• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Spider-Man - Across The Spider-Verse only in SD

This key combination does nothing in my Firefox x64 117.0.1 on Windows 10.
Is there another way to check?
Then you did it wrong. You must do it on the website not in Anystream.Netflix Spiderman.jpg

Last edited:
Then you did it wrong. You must do it on the website not in Anystream.

Yup, I understand. I am within Firefox on Netflix.com, there was no confusing Firefox with AS.
Upon further looking, I disabled any sort of media helper plugins that I have installed.
The video in my sample test shows 720p, but when I download it shows 1080p. So I guess if an unknown video shows 540 or less that partially answers a question of if it is HD or better.
I do not see any settings in my web browser to request 1080p, but that's a different topic.

[EDIT] It appears FF does not support 1080 playback. They claim MS Edge can do 4K. But I saw what I needed, thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Hm, I just had a notion with some new added movies that are only in 540p:
They are ALL from Sony Pictures (Spider-Man, Across the Spider-Verse, Black Sea, Vertical Limit) while other new added movies show up in 1080p - and above mentioned movies (No Hard Feelings, The Mummy) are from Sony Pictures, too.
So it MIGHT be a Sony Pictures related issue, that they are not allowed (?) to show them in browser with 1080p?
Sounds crazy but I rarely believe in incidents...

Yep, I can confirm, the limited resolution is a Sony thing. A while ago I read about the licensing deal between Sony and NF which allows higher resolutions only for L1 encryption, but not for viewing in a browser. And I can say it highly annoys me! It's not just about the lower resolution. Like with all their content (and like all other providers I know of) NF also uses a much more aggressive compression for lower resolutiors. The result is a chunkier, blockier and overall just ugly video. While this is reasonable if you are watching on your phone while on a slow connection, it's really unpleasant on a large screen.

Bottom line, if it's Sony content you're better of waiting until another provider also releases these. But to put it all clear: This is not an issue with AS.

Very interesting. I noticed, that some movies would constantly crash in the Windows Netflix app (Ooops, something went wrong). Black Sea being one of them. That could also be related to the "Sony thing". If true, Sony movies can not be played properly on a PC. Netflix is getting better and better (and more expensive).

Very interesting. I noticed, that some movies would constantly crash in the Windows Netflix app (Ooops, something went wrong). Black Sea being one of them. That could also be related to the "Sony thing". If true, Sony movies can not be played properly on a PC. Netflix is getting better and better (and more expensive).
Let us not forget that Sony was a primary user of Cinavia and who's CD protection introduced vulnerabilities to peoples PCs. They will always do all they can to screw folks over.

Yep, I can confirm, the limited resolution is a Sony thing. A while ago I read about the licensing deal between Sony and NF which allows higher resolutions only for L1 encryption, but not for viewing in a browser.

Prove me wrong but I find it hard to believe that Sony or Netflix would issue a statement regarding what encryption level they will use on certain movies. Also, Sony movies on NF were 1080p a month ago before Netflix made some encryption changes. Lastly, Sony movies are not the only ones affected, there are many others from Universal. The browsers that are affected are Chrome, Firefox and any other that relies on WidevineCdm (so does AnyStream). Microsoft Edge is not affected since it uses PlayReady.

Only article I found and it does not mention anything about L1: https://about.netflix.com/en/news/n...rtainment-sign-pay-one-u-s-licensing-deal-for

Last edited:
Back