• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Spider-Man - Across The Spider-Verse only in SD

movie.melli

May it be / Can someone confess that Spider-Man - Across The Spider-Verse on Netflix is one of those movies only accessible in 960x540 via AS?

I am familiar with the logoff-close-start-login-procedure, but it still doesn't show up while other movies appear in 1080p.

I noticed a few "new" movies playing only at 540p on N over the past few weeks (meaning, that's what I'm getting through my browser, so not an AS issue). I don't know if it's N cheaping out on bandwidth or something else, but it's frustrating for a movie released in 2023 and I'm paying for HD quality.

I noticed a few "new" movies playing only at 540p on N over the past few weeks (meaning, that's what I'm getting through my browser, so not an AS issue). I don't know if it's N cheaping out on bandwidth or something else, but it's frustrating for a movie released in 2023 and I'm paying for HD quality.
If that's what you are getting through your browser it's not an AnyStream issue. Thanks for the input.

People should check the movies in their browsers (Firefox or Chrome) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D while playing ...
some movies only play in 540p in different regions, so that's nothing AnyStream can fix , to the OP in this thread Spider-Man - Across The Spider-Verse on Netflix is only 540p in the browser so that is what you will get forever. We cannot fix it.

Yeah they did that with Mitchell's vs Machines when that came out a while back. It was more than 6 months before it was finally watchable in browser (and downloadable) at 1080p.

This is done with alot of their animated shows. To be honest unless you have a 55" or over TV you will enjoy it either way. It's a cartoon. ;) .

This is done with alot of their animated shows. To be honest unless you have a 55" or over TV you will enjoy it either way. It's a cartoon. ;) .
Its more than just animated. No Hard Feelings, The Mummy, Ted 2, are all non-animated under "New Releases" but are 720x480 in browser.

I think it may only be the browser version stuck at 720p, because they do seem to play at 1080p using the Netflix app on my FireTV stick and Roku Ultra

Its more than just animated. No Hard Feelings, The Mummy, Ted 2, are all non-animated under "New Releases" but are 720x480 in browser.

I think it may only be the browser version stuck at 720p, because they do seem to play at 1080p using the Netflix app on my FireTV stick and Roku Ultra
Yes, you are correct, I was just saying that a lot of animated films on Netflix are in 540p, you would think 720p wouldn't take up that much space on their servers but they do what they do. ;)

Hm, I just had a notion with some new added movies that are only in 540p:
They are ALL from Sony Pictures (Spider-Man, Across the Spider-Verse, Black Sea, Vertical Limit) while other new added movies show up in 1080p - and above mentioned movies (No Hard Feelings, The Mummy) are from Sony Pictures, too.
So it MIGHT be a Sony Pictures related issue, that they are not allowed (?) to show them in browser with 1080p?
Sounds crazy but I rarely believe in incidents...

Saw this thread yesterday but only replying now. It's a Sony thing.

....and above mentioned movies (No Hard Feelings, The Mummy) are from Sony Pictures, too......
So it MIGHT be a Sony Pictures related issue, that they are not allowed (?) to show them in browser with 1080p?
The Mummy (2017, Tom Cruise) is the one I referenced. That is Universal. I didn't see Sony in the opening, but I didn't look at the ending crawl. Everything I saw online, also lists Universal as the distributor.

But yes, No Hard Feelings is distributed by Sony. And the production company was Columbia Pictures, which is part of Sony.

So if there are limits from the studios, maybe its not just Sony, but Sony and Universal?

Hm, I just had a notion with some new added movies that are only in 540p:
They are ALL from Sony Pictures (Spider-Man, Across the Spider-Verse, Black Sea, Vertical Limit) while other new added movies show up in 1080p - and above mentioned movies (No Hard Feelings, The Mummy) are from Sony Pictures, too.
Its got nothing to do with the browser they are in 540p from the provider. Enough said.

People should check the movies in their browsers (Firefox or Chrome) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D while playing ...from the provider.

People should check the movies in their browsers (Firefox or Chrome) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D while playing ...from the provider.
👍
I've been waiting for Spidey for months, but if the provider is sending it in the browser with that resolution, AnyStream can't get blood from a stone. We just have to hope it hits AP or Max since Flix is likely not gonna change it.

So I've checked from the browser on the recent releases that they've referenced and on the browser they're playing in 1080p, Spider-Man, Insidious, The Mummy, etc.

I've also confirmed with other older titles that they are available to download in 1080p, just to make sure I didn't need to log out of NF, close AS, re-open, and log back into NF.

I've included screenshots of a couple of examples, as well as a log file I just generated.
1699113025355.png1699113046582.png1699113492911.png1699113502178.png

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.7.2.astlog
    309.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes we are still working on some, my point was that there are many in 540p and I have shown you the way to tell, these other you will have to wait until we get that sorted.

People should check the movies in their browsers (Firefox or Chrome) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D while playing ...

This key combination does nothing in my Firefox x64 117.0.1 on Windows 10.
Is there another way to check?

Back