so maybe there's a FAQ somewhere?

I always thought you could install on a new machine and licensees just not allow concurrent use .. I'm buying new PC soon and confused now since several threads says you can, is there no FAQ for this procedure?, deactivation/uninstall/do we need to contact support etc .. I'm thinking these are common questions so maybe there's a FAQ somewhere?
You can absolutely change the license to a new PC. No deactivation, just uninstall from old and put in new, that's it. No confusion, but if it's on 5 PCs with different machine IDs, you may get an e-mail or a PM, that's all, nothing to worry about. Worst case scenario you notify support you are changing machines. This is not a big deal. Just remember even if you have it on two machines you still only have 1 token bucket per license. One license-one token bucket.

Not sure if this helps but before i purchased the software i sent a message to support asking if i could use the software on my laptop as well as my PC. The reply was yes not a problem just so long as they wernt used at the same time

Not sure if this helps but before i purchased the software i sent a message to support asking if i could use the software on my laptop as well as my PC. The reply was yes not a problem just so long as they wernt used at the same time
Well then it’s not a problem. See how easy that was all you had to do was ask Support

Thanks for answering, have just one PC but needs to be replaced anytime soon .. yes the token bucket thingy already narrows down users who would come up with any ideas of license sharing to 20 brothers and their cousins, you'd quickly end up with no tokens for yourself :D

one machine at a time rather than being bound to one machine
if i could use the software on my laptop as well as my PC. The reply was yes not a problem just so long as they wernt used at the same time
Exactly. I use AnyDVD on my laptop and than on my PC for some years now, no problems at all and no problem with activating it on my new PC, not even to mention all the times I installed Windows from scratch and therefore were forced to reactivate the program, so I probably have 5-10 entrys in my licence on their server, if not more.
And after using AnyStream on my old PC only for month, there was no problem as well when I begun to use it on my Laptop and my new PC as well.

I believe it is bound to the machine ID, they may give you a bit of leeway but not that much, if I were that user I would contact support, tell them what I was doing and then they may give him a pass. But the license is bound to the machine ID.
The answer is somewhere in between.
The license is not BOUND to a machine id (only the trials are).
But you can get your license snuffed, if the same license is used on multiple PCs. (Though, in general, nobody is going to chop your hands off, if you use the same license on two PCs - some people have a PC and a notebook and want that flexibility, and it's totally ok, as long as both are not being used simultaneously).

Yes but only one comphuter can use the liscens at a time.

Back